Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else get their E-qip rejected after their SI?

Comment

• NYC1175
      NYC1175 commented
      Editing a comment
      What do you mean rejected?

• Chandler_Bing17
      Chandler_Bing17 commented
      Editing a comment
      I got an email telling me my e-qip was rejected and I’ll have to do it again. My SI was 2 weeks ago.

• Zmatty
      Zmatty commented
      Editing a comment
      You probably did not fill it out appropriately. Might have had missing time gaps.
      Usually when this is sent back, they tell you what needs to fixed or you may get a phone call from someone explaining what exactly you should do.

• Chandler_Bing17
      Chandler_Bing17 commented
      Editing a comment
      Well after the SMD emailed me about it being rejected I never got an email from E-qip. So I email them and they return saying it wasn’t rejected and was accepted by USSS. Thoroughly confused.

• Alright guys, just finished lab work (which also consisted of audiology and vision)

I hope I passed the vision portion, she didn't even ask for me to put on my glasses.

Also I've heard alot of people having to re-do audiology. Did they explain the numbers on the charts to you? For instance one of the frequencies I got a 10 (which is the upper range of acceptable). I hope I won't have to re-do mine for that reason.
    She said it should be fine as long as it's not 50, but some of you guys also got passing audiology and had to retake it.

Just trying to see if you anyone's got a better understanding of what they're looking for.

Cheers.

Comment

• Sb2475
      Sb2475 commented
      Editing a comment
      Good stuff. Hopefully you get the call soon and get the July class lol.

• Zmatty
      Zmatty commented
      Editing a comment
      Sb2475 yeah I'm trying to catch up lol. But July seems like wishful thinking. we shall see

• Kmart
      Kmart commented
      Editing a comment
      Interesting they didn't test your vision with glasses on as well. I had to go back multiple times because they didn't do the right visions tests for me when I went in... Hopefully you won't have to deal with that!

• Zmatty
      Zmatty commented
      Editing a comment
      Kmart hopefully not.
      Especially since I just did a vision test for them with my eQip less than a month ago.
      It’s kinda strange to have repeated it again today.

• Timeline for the entire process.

Applied: 12/29/2020
    SAEE: 1/14/2021
    SUPER: 2/2/2021
    CO: 2/9/2021
    SI: 2/24/2021
    Medical: 3/5/2021
    Medical: 3/15/2021
    Poly: 3/17/2021
    HI: 3/30/2021
    The Call: 4/13/2021

8 Filed offices offered. heading to FLETC in a few months.

Comment

• Yak
      Yak commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats. Awesome timeline as well. I'm glad not many seem to be in my boat. Applied in Oct of 2020 and only as far as the SI which I did a month ago now. Good luck.

• Sheridan1
      Sheridan1 commented
      Editing a comment
      It's hypothetical scenario based? I thought it was behavioral questions based on your past experiences.

• Yak
      Yak commented
      Editing a comment
      Mine were scenario based. My recommendation is to cover as many areas as possible and develop responses for them. Ethical, legal, stressful, work confrontation ect. I did not have these specific areas as a topic, but my point is that I only covered a few areas. For example, I presumed the majority of the questions would be related to handling stressful situations or complex problems and things of that nature, they were not. So just try to think of as many areas as you can and think of personal situations you've had in those areas and how you dealt with (rectified) them: work, confrontation, ethic dilemmas, stressful situations, complex problems/multiple things going on at once, ect. This is an assumption, but I assume they have a plethora of questions related to all sorts of different areas, best to be prepared for as much as possible.

• Kodanight
      Kodanight commented
      Editing a comment
      Mr.Hopeful what were the 8 field offices offered?

• We are at the tail end of week 2 in the adjudicative review process. The days are long, the nights are longer. Alas, we continue to wait...

Comment

• JamoStu
      JamoStu commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol man I’m coming up on week 12 of that non sense. I legitimately don’t understand why it seems to only by Veterans and mostly Current Active Duty.

• ABS2005
      ABS2005 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm at 1 year and five months...it doesn't make any sense, and it's infuriating that there's not a thing that can be done about it nor any idea when it might end.

• Hopingfor1811
      Hopingfor1811 commented
      Editing a comment
      I've been in it since September 2020.

• https://forum.officer.com/forum/empl...99#post6996599

well that’s reassuring!

Comment

• How do you know if you cleared medical? I had my medical exam a bit over a month ago and was sent to take the drug test. I haven’t received any sort of emails stating I had follow up. How long after medical do most people receive correspondence indicating that they have a medical follow up?

