Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, they’ll be moving to the background investigation likely within the next 2-3 weeks based on different colleagues I’ve known gl through the process.

Comment

• NoliKenpo
      NoliKenpo commented
      Editing a comment
      You were right. I got a call from the agent that will be completing the BI.

• For the vets who have ratings for joints and back, how scrutinized was your medical evaluation on those issues? Did they seem to not really care as long as you seemed fit, healthy and past the physical fitness test?

Comment

• Taco_loco
      Taco_loco commented
      Editing a comment
      You will need a personal doctors note saying that you are fit for training.

• ¿Any applicants from Puerto Rico?

Comment

• How long are we looking at from conditional offer to a possible FLETC date for SA positions? Received a final offer for different position within USSS in around 7 months. Thanks for any info.

Comment

• Bigbluebear44
        Bigbluebear44 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'd say around 4-6 months. If and when you receive a final offer, FLETC could begin a month or so later.

• Does anyone know if you work at a field office after graduating FLETC but before starting JJRTC? There's about a month in between.

Comment

• Fedfun
        Fedfun commented
        Editing a comment
        There are online courses. Paperwork to fill out. Bigger offices have gyms. Its boring but could be worse.

• big_bob_69
        big_bob_69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Border Patrol guys who got hired right as COVID started ended up EODing “virtually” and then just sat on their butts waiting for a FLETC date. Last I read, some of them don’t have FLETC dates until Jan/March of next year.

It’s weird, but for agencies who need bodies badly (USSS and BP need them the most), I guess it makes sense.

• 2september
        2september commented
        Editing a comment
        Fedfun You mentioned you start doing paperwork/online courses prior to FLETC and it's usually one pay period prior to your ship date. Do you get paid during this period? Also could you explain the pay while at FLETC and JJRTC? During my HI the SAC said I essentially wouldn't be paid at either (they said it comes out to a couple dollars a week) is this accurate?

• Fedfun
        Fedfun commented
        Editing a comment
        You will get your salary from day 1. Think even leap too. U only get a few bucks a day for per diem at fletc. This goes up to dc rates for jjrtc. Not sure what the Saic was referring to unless they meant per diem.

• Are USSS Special Agents issued take home vehicles ("G Rides")?

Comment

• Fedfun
        Fedfun commented
        Editing a comment
        Your odds are good. To get this far is a huge accomplishment. Around 1 percent of people that apply ever get hired. I dont work in the recruiting section so i cannot or wouldnt give numbers even if i could. Be confident that the call will come one day. Dont be over confident though i have seen people fail home interviews...no joke.
        This agency used to and i assumes still does a good job during the process of not blowing smoke. It is a rough job and you are next to the world leaders with a gun and responsible for their safety. Things may come up in backgrounds that take awhile to clear if ever. Its not fair but its what we got. I need to add a signature that says these are just my opinions and not the agencies. Try your best wear a suit have your wife be there ask questions. Offer a water...we wont take it but it's nice. Use manners...i had a candidate that i interviewed with my boss, so if im calling him sir....so should you. U got it...

• NYC1175
        NYC1175 commented
        Editing a comment
        Fedfun, is it an issue if I do the Home Interview at home where my parents are? Ever since the pandemic I decided to move back home and out of the city I lived in (coronavirus epicenter). Will this reflect negatively on me?

• Fedfun
        Fedfun commented
        Editing a comment
        You live where you live. Not like you can get a new place just for the HI. We are all people in different situations dont stress that but let your parents know it's happening. Dad in a robe might be weird.

• NoliKenpo
        NoliKenpo commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, Fedfun. You have helped ease some of the nervousness.

Hoping for the best and not letting my guard down.

• Long time reader, first time poster. Keep your heads up, the process is long I applied almost a year ago, but got my call a couple of weeks ago.
      Last edited by FreqFlyer10; 11-24-2020, 12:55 PM.

Comment

• NoliKenpo
        NoliKenpo commented
        Editing a comment
        Congratulations!

What cities where you offered?

