Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure if anyone knows the answer to this, but I'm pursuing both UD and SA for the USSS. I'm hearing you can only go after one and have to withdraw from the other. Basically, you can't get final offers for both. Anyone know if this is the case?

Comment

• Fedfun
      Fedfun commented
      Editing a comment
      Eventually yes...

• Stay Frosty
      Stay Frosty commented
      Editing a comment
      Last edited by Stay Frosty; 03-14-2021, 09:30 PM.

• Guys I am beyond thrilled I went online yesterday the waiting period for lasik has changed from 3 months to 2. Reapplying tomorrow. Hoping for the best. I am really struggling with the physical stuff. I lost 100 pounds but my arms are just not at the place they need to be for push-ups and chin ups. Looking at getting a personal trainer. Anyone have any tips or live in the nashville area and want to work out together?

Comment

• Zmatty
      Zmatty commented
      Editing a comment
      In my honest opinion, push-ups and chin-ups are exercises that require muscle memory. Thats why people who max out on these aren't necessarily the most ripped individuals, but rather people who consecutively train that exercise.
      for pull ups i would recommend practice holding your self up for an extended period of time (jump up, to the pull up position, and hold)
      then gradually move to pull ups, and increase quanitity.

For push-ups i would focus more on form, the more days you do push-ups, the easier they will become I promise

• Yak
      Yak commented
      Editing a comment
      You need to build overall strength. Just doing chin ups and push ups will help, but it's not the optimal way to grow muscle and increase your numbers. All meat heads can attest to this. You don't just use your chest in push ups and back/bis on chin ups, you use your biceps, triceps and shoulders as well. Do bicep workouts, tricep workouts, chest workouts, back work outs, shoulder work outs ect. You need to build overall strength. I never really focus on them nor ever have, I do chin ups and push ups in between sets of my work outs and have been doing 20+ chin ups at once since I was a teenager (32 now) and in the Marines and 50+ push ups at once. I've never solely focused just on those exercises nor would I recommend it. You're hindering your growth if you do that. You need to build all the muscles that assist in those exercises. I second what NYC1175 said, pyramid workouts are good. And it is possible, I've taken many people when I was in the military from doing under 10 pull ups to doing over 20 in just a couple of months. The trick was doing what I said, don't just do chin ups or push ups, add them into your workout regimen. Think of runners, they don't just run long distance and sprinters don't just run sprints. We're all adults here, so you can do what you want, but service in two military branches and someone who's been a meat head for 15 years, I'm telling you, if you focus on overall strength and incorporate chin ups and push ups into your workout, you'll thank yourself later.
      Last edited by Yak; 03-15-2021, 10:52 AM.

• Zmatty
      Zmatty commented
      Editing a comment
      Yak I was simply giving advice for those who have a fitness test quickly approaching...not for someone who has years to train.
      The process is said to be max 6 months after all...

The advice was a quick fix, not a lifestyle recommendation.

• Yak
      Yak commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not knocking anyone's advice. Just adding to it with my experience. I think everyone's advice is good so far, but I firmly believe if you just focus on the PFT's exercises you're selling yourself short. Think of the 1.5 mile. No one recommends just doing 1.5 mile, you should double that at least and incorporate sprint days into your running regime. Same principal applies to the other exercises. There's more effective and efficient means to gain greater gains in shorter periods of time, especially if you get lucky with a quick moving application process.
      Last edited by Yak; 03-15-2021, 04:30 PM.

• Does anyone know if the USSS Academy still has a swimming portion, if so what does it entail?

Comment

• Zmatty
      Zmatty commented
      Editing a comment
      Fedfun damn, sounds just like flight training lol. I'm pumped now

• Fedfun
      Fedfun commented
      Editing a comment
      You will see. Cant spoil all the fun

• my93rx7tt
      my93rx7tt commented
      Editing a comment
      Did the helo dunker in flight school. First time I strapped in, got prepared for the dunk and right before the last guy strapped in, I started to think about being dunked upside down and strapped in. Freaked me out. Noped the hell out of there. Got out and waited for the next dunk. After seeing it, didn't seem as bad. Had to do 2 day sim dunks and then 2 night (blindfolded) dunks. Wasn't so bad after first one.

• Sb2475
      Sb2475 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep did the helo dunker in the military as well. Fun times lol

• Just completed medical. Not even 3 months into the process from application to current.

Comment

• Zmatty
      Zmatty commented
      Editing a comment
      How long was the turn around from your eQip to medical paperwork/scheduling?

• Well y’all, you were right. I received my COA today. On to my eye examination!

Comment

• Zmatty
      Zmatty commented
      Editing a comment
      ayyy good luck. Eat them carrots!

• Eliteforce
      Eliteforce commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats bro.

Last edited by Eliteforce; 03-16-2021, 12:00 AM.

Comment

• Anyone else in the Seattle field office area?

Comment

• Question for a friend who recently failed the SAEE (but doesn't have an account here): Does the 6 month waiting period to re-test mean they have to wait 6 months to submit a new application, or does it mean they can reapply maybe a week before the 6 months and they can test at or after the 6 month mark?

Comment

• Yak
          Yak commented
          Editing a comment
          I asked this question to the recruiter who I applied through, not just for the SAEE but failing other parts. He didn't have an answer really. He said he's seen people have to wait then he's seen people immediately apply and start the process all over again.

• NYC1175
          NYC1175 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yak makes sense. I think for things like the SAEE though, that 6 months is sort of a hard and fast rule. I'm guessing applying any earlier would result in instant BQA.

