Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I believe my SI is being conducted. And credit/student loans was brought up . How do I resolve this later ?

Comment

• NYC1175
      NYC1175 commented
      Editing a comment
      The security interview or the background investigation? You will know if the S.I. is being conducted because it requires you to sit in a room with an agent and go over the E-Qip. Federal student loans are not an issue as long as you are not delinquent and are paying them off. They check your debts and liabilities through the credit reporting bureaus and look through your finances. What are you trying to resolve?

• Had my polygraph today. I failed. Apparently I've mishandled classified information although I've never had access to it. I've never had a security clearance.

How bad is this? Will I be allowed to retest or proceed?

Comment

• griffinlocke
      griffinlocke commented
      Editing a comment
      Ughhh you guys are scaring me about the poly now!

• acctman
      acctman commented
      Editing a comment
      @griffenlocke I've had polys before, this was definitely different than the rest.

• griffinlocke
      griffinlocke commented
      Editing a comment
      acctman
      same, thats why I am getting disconcerted.

• big_bob_69
      big_bob_69 commented
      Editing a comment
      You really don't know you've failed until you get the BQA email.

• Duplicate message
    Last edited by acctman; 04-14-2021, 03:02 PM. Reason: Duplicate

Comment

• This question was asked a while ago, and got few responses. What is the average turnaround time to hear back on whether or not you passed SUPER? From what I read, the turnaround time is pretty short, however, I did the interview more than a week ago, and have not heard anything back.

Comment

• Eliteforce
        Eliteforce commented
        Editing a comment
        Some get the notice same day, next day, and the longest I’ve seen is a month out.

• acctman
        acctman commented
        Editing a comment
        I got it same day

• Long time lurker, thought I’d throw in my timeline for reference. When I got my COE they said they had hoped to have me onboarded in 2-3 months but the adjudicative review put that to a screeching halt. Still stuck in adjudicative review (and yes, I’m a veteran). About a year ago I combed through this whole thread marking timelines and I think three people who were in adjudicative review eventually got out, but it’s hard not to feel like they’re hoping you’ll give up and take yourself out of the process, especially since I’m 40 now.

Aug 2019 – Applied, referred, SAEE passed
      Sept 2019 –SUPER/SI/COE
      Oct 2019 – Medical Appointment, 1st and 2nd polygraph
      Nov 2019 – Drug test, adjudicative review notification
      July 2020 – Congressional inquiry initiated
      Oct 2020 – Congressional inquiry response: “application active and in the final phases of the adjudication process.”

Not a peep since then.

Comment

• big_bob_69
        big_bob_69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Have you considered writing/calling your congressman and seeing if they can help?

• ABS2005
        ABS2005 commented
        Editing a comment
        The congressional inquiry went through my local congressman. His office was great to work with -- first they called the USSS and made sure the inquiry wouldn't negatively reflect on my application before even giving them my name, and then they made their inquiry. I've considered trying to go through my senator but it kind of seems like they're giving them the same generic answers I've been getting.

• Zmatty
        Zmatty commented
        Editing a comment
        Wowww that sounds more like a CBP timeline than USSS...
        Funny I just got an email from CBP to schedule my pre-employment medical screening (which I think means my BI finished)

I applied 2019 Sep

I was really hoping USSS would be a much faster timeline

• Hopingfor1811
        Hopingfor1811 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea i plan on doing a congressional inquiry as well. Not a peep since my poly sept. 2020.

• Originally posted by ABS2005 View Post
      Long time lurker, thought I’d throw in my timeline for reference. When I got my COE they said they had hoped to have me onboarded in 2-3 months but the adjudicative review put that to a screeching halt. Still stuck in adjudicative review (and yes, I’m a veteran). About a year ago I combed through this whole thread marking timelines and I think three people who were in adjudicative review eventually got out, but it’s hard not to feel like they’re hoping you’ll give up and take yourself out of the process, especially since I’m 40 now.

Aug 2019 – Applied, referred, SAEE passed
      Sept 2019 –SUPER/SI/COE
      Oct 2019 – Medical Appointment, 1st and 2nd polygraph
      Nov 2019 – Drug test, adjudicative review notification
      July 2020 – Congressional inquiry initiated
      Oct 2020 – Congressional inquiry response: “application active and in the final phases of the adjudication process.”

Not a peep since then.
      Have you reached out to anyone?

