300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey everyone,

I was filling out the app and working on the KSA essays, was just wondering how much everyone wrote for them and if you used extra pages...

thanks all
    NYS Trooper - 76.67...gonna be waitin......
    NYPD - Exam # 8305...gonna be waitin......
    Westchester County PD- Taken - 90
    Onondaga County PD - Taken - 90
    Broome County Sheriff - Taken - 90, canvased, passed PAT, background packet submitted!!!
    Rockland County PD - Taken - 90

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid......." - Han Solo, Star Wars

"Just becuase its not illegal doesnt mean that its a good idea" - Random

Comment

• Originally posted by Goose9454 View Post
      hey everyone,

I was filling out the app and working on the KSA essays, was just wondering how much everyone wrote for them and if you used extra pages...

thanks all
      I didn't use any additional pages on my KSA's. At first I was writing too much, than later condensed them down. I was told that they don't want to read a novel. I think a couple of paragraphs will work just fine. There are tons of sites that give their opinion on this subject. Google KSA and you will get some additional help.

Good luck to you!!

Comment

• I wouldnt worry too much about the KSA's... they didnt even refer to mine at all or have any comments. They rolled through my process. I applied 7/7/07. by december 07 I had passed everything and was waiting for a training date which I received and am leaving in March. I think being 21 and living at the same address my entire life helped move along the process I had no real background. I saw you were going UD.

If you have any questions about the hiring process dont hesitate to PM me..

Comment

• Originally posted by cdub View Post
          I wouldnt worry too much about the KSA's... they didnt even refer to mine at all or have any comments. They rolled through my process. I applied 7/7/07. by december 07 I had passed everything and was waiting for a training date which I received and am leaving in March. I think being 21 and living at the same address my entire life helped move along the process I had no real background. I saw you were going UD.

If you have any questions about the hiring process dont hesitate to PM me..
          Good Job man!! there are so many of us that are jealous of you. but congrats. maybe it was cause you applied on a lucky day 777 I will be PM ing you pretty soon when I get more into the process.

I was sent a letter wanting additional material and taking the package down to them. you have this experience too? anyways, good luck to all!!

Comment

• I talked to the agent in charge of the field office I am applying through this week. I asked about my polygraph results and he told me they had been sent from DC to South Carolina to the polygraph school for a second opinion. He did not if this was good or bad, he just knew this is where my application was. I just wanted to know if this has happened to anyone else, or if anybody has heard of this.

Comment

• Ohiodet., My understanding is that all polygraphs have to be reviewed by another polygrapher and the main office.

As a side, has anyone heard any response from the January 17 hiring panel? Just interested to know if anyone got an offer and what locations were offered.

Comment

• Poly

I took my physical back in sept, and then was told I was being shelved untill January because the USSS wanted me to be closer to grad before moving forward w/ the process any further.

It's now almost Feb and word from my local FO is that my file has been reactivated, but it's now up to the DC office as to when I will be scheduled for the poly.

My fear is that i'm buried somewhere back East under a stack of papers. It's very frustrating for me because I had been moving so fast before. Any advice out there for me?

Comment

• question for you guys...do any of you know how long you have to wait before re-applying for the SA position if you didnt make it through the first time? i originally applied last January (2007) but didnt make it past the panel interview...i would like to give it another shot before my TEA scores expire but i forget if the waiting period to re-apply is 1 or 2 years? any help is appreciated, thanks...

Comment

• I was told at my home interview that it was one year. I think they measure it from the time of your last contact with them (i.e. panel interview in March of 2007, reapply in March 2008).

Comment

• ah ok thats what i thought..well march 07 actually was when i had my panel so i guess ill contact my local office in march this year...thanks!

Comment

• Poly

I took my physical back in sept, and then was told I was being shelved untill January because the USSS wanted me to be closer to grad before moving forward w/ the process any further.

It's now almost Feb and word from my local FO is that my file has been reactivated, but it's now up to the DC office as to when I will be scheduled for the poly.

My fear is that i'm buried somewhere back East under a stack of papers. It's very frustrating for me because I had been moving so fast before. Any advice out there for me?
                        Well I got to the bottom of the mystery, still in the running

Comment

• Hello everyone,

Wanted to thank everyone on this board, all the info is invaluable. Just got started with the SSSA process.

1/26 -TEA and initial interv.
                          2/04 - Notice Passed TEA
                          Last edited by Tachibana; 02-04-2008, 09:51 PM.
                          Standing by to stand by

Comment

• Got the phone call January 18th. I was told that everyone was offered the same field offices (NY, SF, LA). Good luck to everyone. The process goes quicker then you think.

Comment

• I have my panel interview at the end of the month. Is there a writing exercise that you have to do? Any info on the panel interview would be greatly appreciated.
                              -Thanks

September 25: Turned in Application
                              October 15: Initial interview (Passed)
                              December 20: TEA (Passed)
                              February 27: Panel Interview (End of month)
                              Last edited by mcall80; 02-05-2008, 09:19 PM.

Comment

• Yes, there is a writing exercise. It may or may not be on the same date as your panel interview -- mine wasn't. But, they will explain the details of your assignment when you get there. There's nothing you can do to prepare for it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9881 users online. 456 members and 9425 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X