• FreqFlyer10
        FreqFlyer10 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you NoliKenpo I am not going to post them as I've seen people try to erase their posting history after that. So that might be frowned upon?

• Here’s a good tip: call ahead and make sure the location your drug tested is scheduled at actually does DOT drug tests.

Comment

• Anyone know if there happens to be a government shutdown on December 11th does that halt an upcoming scheduled polygraph?

Comment

• How long after passing the security interview should I expect to hear from a polygraph? I completed an ELAC event and was given a piece of paper stating to expect to hear from a local office to schedule the polygraph but it didn’t say when.

Comment

• big_bob_69
            big_bob_69 commented
            Editing a comment
            It depends. Some FOs move quickly and others do not.

• Originally posted by hktrip8 View Post
          How long after passing the security interview should I expect to hear from a polygraph? I completed an ELAC event and was given a piece of paper stating to expect to hear from a local office to schedule the polygraph but it didn’t say when.
          Not long, expect the call to show as "PRIVATE NUMBER" on your screen.

Congrats!

Comment

• Appdin
            Appdin commented
            Editing a comment
            Or "Restricted"

• So I had my security interview exactly 3 weeks ago and still waiting to get my polygraph scheduled. I’ve seen some people on here say they received a call to schedule and I’ve seen some say they got an email to schedule. Anybody know what determines which method they choose? And if they call from a private number and my spam call blocker auto blocks the number, would they leave a voicemail or just try again later.

Comment

• FreqFlyer10
            FreqFlyer10 commented
            Editing a comment
            Scheduling for me was done via email but then I got a call from the SA to reschedule it, call came from a 202 number though. No idea what determines how they contact you. Anytime I missed a call during the background or something, they left voicemails and I made sure to call back ASAP.

• Tex_rangr
            Tex_rangr commented
            Editing a comment
            Ahh got it, appreciate the response. The waiting game is mind numbing and having me overthink as to why I haven’t heard back yet. Patience is a virtue.

• My poly was scheduled via email.

Comment

• I was told during the home interview that it is only a matter of “when” to receive The Call. The Supervisory SA and tue SA said that I would definitely receive the call.

Will a missing exam from the medical examination delay the call?

I have been to the doctor (third party) twice to get the TB test and they ended up screwing everything up. They did the blood test rather than the SKIN TB test. I have to go on Friday to a nurse directly with the government to have the test HOPEFULLY administered correctly.

Comment

• NYC1175
              NYC1175 commented
              Editing a comment
              Was this just for your specific situation or general? Because I've heard of people getting through the H.I. then getting the BQA shortly after

• NoliKenpo
              NoliKenpo commented
              Editing a comment
              I believe it is just my case. They told me that they completed my BI (except for the home interview) and that they did not find issues. The SA said he will be recommending me.

They compared me to another applicant that will not pass because they developed that he lied on the SF86. He will have a home interview because it’s actually a part of the BI. The SA told me to not worry and to work on passing the fitness test with flying colors.

My concern pertains specifically to having one component of the medical examination missing, namely the TB test.

• If you get to the HI...your odds are very very very good. Not saying something doesnt happen and you never get hired but we do a pretty good job weeding people out before that point. A lot of time and effort has been spent to get you there so why waste it. Has it happened yes...will it happen again yes. Things come up...you could mess up your HI. The agents could see something they dont like and your done. Understand this job is like none out there. You may be the most qualified candidate on the planet but can i sit next you in a car for 12 hrs and not lose my mind? Can you be counted on to make a life or death decision with no lead time? Will you be a help or a hindrance?
            just my .1 take it or leave it

Comment

• NoliKenpo
              NoliKenpo commented
              Editing a comment
              That’s good to know. The interview was pretty laid back and informative. They told me I would receive the call shortly after the report of investigation is sent to HQ (was supposed to be sent today). I was given the information for moving companies and tips on buying or moving my cars. One of the agents offered to have his wife talk to mine to see what it’s like to be married to an agent from a spouse’s perspective.

Overall, they got us exited about the job.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6015 users online. 306 members and 5709 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Today.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X