Comment

• Yak
        Yak commented
        Editing a comment
        What are these Congressional inquiries about? Except for a few days ago when someone mentioned one, it's the first I've heard about them. And why do they seem to only be towards vets?

• ABS2005
        ABS2005 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yak, did you mean what are these adjudicative reviews about? Those do seem to happen to vets (though I've seen vets post that do not get adjudicative reviewed).

• Yak
        Yak commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm guessing the adjudicated review and Congressional inquiry ABS2005 mentioned are the same thing, so yes. What are they? Why is congress involved?

• ABS2005
        ABS2005 commented
        Editing a comment
        So I initiated a congressional inquiry to find out about what's going on with my adjudicative review. I was hoping that getting a congressman to ask instead of me might shake things loose, but they didn't give him much information.

The rumor mill is that adjudicative review requires some sort of congressional approval, but I think I've never heard anything definitive and my congressman didn't seem to know anything about that. It seems like really no one knows what the adjudicative review process is, what causes it, or how it ends, except that it has for a few people, but I'm guessing after a few years most people just get different jobs and pull their application.

• Had my home visit today. Pretty straightforward. The ASAC and investigator both came by and went through what seemed like a standard script of topics they wanted to ensure my wife and I (mostly my wife) knew about the job. We'll see what happens. Timeline below for reference if interested:

10/24/20 – Applied
      11/03/20 – Referred
      11/15/20 – SAEE Passed
      12/13/20 – SUPER/SI/COE
      01/04/21 – Medical Appointment
      02/16/21 – Medical Follow Up
      02/24/21 – Polygraph
      04/08/21 – BI started
      04/13/21 – Fingerprints
      04/15/21 – Home Interview

Comment

• HappyWithMyLife
        HappyWithMyLife commented
        Editing a comment
        Anything put out there by the agents for your wife that not really in job description?

• Ceann
        Ceann commented
        Editing a comment
        No there were no surprises.

• Yak
        Yak commented
        Editing a comment
        Applied the same time, except I'm still only on SI....
        Good luck, hope you get the call you're looking for.

• Hey guys,

so after what felt like the longest 3 months of my life after lasik I finally reapplied.

I noticed that when I go through the SS website and applied which takes me to usajobs the posting number is SA-ORB02-21-NCN while if you just go through usajobs it’s SA-JS002-21. Now I am slightly concerned I didn’t fill
      out the right application? Anyone know or do they have different jobs numbers based on where you went to apply?

thanks.

Comment

• NYC1175
        NYC1175 commented
        Editing a comment
        Both announcements are for the same job (Special Agent). You can apply to either one or both. It will lead you to the same place.

Edit: It seems that the one which comes directly from the USSS site is the one that starts with "SA."
        Last edited by NYC1175; 04-15-2021, 02:33 PM.

• Femalehopeful
        Femalehopeful commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you NYC1175. That makes me feel better.

• So wondering if I can get some info on this. So the beginning of this year I applied for GS 7 and 9. I got in the process for 7 but never heard anything about the GS 9 position. Then this morning I got the calSo I got called this morning saying I got offered the job but then this morning I got the call saying congrats I got the position but then not even 30 minutes later I received an email saying I am no longer considered for this position . I’m not sure if it’s for the GS7 position that I got accepted for or the position GS 9. And I’m just confused now how it changed in less than 30 minutes. Does anyone know any info on this

Comment

• Kmart
        Kmart commented
        Editing a comment
        When they called with the offer they should have specified if it was for GS 7 or GS 9. When is your FLETC start date?

• MID2Agent
        MID2Agent commented
        Editing a comment
        You will get an offer letter stating exactly what GS level they are offering you.

• Just wondering if anyone can give me some advice. I'm a female applicant with a military background, I have a bachelors degree, no criminal history or drug use, in great shape, single, and no kids so I feel confident that I will go through this process easily. However, I do have a scheduled surgery coming up. Nothing is wrong with me its an elective surgery for my girls lol but Im thinking maybe I should cancel it? I don't necessarily want to do that but I'm not sure how long this process will take. And from what my surgeon says I will be cleared and able to start working out again about 4-6 weeks after surgery. I passed my UDEE and SUPER interview last month (March 2021) and am now on the next steps. And before anyone says why in the world would you schedule a surgery during the hiring process please understand I didn't know things would move this quickly and I had this surgery scheduled with my down payment before I even applied for this position. So, what do you all think, should I cancel my surgery or get it because I probably wont get adjudicated for a while anyway? Thanks, and please don't be so hard on me, I'm new to the federal hiring process.

