Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biden travels a ton. He did as Vp see it as Potus as well. He can ask for protection for any family member/s he chooses. Vp as well as she has 2 adult step children who can have protection as well. Ppd and Vpd are the numbers they are as mandated by congress and management. So more demand yes more agents no. Congrats on the calls folks and welcome to the grinder.

Comment

• Anybody still waiting to take the polygraph? I had my security interview about 4 weeks ago.

For folks that have already taken the poly, do y'all get a call from hq or local field office? Or an email? Thanks

Comment

• big_bob_69
        big_bob_69 commented
        Editing a comment
        I think I waited about two weeks after the SI to schedule the poly. The poly was scheduled nearly two months later (haven’t taken it yet).

Edit: I received an email to schedule it.
        Last edited by big_bob_69; 11-13-2020, 10:27 AM.

• Eagle36
        Eagle36 commented
        Editing a comment
        I received a call from HQ I think and got a follow up email.

• Question in regards to medical as I’m waiting for it to be scheduled. I usually fail the Color Vision cards they seem to always use. For Border Patrol, I was given the option to take the Farnsworth colorvision tests out of pocket (basically a more in depth color vision test) and the Dr signed off on my paperwork and i cleared Medical with BP. If I do fail the Color Vision Cards with USSS will I be given this option?

Comment

• Taco_loco
        Taco_loco commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes. Farnsworth D15 is accepted too. You just have to find a doctor that offers it.

• If anyone has done an ELAC recently can you message me, I have a question about the paperwork to bring.

Comment

• Hktrip8, message me your question.
        cheers

Comment

• Passed my SAEE on 11/13. Waiting to schedule my SUPER. Any details on what it’s like and what to expect?

also, do we do a PT if we move forward before any academy?

Comment

• Appdin
            Appdin commented
            Editing a comment
            No PT test in the hiring process.

• I did the SAEE in summer of 2018 and also interviewed, but put the process on hold. I just reapplied and assume I have to start over with a new interview and everything. How long should I expect to wait to hear about that being scheduled? It's been under review for a little over a week now?

Comment

• big_bob_69
            big_bob_69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Anywhere from a couple of weeks to a month or two. There’s not really a standard time frame right now since COVID is still screwing thinks up.

• So got the call for my SUPER the Monday after my exam to come in on Tuesday, but it was for another state that I lived in when I initially sent my application in. Looks like they are having to transfer my application to my local FO. Not sure when I will hear back.

i was told the process would be faster if I was moving through the initial field office, but since I’m not and the one close to my residence is much larger, it’ll be slower.

Comment

• Hello!

Long time lurker but first-time posting. This forum has been extremely helpful as I go through the process!

I have the polygraph in a few weeks and was curious as to about how long it takes? I had my medical done recently, so only a few more steps! Not getting my hopes up too much, of course.

Thank you!

Comment

• 2september
              2september commented
              Editing a comment
              Took me 4 hours

Edit: definitely bring snacks and water

• NoliKenpo
              NoliKenpo commented
              Editing a comment
              It took me 6 hours.

• NYC1175
              NYC1175 commented
              Editing a comment
              Without getting into too much detail, is the Poly length dependent on how much stuff you've done in the past in terms of travel, deployments, general experiences, etc?

• FederalGoals12
              FederalGoals12 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you so much to everyone who responded! I really appreciate it. big_bob_69, best of luck Hoping for 3 as well! hktrip8, I will definitely let you know how long mine is. Few more weeks!

• For any Secret Service agents out there, is it still mandatory to move to Washington DC after a few years at your first location?

Comment

• Fedfun
              Fedfun commented
              Editing a comment
              All paths currently lead to dc. Will it change probably. Do people still get work around sure. If you take this job DC is in your future.

• phins^
              phins^ commented
              Editing a comment
              Yea this is why I withdrew from the process before Poly. I have a young family with little kids and I want to be around the family.

• big_bob_69
              big_bob_69 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, but it can take anywhere from 4-8 years (or possibly longer) to make it there. My agents said it varies depending on a lot of factors.

On the plus side, this is probably one of the few non-executive fedgov jobs where you won’t have much issue affording to live in DC.

• Fedfun
              Fedfun commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes you will make plenty of Ot. Drive times unless you are single can be rough but most here work "off" hours to avoid traffic etc. Its really not bad.

• Whats up guys,

I've been lurking here for a few months now since initially applying for the SA position and thought I would post my timeline. Seems like everyone appreciates it.

6/14/2020- Applied
            7/24/2020- Best qualified applicant email
            7/27/2020- Passed SAEE
            9/24/2020- SUPER Interview
            9/29/2020- Received e-QIP invite/ uploaded e-QIP
            11/10/2020- Security Interview

Just waiting on them to contact me to schedule the Poly and Medical. From what i've seen here looks like the wait time from the SI to scheduling the Poly is anywhere between a week to a month. The saying "hurry up and wait" defiantly applies here.

Comment

• Poly scheduled for...February...oof lol

Applied- July 2020
              Referred- 08 Sep 2020
              SAEE -14 Sep 2020
              SUPER- 21 Sep 2020
              Eqip/Eye Exam and Documents submitted -
              02 Oct 2020
              Security Interview- 19Oct 2020
              Polygraph Scheduled- 03 Feb 2021

Comment

• big_bob_69
                big_bob_69 commented
                Editing a comment
                Holy crap lol. The poly dates seem to be the most delayed thing right now.

• Does anyone happen to know the next class date? I've seen December, but not sure if that's true. I was on pace for it until I got hit with more medical documentation. Trying to gauge when the next class may be if most people on here are getting poly's in FEB.

Comment

• Eagle36
                Eagle36 commented
                Editing a comment
                I can confirm a class in December, that’s when I start.

• Anyone with an active TS/SCI was your background process expedited? I know you still have to take a poly but was wondering if BG would be quicker?

Comment

• NoliKenpo
                NoliKenpo commented
                Editing a comment
                No. According to the Secret Service website’s FAQs:

“Regardless of the clearance level of the applicant, the Secret Service will complete its own full background investigation prior to the appointment of all applicants.”

• Guys, I did my poly on Monday. Today I was asked if there have been updates in my SF86 since the security interview.

Does this mean they started my background investigation?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6697 users online. 372 members and 6325 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X