Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, guess I missed the e-QIP cut off date.
    Apparently my 'rejection e-mail' was sent on March 1st, but I know damn well I check both inbox and junk just about every day for this email.

Now my e-QIP has been terminated and I gotta see if they're kind enough to re-activate it. How silly.

Comment

• Zmatty
      Zmatty commented
      Editing a comment
      Nachoqueso are you kidding me?! I mean...there is no way I missed this email. That’s so unfortunate. I’m not about to wait a few months just to re-apply. Is there a # y’all use to actually get things done?

• Nachoqueso
      Nachoqueso commented
      Editing a comment
      PM me, I’ll see if I can find the number I called.

• ASecretSquirrel
      ASecretSquirrel commented
      Editing a comment
      Wait...because THEY didn’t send it to you it is your fault and you get bumped back again? Ridiculous.

• Zmatty
      Zmatty commented
      Editing a comment
      ASecretSquirrel yep. Luckily I think they realized they had messed up because I got a response on Sunday saying to stand by and today giving me access back.

Nachoqueso luckily I did not need to call and complain but I do appreciate you giving me the resources of necessary

• Well guys, it was a good run for me. Made it to the very end but just got the dreaded BQA email.

Here is my timeline:

Applied -October 2019
    SAEE -January 2020
    SUPER -February 2020
    Eqip- March 2020-timed out Covid
    Re-applied- October 2020
    SUPER- October 2020
    Eqip- October 2020
    SI- November 2020
    Medical- December 2020
    Polygraph 1- January 2021
    Polygraph 2- February 2021
    Background- March 2021
    Drug test- March 2021
    Home interview- March 2021
    BQA- 3/19/21

Good luck everyone!

Comment

• griffinlocke
      griffinlocke commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, that is something else. I don't understand why they run you through the gauntlet with everything then hit you with that at the very end. Really sorry to hear that, keep your head up.

• Nachoqueso
      Nachoqueso commented
      Editing a comment
      I don’t know if I will ever know for sure, but the likely reason is that I have had hypertension since I started high school.

• hktrip8
      hktrip8 commented
      Editing a comment
      I hate to hear that. It has happened to me too though with a different agency. All the way to the end to get a BQA, but I now go to FLETC next month, so don’t give up. Because one said no doesn’t mean they all will, just keep trying if you really want a job like this.

• porkchop23
      porkchop23 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nachoqueso Sounds like you said something crazy in your home interview! What the heck?

• Had my polygraph recently, and got an e-mail two days later asking for any updates on my background. Looks like I'm on to the last leg. We shall see how it goes. Fingers crossed.

Comment

• Does everyone who goes onto take SAEE receive the "best qualified" email? Or are there different classifications that still allow you to take SAEE?

I ask this because almost everyone posting on this forum says they received "best qualified" emai. Is there a less qualified email that goes out? Or are you just precluded from taking SAEE if you are not "best qualified"?

Essentially, is being "best qualified" a prerequisite for taking SAEE?

Comment

• NYC1175
        NYC1175 commented
        Editing a comment
        Not sure if the process has changed, but previous announcements didn't have all these qualification and experience questions and anyone who was invited to test received the email which said "You are among the best qualified applicants." I believe it was just general language in the email and not a ranking system. With the new announcement and all these experience ranking questions, I don't know if this is still the case.

• Hi guys. I see how some are posting their timeline and for background most say background started then a call with a date after. Do you meet with your background investigator or how does that go. Or you just meet for SI. Thanks in advance

Comment

• Nachoqueso
        Nachoqueso commented
        Editing a comment
        I met mine when I went in for fingerprints, then again for the home interview. Both scheduled by phone, directly by the Background Investigator. Different office/agent did my SI, based on when it was scheduled.

• Trooppp
        Trooppp commented
        Editing a comment
        Nachoqueso thank you appreciate the input

• Has anyone else filled out the SF86 and supplemental forms and felt like a criminal? As far as criminality goes, I have three speeding tickets, the last one in 2009 or 2010, and tried steroids twice years ago. That's the extent of my criminal action. But with how in-depth and the ancillary things they want claimed, I'm questioning if I'll even make it past the security interview. Those that have done the security interview, how is it? Do they actually understand most aren't perfect but want to see honesty and that the issues aren't continual, corrected and compare that to what you have to offer the agency? Or since they have such a large pool of applicants to choose from do they tend to select those who have next to no negative marks such as past collections debts and drug use even if it was 10 years ago? Veteran, current federal employee, BA in Arabic language and culture, also fluent in French, MS in legal studies with concentration in homeland security, but I'm really questioning how far I'll get after filling those out and knowing how particular the USSS is. Guess we'll see.