• Hello all, new poster here. I recently signed up for the SAEE. I took the practice test and did fairly well. I was wondering if there's any other practice tests online that I can use.

Comment

• NYC1175
          NYC1175 commented
          Editing a comment
          I only used the practice test on their site and I passed. The actual test mirrors the practice test pretty well. If you want additional preparation and you're willing to pay money, look up a site called Job Test Prep. I used them for the FBI Phase I and I passed the FBI test as well. However, for the USSS, the official practice test they have should be sufficient.

• Zmatty
          Zmatty commented
          Editing a comment
          I wrote a long post a while back on the SAEE.
          May be worth a read, or not ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Some SAT prep logic/reasoning tests are out there, it should be sufficient.

• 2CK2021
          2CK2021 commented
          Editing a comment
          Go to jobtestprep.com it is kind of expensive but holy crap it has so many practice tests and is nearly identical to what you will see. I thought the test was going to be harder but that website had me prepared.

• Today marks three weeks since my poly with no word. Called the SA Support line and she just said I'm still an active applicant and that it says I am waiting for SMD. Anyone else take their poly around 24 Feb and hear anything?

Comment

• 23PINE32
          23PINE32 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi! Do you mind sharing the SA Support Line?

• Ceann
          Ceann commented
          Editing a comment
          Sure thing. Talent and Employee Acquisition Management Division at (202) 406-5271 or [email protected]

• Hopingfor1811
          Hopingfor1811 commented
          Editing a comment
          I took my poly back in September, 2020 i call/email about every 3 weeks, still no updates. Only thing the support personnel said "my app is active but in Adjudication " what ever that means....

• Ceann
          Ceann commented
          Editing a comment
          Hopingfor1811, Great. Well I guess we’ll see what happens. Did you have to do a med follow up? Sketch poly? Anything you can think of for the delay?

• Hello all, I’ve been reading this forum for a while and this is my first time posting, thought I could share my timeline with you all to help show how the speed of the process/timelines can vary widely.

Jan 2020- Applied
        Feb 2020- best qualified email
        mar 2020- SAEE/ scheduled for SUPER (postponed indefinitely due to covid)
        Sep 2020- SUPER/ COE received
        Oct. 2020- security interview, drug test
        Nov. 2020- Polygraph, home interview
        Dec. 2020- medical exam
        Feb. 2021- The call

I was offered five choices of location; three on the west coast, one Midwest, and one east coast. FLETC start date of April. I understand how difficult the waiting game can be, don’t be discouraged. My best advice would be to live your life and let the process play out in the background.

Comment

• MontanaMoose
          MontanaMoose commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, I had to have my medical rescheduled so it was completed after the HI and the last step in the process for me. Although it was originally scheduled for the day before the home interview.

• griffinlocke
          griffinlocke commented
          Editing a comment
          I can probably guess the four east/west coast options they gave you, but if you don't mind me asking, what was the midwest location offered?

• 2CK2021
          2CK2021 commented
          Editing a comment
          Any advice for the POLY? I have a clean uneventful life but all this waiting is messing with my head haha I'm starting to think of minor things I've done and convincing myself they're terrible.

• DuhNewGuy
          DuhNewGuy commented
          Editing a comment
          The best advice for the poly is to not research anything. Tell the truth. This information is the best. Follow what their email says. It may seem like I am trying to blow you off, but I am trying to help you. Just tell the truth. If you have nothing to hide..... then you should not worry. Dress professionally and of course at all times act like a professional. Good luck. Don't change anything about your daily life. Do it all the same.... except, get good sleep and eat breakfast.

• Had my SI this morning. It was not fun to say the least!

Comment

• Anthropologist
          Anthropologist commented
          Editing a comment
          That's actually a bit surprising. It's normally the polygraph that goes poorly for people. I suppose that it all depends on the individual conducting the SI and on the specifics of your application or circumstances.

• griffinlocke
          griffinlocke commented
          Editing a comment
          Your supposition is correct my friend lol.

• For those interested. On the FLETC forum it was posted that anyone who is fully vaccinated will be able to leave campus. Up until now it has been locked down. Just google FLETC forum to locate thread.

Comment

• In case anyone is interested in timelines, mine is below. It started FLYING as soon as I passed the poly. I mean almost every day talking to the SA to try and coordinate something (more docs, verifying info, fingerprints etc.). The SA told me that I should be prepared to go to fletc in May if I get offered the job. Seems like they are trying to get people going quickly. Also for those of you that failed the SAEE, just try again! I failed the first time and then did so much better the second, well felt a lot better since we don't know scores but I went through it very quickly.

11/17 Applied 12/2 best qualified email
          12/16 passed SAEE
          ~crickets~
          1/13 e-QIP
          1/15 ELAC (rescheduled because of insurrectionist, I'm in DC)
          1/29 ELAC with SI
          1/29 CO
          3/10 Poly
          3/14 background started
          3/19 fingerprints
          3/20 drug test
          3/22 medical
          3/24 home visit

Comment

• Sb2475
            Sb2475 commented
            Editing a comment
            Awesome to hear! How was the HI? Anything to prepare for?

• superagent
            superagent commented
            Editing a comment
            Interesting how each office do the process differently. I did my fingerprints and picture during my SI. Good luck!

• Finally got the invite to take the SAEE today. I applied on 1 Feb... Testing next Tuesday. I had to call HR to see if they lost my application. Very pleasant to work with over the phone and got me all fixed up. Not sure why it took so long but glad to be moving on.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4797 users online. 260 members and 4537 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X