Comment

• Ceann
        Ceann commented
        Editing a comment
        I had my medical appointment on 4 January and received an email on 16 February with an attachment stating my medical determination was deferred until I provided further documentation about shoulder arthritis in my VA rating. The date on the attachment said it was reviewed on 20 January by their medical division. So it took about two weeks or so to review my medical exam results and another almost four week for them to notify me off the follow up requirements. I have not heard anything back from them other than "if we need anything else we'll reach out to you". I am now one week post home interview and am just assuming they were satisfied with what I provided them in the follow up.

• Eliteforce
        Eliteforce commented
        Editing a comment
        Ceann got you. I am assuming if I don’t hear anything by May 1st that I should be good to go...I guess we will see though.

• Had my medical two weeks ago on the 9th and haven’t heard anything since regarding poly, drug test, etc...this a normal turnaround time between medical and next steps?
      Last edited by griffinlocke; 04-23-2021, 01:08 PM.

Comment

• Ceann
        Ceann commented
        Editing a comment
        Hard to really say what is a normal turnaround time but I had my medical on 4 Jan and I got an email on 3 Feb to schedule my poly.

• Kodanight
        Kodanight commented
        Editing a comment
        I was contacted to schedule my poly the day I had my medical (medical was few weeks ago and poly is coming up in May). I’d guess you’ll hear something soon

• Does anyone have there academy start date in August 2021?

Comment

• Hello all, so I didn’t pass my poly, I admitted that I withheld information due to embarrassment. I know it was stupid but I have a past that I’m not happy about. I was in fear I wouldn’t get the job if I disclosed certain information. I had to update my application and the polygrapher said it’s up to the adjudication department and I’ll hear something in about two weeks. I’m still hopeful but at the same time I understand that this could disqualifiy me from the process. My question is I applied for my local police department and I’m sure I’ll have to take a polygraph. Will this polygraph I took with secret service affect the polygraph from the police department? What would happen. Obviously I’m not going to withhold information because I’ve learned my lesson however do I have to disclose that I did a poly with secret service and what the results were. Can they share information?

Comment

• Fedfun
          Fedfun commented
          Editing a comment
          Everyone everywhere will ask you on polys now if you have taken one and what the results are. The service cant tell them what you failed but they can say yes you took one and that it showed deception, inconclusive etc.

• Spr5088
          Spr5088 commented
          Editing a comment
          Withholding information and failing a polygraph are two different things. You can still pass the polygraph, but they can terminate you because during the polygraph, it was determined that you were untruthful earlier. Polygraph simply determines if your being truthful. The way you described it, you were truthful, but a little too late.
          As far as your PD goes, when they ask if you’ve taken a poly and you say yes and that you passed it (if that’s what the adjudication dept says), then they will surely ask what happened with the process. In that event, you’ll have to disclose that you were untruthful during the application process for whatever reason.

• jkufen
          jkufen commented
          Editing a comment
          They didn’t give you the same hour long speech about no matter how embarrassing the information is be truthful?

• 2CK2021
          2CK2021 commented
          Editing a comment
          Is this pertaining to the SI and eQip? I have plenty of embarrassing things but they don't really have anything to do with what I have been asked before.

• Has anyone made the transition from in a middle of a law enforcement academy into the secret service ?

Comment

• Just had my at home interview today. Went well basically how I expected. 2 hours of him basically telling me the job sucks and expect the worst. He will send his report but I fully expect an email to schedule medical next week and then it’ll be waiting for a job.

Comment

• wow that went way different from what i got told. Why were you expecting him to say the job sucks and expect the worse?

Comment

• jkufen
              jkufen commented
              Editing a comment
              I was exaggerating a little but they try and give you all the worst case info up front so when you get on the job you aren’t surprised. He said they were having issues because new hires had all the expectations of a glamorous world and when it wasn’t they were quitting so the agency was losing a lot of resources training agents to just quit.

• Fedfun
              Fedfun commented
              Editing a comment
              It should be stressed numerous times throughout the process the negative aspects of this job. Eyes full open to say the least

• We’re you guys able to use a pen and paper for the SAEE?

Comment

• Zmatty
              Zmatty commented
              Editing a comment
              Was all online homie

• Treybey
              Treybey commented
              Editing a comment
              They will provide you with pen/paper.

• No you won’t need it

Comment

• Anyone been scheduled a SUPER and then also get invited to ELAC? I didn't think you would do both as ELAC combined SUPER as well correct?

Comment

• Zmatty
                Zmatty commented
                Editing a comment
                Hey, I know you’re out of Columbus. I don’t even know what ELAC is. I heard that name thrown around this forum a few times...but it was never mentioned to me by any agents

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3063 users online. 190 members and 2873 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X