300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bulmer1 View Post
    Is the initial before the TEA? If so, I did not get one, I just got an email saying to take the TEA. What does that mean?
    Funny you should ask, I just got a call today to set up my Initial, and I took the TEA on April 1st....4 months ago. Slow process! I am suppose to call the agent back tomorrow and let him know a time in the next 2 weeks that I can come in. The Initial is not very long, correct?

Comment

• Originally posted by Good_to_go! View Post
      Looks like TennDet and I will be meeting in Georgia soon...

CJSSA2B,

if you will please update me!

Good luck to everyone still in the process.
      Just want to clarify, are you FLETC bound in September?

Comment

• Weekly Applicant Update

S/A Applicant Status Update 07/28/2009

Last week’s movement:

Bham SA Hopeful completed the panel interview.

AT FLETC/JJRTC
        FPO in Philly: Applied 09/07, INITIAL 01/08, TEA 01/08, PANEL 01/08, POLY 02/08, MED 02/08, BI 10/08, THE CALL 04/09 (June 09)
        hawkeye81: Applied 12/07, INITIAL 01/08, TEA 03/08, PANEL 04/08, POLY 08/08, BI 09/08, MED 10/08, THE CALL 04/09 (June 09)

RECEIVED “THE CALL!” FLETC BOUND
        Wilson: Applied 08/08, INITIAL 09/08, TEA 10/08, PANEL 12/08, POLY 02/09, MED 04/09, BI 04/09, Drug Screen 04/09, THE CALL 06/09 (Aug 09)
        Good_to_Go!: Applied 12/07, TEA 02/08, INITIAL 02/08, PANEL 03/09, POLY 05/09, MED 06/09, BI 07/09, Drug Screen 07/09, THE CALL 07/09 (Sep 09)

APPLICATION COMPLETE - WAITING ON “THE CALL”
        MR_BOND: Applied 02/08, INITIAL 12/08, TEA 01/09, PANEL 02/09, MED 02/09, POLY 03/09, BI 04/09, Drug Screening 05/09
        1811BigFella: Applied 10/08, INITIAL 02/09, TEA 03/09, PANEL 04/09, POLY 05/09, MED 06/09, BI 06/09, HI 06/09, Drug Screen 06/09
        18Dto1811: Applied 11/08, TEA 01/09, INITIAL 02/09, PANEL 02/09, POLY 03/09, MED 04/09, BI 05/09, Drug Screen 06/09

BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION ONGOING

POLYGRAPH/MEDICAL
        CJSSA2B: Applied 08/07, TEA 10/07, INITIAL 11/07, PANEL 01/08, POLY 04/08, MED 04/08, BI 05/08
        calavera: INITIAL 11/08, TEA 02/09, PANEL 04/09, POLY 06/09
        1811orBust: Applied 03/09, TEA 04/09, INITIAL 04/09, PANEL 04/09, POLY 06/09

COMPLETED PANEL INTERVIEW
        Bham SA Hopeful: Applied 11/08, TEA 05/09, INITIAL 05/09, PANEL 07/09
        Kappa Cop: Applied 01/09, INITIAL 01/09, TEA 02/09, PANEL 04/09
        1811Chick: Applied 01/09, INITIAL 03/09, TEA 04/09, PANEL 05/09, POLY 07/09
        BLaw81: TEA 2006, Applied 02/09, INITIAL 03/09, PANEL 03/09
        Goose49: Applied 04/09, TEA 05/09, INITIAL 06/09, PANEL 07/09

COMPLETED INITIAL INTERVIEW
        AgentHopeful03: Applied 02/08, INITIAL 07/08, TEA 05/09
        brickster720: Applied 04/09, TEA 06/09, INITIAL 06/09, PANEL 08/09
        Indy44: Applied 04/09, TEA 06/09, INITIAL 07/09

COMPLETED TEA EXAM
        skunkworks: Applied 05/09, TEA 07/09

APPLIED
        Future1811: Applied 03/09

If you would like to be added to the list, PM me with your time line. If your time line needs to be updated PM me with your updates.

