Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had my virtual interview this week. Haven't heard anything back yet! I've seen some get their COE 1-7 days after so I'm trying not to get nervous yet..

Comment

• JamoStu
      JamoStu commented
      Editing a comment
      A week or two is normal but also remember the election is ramped up currently with numerous Protectees traveling all over the next week so things may slow down.

• I took my SAEE on the 23rd. Got notification from SS that I passed and an office would contact me for an interview. I haven’t heard anything. What’s the typical time before they reach out for an interview after SAEE?

Comment

• JamoStu
      JamoStu commented
      Editing a comment
      Depending on your location, your local Field Offices could be tasked out to help with PD for POTUS, VP, Candidates, or Family members as they travel around for campaign purposes. Hopefully next week we get an answer and everything calms down and the hiring process can get back to normal.

• Anyone know what’s the wait time from HI to the call? And since COVID is still lurking around, are they brining you on and having you report to a FO near your home or holding off until they send you to FLETC?

Comment

• big_bob_69
      big_bob_69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Seems like it’s been a couple of weeks in the past. It’ll probably depend on how insane the election gets.

Someone recently made it through the HI and still got the BQA email. So don’t get your hopes up too much, for your sanity’s sake.

• Eagle36
      Eagle36 commented
      Editing a comment
      big_bob_69 thx, yeah anything can happen. I was just curious if anyone had a timeframe and what's been happening during COVID.

• Does anyone know who to contact to change one of your preferred locations on your application?

Comment

• Originally posted by Eagle36 View Post
      Anyone know what’s the wait time from HI to the call? And since COVID is still lurking around, are they brining you on and having you report to a FO near your home or holding off until they send you to FLETC?
      Does anyone have an answer to this? Are they bringing new hires on to the field offices first or are they waiting on FLETC classes to make the hiring decisions?

Comment

• That’s a great question about reporting to your FO before FLETC.

i just took the UDEE as I’m not sure if my lack of a degree will hinder me from a final offer for SA and it seems I have to do another SUPER now lol. I hope I don’t have redo everything.

Comment

• 2september
          2september commented
          Editing a comment
          You don’t have to do anything again. Just another super and ee. I started off as UD and went SA and everything transferred

• JamoStu
          JamoStu commented
          Editing a comment
          That’s good to know. My FO is small in Albany, GA so my UD SUPER will most likely be conducted by the same dudes lol. Hoping to hear back about Poly soon. I did my Security Interview in the 19th lol. I know I am being impatient.

• Anyone with prior military make it through? I see so many get put in adjudicative review?

Has anyone got the call since August? It seems like it’s a stop and go.

Comment

• Taco_loco
          Taco_loco commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes...I know a few.

• Originally posted by Onethemove View Post
        Anyone with prior military make it through? I see so many get put in adjudicative review?

Has anyone got the call since August? It seems like it’s a stop and go.
        How does one end up in "adjudicative" review? I'm not a Vet, just curious.

Comment

• big_bob_69
          big_bob_69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Bad luck. I only know what I've read from others on here, but it looks like it's almost never a good thing.

• Got scheduled for an in person interview, was a little surprised based on what I have been reading.

Comment

• hktrip8
          hktrip8 commented
          Editing a comment
          When did you complete the SAEE? I did mine on October 23rd and was told a local office would reach out to schedule my SUPER but I still haven’t heard anything. Thought maybe they stopped because the election but it seems they are still scheduling stuff.

• So I’m currently waiting on Medical and Poly to be scheduled for the SA position. I completed my Security Interview Oct 19th so hopefully I hear something soon.
        i just finished the UDEE on Tuesday and my local Field Office scheduled my UD SUPER for this coming Thursday.
        My question is, I’ve heard the USSS doesn’t allow you to proceed in the hiring process for both applications and you must pick one career path. I don’t want to hinder my chances at SA position as that’s my preference, but I did want to have to UD in my back pocket if for some reason the final Hiring panel doesn’t think I meet the SA requirements since I haven’t completed my BS in Criminal Justice yet.

Does anyone have any information on this? I appreciate the help.

Comment

• hktrip8
          hktrip8 commented
          Editing a comment
          When did you complete the SAEE? I did mine on October 23rd and was told a local office would reach out to schedule my SUPER but I still haven’t heard anything. Thought maybe they stopped because the election but it seems they are still scheduling stuff.

• JamoStu
          JamoStu commented
          Editing a comment
          I did my SAEE the second week of September I believe and was contacted for SUPER the following day. My SUPER was the next week.

• Anyone know how long between SAEE and SUPER? Passed SAEE on October 23rd and received an email that a local office would reach out to schedule SUPER but haven’t got anything. Thought maybe the election was holding it up but it seems other people are still getting scheduled.

Comment

• big_bob_69
          big_bob_69 commented
          Editing a comment
          I waited 7 months. Normal wait is a few weeks. But it looks like it's still taking about 1.5-2 months for people right now.

• JamoStu
          JamoStu commented
          Editing a comment
          It also depends on what the FO in you area has going on I think.

• txhorns2124
          txhorns2124 commented
          Editing a comment
          Usually varies on your field office, I passed the SAEE and was contacted for an interview within a week; It all varies. Seen people wait up to 5 months.

• Just got an email with an invite to an ELAC that is in 10 days. Anyone have any experience with an ELAC or know much about it?

Comment

• Taco_loco
          Taco_loco commented
          Editing a comment
          All day event. You do a job interview and a security interview. Bring snacks.

• hktrip8
          hktrip8 commented
          Editing a comment
          Where does that leave me afterwards if everything goes well? I know the security interview covers the EQIP and the email said the have an eye exam prior to coming. So would I be right at a polygraph?

• At the end of the ELAC, you will get a print out page which will tell you to expect a call withing 2 weeks to schedule polygraph. Or you might get a boot......... don't forget to bring all the paperwork including signature pages from Equip application.

Comment

• I've seen two people on the Fed Soup board recently receive final offers. Just some positive news for those of us still waiting.

Comment

• Eagle36
            Eagle36 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep, just got the call myself!

• big_bob_69
            big_bob_69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Awesome, congrats! Mind sharing your timeline?

• Eagle36
            Eagle36 commented
            Editing a comment
            @ big_bob_69 Thx!! My SA timeline:
            Applied: May 18
            BQA: June 8
            SAEE: June 10
            ELAC: Aug 8
            SI: Aug 15
            Med: Sept 2
            Drug: Sept 18
            Poly: Sept 23
            HI: Oct 29
            Call: Nov 12

• Speculation and non political question: How do you think the new administration will affect demand for Secret Service Agents? I feel like the demand to 1811s in this agency will always be there. Thoughts?

Comment

• 2september
            2september commented
            Editing a comment
            Demand will always be there since from what I hear job satisfaction is on the lower end of different federal agencies. That being said the new administration should put less strain on current and future agents since his family is a lot smaller. I believe only the President, First Lady and any children under 16 keep their protection unless congress approves further protection? (This is after presidency)

• big_bob_69
            big_bob_69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Every president wants protection. Can’t see it ever being an issue. Congress seems more than happy to write the USSS whatever size check they need to make it happen.

• NYC1175
            NYC1175 commented
            Editing a comment
            I figured this was the case

• Sheridan1
            Sheridan1 commented
            Editing a comment
            With every new president they have to hire more because that's an entire new family to be on protection detail.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4757 users online. 322 members and 4435 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X