Comment

• NYC1175
        NYC1175 commented
        Editing a comment
        Security interview will go over the E-Qip, supplemental forms, foreign contacts sheet, then they will go through a laundry list of yes/no questions related to criminal record, allegiance to the United States, national security issues, financial history, etc. I've led a pretty boring life and have a clean record, but the first thing they said is "We understand everyone has a past. All we need today is honesty, if you're honest, we can work through things." They want honest people, not perfect people.

• Yak
        Yak commented
        Editing a comment
        Ah. There's nothing really serious, but what I feel is like quite a few minor issues, then again maybe it's not that many and about normal.

• Background investigation started today. They said they want the BI done in a week. Then HI.

Comment

• superagent
        superagent commented
        Editing a comment
        This is exciting! You're almost there.

• Did my eye test and my eyes together are right at 20/100 lol. One eye is 20/200 and the other is 20/80. Hopefully they still see fit to pass me through.

Comment

• Zmatty
        Zmatty commented
        Editing a comment
        I forget the standards. I remember we talked about it before. What’s it say on the web again?

Do you think you can consider lasik for improvement?

• ASecretSquirrel
        Editing a comment
        It is 20/100 binocular so I should get through!

• Zmatty
        Zmatty commented
        Editing a comment
        ASecretSquirrel good! I guess then won’t send your e-QIP to you unless your vision is good to go So that’ll be the green light right there!

• What were you general times from H.I. to final offer?

Comment

• Sb2475
        Sb2475 commented
        Editing a comment
        I was not. I’m assuming it will be pretty quick but who knows.

• Nachoqueso
        Nachoqueso commented
        Editing a comment
        I’ve seen 1-3 months lately on here. Think it depends on FLETC.

• Got a peculiar question for you folks here...Just recently got word our unit will be getting a new sgt. in the near future here. I had SI last week where I had all my current and former supervisors listed for my BI. Granted I get cleared after my SI for the poly and other things to come, how long until they start contacting them? I just would like to know if it might be a while to the point where I should notify them of the personnel change or if it will be somewhat soon where I won't have contact them. Just don't want to be changing things unless absolutely necessary so I do not appear disorganized/deceitful to them.

Comment

• NYC1175
        NYC1175 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'd call your AC or whoever did your S.I. and just let them know what the situation is in general. Your unit changing leadership is not something you can control but what you can control is disclosing any changes which affect your application. As far as when they'll start checking references, this will happen at some point after passing the poly.

• Zmatty
        Zmatty commented
        Editing a comment
        from my experience with other BI & Poly
        During the Poly they will give you a chance to update your e-QIP
        about a week after the updated e-QIP....and immediately after meeting your BI, they'll contact them.

so you should be fine, you have option to update right before their search begins!

• griffinlocke
        griffinlocke commented
        Editing a comment
        NYC & Zmatty- Thanks. I figured it would probably be after poly. Hopefully I get some word back soon about the poly. If not, I will make sure to contact my field office.
        Last edited by griffinlocke; 03-22-2021, 09:04 PM.

• Holy sh*t I got the eQip form less than 2 hours after I sent in my eye exam and other info.

Comment

• Eliteforce
        Eliteforce commented
        Editing a comment
        They move fast lol. I got my COE and ran and got an eye exam that same day and sent it in that evening. I had the eQip the following morning.

• Forester87
        Forester87 commented
        Editing a comment
        USSS is moving fast! I applied in December and have already completed the SAEE, SUPER, SI, two medical appointments and polygraph.

• ASecretSquirrel
        Editing a comment
        Just so long as I don’t get everything completed and hired before my wedding in the summer I’m okay. Pretty sure my fiancée would kill me lol.

• Anthropologist
        Anthropologist commented
        Editing a comment
        ASecretSquirrel, I can just imagine that conversation...

"Sorry Dear, you know that whole wedding thing? Well now you see, that is actually going to be held via WebEx or Zoom from a federal government facility outside of Brunswick, GA. That's all good, right?"
        Last edited by Anthropologist; 03-23-2021, 04:13 PM.