*= New to the list.
        (Date) = Class Date

Comment

• Originally posted by flyer2007 View Post
          Funny you should ask, I just got a call today to set up my Initial, and I took the TEA on April 1st....4 months ago. Slow process! I am suppose to call the agent back tomorrow and let him know a time in the next 2 weeks that I can come in. The Initial is not very long, correct?
          The new process is to administer the TEA before the initial interview. Apparently about 2/3's of everyone that takes the TEA fails it, so they switched it around to keep from wasting the SAC or ASAC's time. I interviewed with the SAC for around 2 hours, but I don't think that everyone here interviewed for that long. I think it just depends on how deep that want to go with you on that first meeting. My suggestion is to get in there as quickly as you can because you are most likely in for another long wait for the panel. I know I just had my panel a week ago and it seems like it was a month ago. Now I'm in for a long wait for the poly and quite nervous about it. I've never taken one before. I got nothing to hide, but it is something new for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bham SA Hopeful View Post
            The new process is to administer the TEA before the initial interview. Apparently about 2/3's of everyone that takes the TEA fails it, so they switched it around to keep from wasting the SAC or ASAC's time. I interviewed with the SAC for around 2 hours, but I don't think that everyone here interviewed for that long. I think it just depends on how deep that want to go with you on that first meeting. My suggestion is to get in there as quickly as you can because you are most likely in for another long wait for the panel. I know I just had my panel a week ago and it seems like it was a month ago. Now I'm in for a long wait for the poly and quite nervous about it. I've never taken one before. I got nothing to hide, but it is something new for me.
            Thanks for the info! I am scheduled for the morning of Aug 6th, next week. I am also in the process with ATL PD, and it seems to be moving quickly. I have the poly scheduled for morning of Aug 3rd with them.

I am assuming that I will take the ATL PD job, if offered, and then continue in the USSS process. I'm not sure how I will juggle both of those, but I guess we shall see! Law enforcement will be a career change for me (currently an insurance number cruncher), so I would hate to pass up an opportunity just because I was holding out for the other one....and then not get either in the end.

Comment

Last edited by brickster720; 04-12-2012, 11:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by brickster720 View Post
                When I had my initial after my TEA at the end of June it was only about 30-45 minutes. After that they scheduled panel for next month.

Question: Did they schedule you for your poly prior to leaving from your panel, or did they call/email you after that to schedule you?

After I completed the panel I got a call two or three weeks later to complete my medical and then another week or two before I got a call to schedule the poly. Either way you will have to wait several weeks before you find out when the next step in the process will be scheduled. Good Luck.

Comment

i hear ya brother. It'll be 3 weeks this friday since my panel and it feels like it was 2 months ago. And I'm also somewhat nervous about the poly even though I have nothing to hide. But we'll see. I guess I'm just anxious about just getting the call for the next step. Advice for anyone starting the process, don't look ahead for steps after the one you have next, because it will eat you up, just focus on what's next. Actually just act like you are not even in the process until you get called. It makes things easier

My initial took 3 hours, but my SAC is old school i guess. there are only 7 people that have been in longer than him, but he was a great guy and the interview was not bad.

Comment

Last edited by brickster720; 04-12-2012, 11:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by brickster720 View Post
                      When I had my initial after my TEA at the end of June it was only about 30-45 minutes. After that they scheduled panel for next month.

Question: Did they schedule you for your poly prior to leaving from your panel, or did they call/email you after that to schedule you?
                      I haven't actually been scheduled for my poly yet. I am just hoping to get scheduled. I have every reason to believe I passed the panel, but I don't guess you ever REALLY know until the polygraph administrator calls you to set up a time to "get to know you a little better."

Comment

the polygraph administrator calls you to set up a time to "get to know you a little better."
                        That they do!

Comment

I haven't actually been scheduled for my poly yet. I am just hoping to get scheduled. I have every reason to believe I passed the panel, but I don't guess you ever REALLY know until the polygraph administrator calls you to set up a time to "get to know you a little better."
                          just waiting it up...hoping for a call this week, but not expecting one

Comment

When I got the poly call the Agent was already in take no prisoners poly mode. Short, quick, to the point and not much small talk. I think it took several minutes to register what had happened when I hung up the phone. Good Luck!

Comment

• post deleted
                              Last edited by soflafed; 10-31-2011, 03:33 AM.

Comment

• Here's my question...

If you already have security clearance completed with customs....and all the steps leading up to it...all being accomplished under a year....will it cross over to the SA position?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8642 users online. 476 members and 8166 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X