Comment

• ASecretSquirrel
        ASecretSquirrel commented
        Editing a comment
        I think you should do the surgery. It sounds like it takes vets a long time to be adjudicated so you’ll probably have to wait anyway. Also, I’ve learned to never put life on hold for these position!

• JohnnyDodger
        JohnnyDodger commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, I’d go through with it having known enough women to get the surgery and seen their recovery time. You’ll be fine and since you’re going to be in the adjudicative review with the rest of us vets, looks like you’ll have plenty of time lol!

• Hello, did anyone got the call yet, i received a call last week but i have a couple questions if anyone can help

Comment

• Fedfun
        Fedfun commented
        Editing a comment
        Ask me if i can help. Got the call 10 years ago lol

• Stay Frosty
        Stay Frosty commented
        Editing a comment
        Last edited by Stay Frosty; 04-20-2021, 02:17 PM.

• Well background was started Friday. This week the agents have been interviewing my coworkers and previous employers. The agent told one of my coworkers he was hoping to have my at home interview on Friday. So if that’s the case I’ll only be waiting for medical and I’m ready to go. This has been an incredibly fast process and I hope it doesn’t slow down!

Comment

• Originally posted by jkufen View Post
        Well background was started Friday. This week the agents have been interviewing my coworkers and previous employers. The agent told one of my coworkers he was hoping to have my at home interview on Friday. So if that’s the case I’ll only be waiting for medical and I’m ready to go. This has been an incredibly fast process and I hope it doesn’t slow down!
        At Home Interview scheduled for Saturday

Drug test I’m gonna do tomorrow morning

now I’m just waiting on an appointment to see the nurse for medical.

Comment

• So, hows everyone's process going?
          Lets hear some updates!

I've got my blood tomorrow and medical next week, so nothing too exciting ;/

Comment

• soon2b1811
            soon2b1811 commented
            Editing a comment
            Zmatty I went in with a suit and was told it wasn’t needed by the medical staff there. Better safe than sorry I guess

• Zmatty
            Zmatty commented
            Editing a comment
            soon2b1811 yeah that seems to be the general consensus. I’ll have it in the car if they send me back lol
            Last edited by Zmatty; 04-21-2021, 11:54 AM.

• ASecretSquirrel
            ASecretSquirrel commented
            Editing a comment
            Depends where it is. I’d always caution to be better safe than sorry. If you feel silly in a suit getting your medical done then you’re with the wrong agency haha.

Mine is at our federal compound in my city. The email told me business attire is required.

• Eliteforce
            Eliteforce commented
            Editing a comment
            Mine was at the FOH which is in the federal courthouse where I live. I wore a suit, but the nurse informed me that she was trying to contact me prior to coming in to let me know that I did not need to wear a suit. She said USSS always has people coming in wearing suits, but she usually contacts them prior to let them know that is not needed and most end up coming in wearing jeans/slacks and a button up/or PT attire.

• Just curious does anyone know the actual base salary for
          GS-9? The job posting has GS-7 with a base salary of $49,500 so I assume as a 9 you’ll make a little more than that. Just punching numbers trying to get an idea of pay with LEAP and COL. A simple google search shows 9 at $46,XXX which maybe the ad is wrong but just curious if anyone knew.

Comment

• MontanaMoose
            MontanaMoose commented
            Editing a comment
            The actual pay will depend largely on the city with the locality pay rates. You can find them on the OPM website with individual pay scale rates and locality adjustments. For example if you live in San Fran you’re going to get close to a 40% adjustment because cost of living is so high.

I got hired as a GS-07 and after the locality and LEAP adjustment my salary is approx $68k if that helps

• Fedfun
            Fedfun commented
            Editing a comment
            Its all different go to opm website and look up leo for that area and you will have an idea

• jkufen
            jkufen commented
            Editing a comment
            No I get COL and LEAP make it different. More looking for the actual base pay. So is it likely the job description doesn’t have the accurate pay? Just go off OPM site?

• Fedfun
            Fedfun commented
            Editing a comment
            When you get your final offer it will break it down. But yes go off opm. The posting is a blanket that covers a lot, but your toes always stick out...ie its not perfect. Usually (usually) each gs grade is about 22k increase 7 to 9 to 11, 12 is 11, 13. Im leaving as a 13 step 5 in dc...made 190k last year with no travel...

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3573 users online. 236 members and 3337 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X