• I will be at FLETC in GA for a different agency when i am supposed to do my super. Does anyone know if i would be able to do it there or if i have to wait till after i graduate?

Comment

• Well I passed the SAEE today. I understand the SUPER is next. How long generally before they will reach out to schedule it? What can I expect during it?

Comment

• Chandler_Bing17
        Chandler_Bing17 commented
        Editing a comment
        Mine is about a month after passing the SAEE. It’s tomorrow morning.

• NYC1175
        NYC1175 commented
        Editing a comment
        They'll talk you about the job, then have a short interview. All situational questions, pretty standard Fed LE interview. Answer in the STAR method and you'll be fine.

• Yak
        Yak commented
        Editing a comment
        Depends. Mine seems to be on the long side. I applied in Oct and am finally doing the SUPER at the end of the month. It'll be almost 3 months between SAEE and SUPER. I noticed some had to do an eye exam then they got their eQip, mine was given a few days ago along with the eye exam document and a notation stating I didn't even have to have it done prior to the SUPER at the end of month, just write the date of the exam on the sheet. Hopefully yours isn't as slow as mine has been.
        Last edited by Yak; 03-23-2021, 07:31 PM.

• I am filling out the supplemental forms for eQIP and I am super confused about form SSF 4336 titled Citizenship of Relatives and Associates. It appears this question only applies to close and continuing foreign contacts who are not US citizens, is that right? Would I put my fiancee’s step sister who is currently living abroad and her boyfriend?

Comment

• Fedfun
        Fedfun commented
        Editing a comment
        When in doubt. List them. And your worrying about giving the usss ssn? Thats silly. You want a job where you stand next to the president and willing to lay down your life for them. Dont over think ssn....like we dont already have them.

• NYC1175
        NYC1175 commented
        Editing a comment
        I had the issue with the ssn and some people I knew who were flat out unwilling to give it. I explained this to the agent doing my S.I. and they were understanding of the situation.

Edit to add: I provided ssn for immediate family and maybe two of my close foreign-born friends. The people I don't regularly communicate with though were unwilling to provide them.
        Last edited by NYC1175; 03-24-2021, 10:16 AM.

• Badger99
        Badger99 commented
        Editing a comment
        NYC1175 How far out of extended family does USSS want SSNs for?

Ya I know a lot of people that aren't willing to hand out their SSNs. To be fair to them it's sorta hammered into us from the beginning to protect PII like that as much as possible. And outside my immediate family I probably would do the same.

• NYC1175
        NYC1175 commented
        Editing a comment
        Badger99 I can only speak to my experience and mine alone. My foreign born contacts consisted of:

Non-immediate family members as well as my parents.

Friends I served in the military with and from college/civilian life who were foreign born.

When the USSS gave me the foreign contacts sheet, it was assumed early on that they need full SSNs for everyone I listed. My immediate family and parents gave me their SSNs, a couple friends did as well, but the rest of them would not budge. I explained this during the S.I. and the agent doing it said it was no issue and to get as much info as I can from them.

• I applied DEC'19, completed my poly early September, have not heard a peep from them since then. I call the support number and email both the FO recruiting email and SA support. No updates. Just my application is still active or in Adjudication. I am a vet and have TS/sci already with the DoD. At this time I am at a lost. Should I do a congressional inquiry?

Comment

• Yak
        Yak commented
        Editing a comment
        Looking at timelines, most seem to be relatively close to each other. But there are outliers like myself, I applied beginning of Oct and just got my SUPER scheduled for the 27th, five months for just the SAEE and SUPER, almost three just between the SAEE and SUPER. I've just taken it as no news is good news. But yours seems to be a bit more extreme than mine. Do you have a recruiters number? If not, PM and I'll give you one I've been in contact with, he may be able to tell you something or direct you in the right direction. He's a vet, great guy.
        Last edited by Yak; 03-24-2021, 12:45 PM.

• ABS2005
        ABS2005 commented
        Editing a comment
        I was put in adjudication Nov 2019. Last October I did a congressional inquiry and the response was that I was "in the final stages of the adjudication process." Didn't really feel like it did anything, but YMMV. Haven't heard a peep since then.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4599 users online. 257 members and 4342 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X