Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know how long you have to wait to reapply if you get DQ'd by something besides the polygraph? Hasn't happened yet, but I'm trying to figure out what sort of wait time I'd have if it does happen.

Comment

• PA_Ed
      PA_Ed commented
      Editing a comment
      I took a polygraph in Dec of 2017, came back inconclusive and was told I was permanently precluded from ever working at the USSS.

• the1i11tething
      the1i11tething commented
      Editing a comment
      re PA_Ed: even it was inconclusive? that's really harsh

• mike2010
      mike2010 commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe PA_Ed's answers weren't favored by the USSS. Aside from the inconclusiveness.

• PA_Ed
      PA_Ed commented
      Editing a comment
      Let me rephrase, at the time of the polygraph I was told that my results would be submitted to HQ/quality control for review and I would hear in a few weeks. A few weeks later I received a better qualified email, just 2 or 3 sentences long. A few months later I wanted to revisit the hiring process so I reached out to the agents who handled my hiring and they told me since I did not pass the poly I am precluded from ever working there. Pretty crushing reality....

• Whats up yall. havent posted here in a few weeks due to frustration but i feel obliged to update yall since ive been helped out here a few times.

i took the poly in early September and i failed all 3 of the main questions he asked me (drugs, serious crime, lying on any point of application). no, i didnt lie. during my SI they were even getting frustrated with me because i was “overthinking” and oversharing. i have also failed a state police agencys poly for drugs, property crime, and crime against people. i used to be a believer in the poly but it literally ruined my future LE career before it even started. im a current criminal justice masters student working a minimum wage job who was expecting to be hired and now i have no clue about anything and debating dropping out. hurts.

good luck to the rest of you. the polygraph is a ****ing joke but tell the truth. i couldnt imagine trying to lie and passing, cant even pass the damn thing being honest

Comment

• latitude98
      latitude98 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey did you consider military police work? It would be a way to do law enforcement and there may be some tuition reimbursement benefits. I don't see anything about having to do a polygraph.
      Last edited by latitude98; 10-07-2020, 08:21 AM.

• futureCPD19D
      futureCPD19D commented
      Editing a comment
      Every agency has their own Polygraph policy. Failing with USSS doesn’t disqualify you from other agencies. I’m with USBP and I seen plenty of people fail our Poly and pass the FBI or a local or state Poly after and get hired by them. You do have to say you have failed a Poly in the past but you will be judged on your performance in the poly you take with that agency.

• thebluejay
      thebluejay commented
      Editing a comment
      latitude98 i applied to be a civilian police for my State’s naval base. If i were to go military id try to be an officer in the air force since my undergrad major is CIS

• latitude98
      latitude98 commented
      Editing a comment
      thebluejay Aw got it, makes sense!

• It’s the end of the road for me in the hiring process. I had the poly and was told by the examiner he will schedule 2nd poly but the next day, I received an email stating there are better qualified applicants. I contacted them asking why I was disqualified but received no response. I am not letting this deter my career as a LE and continue on with other agencies. Good luck to everyone

Comment

• the1i11tething
      the1i11tething commented
      Editing a comment
      Keep your head up brother. Their loss.

• deleted --------
    Last edited by the1i11tething; 10-07-2020, 07:52 PM.

Comment

• Is anyone aware what other agencies are hiring ?

Comment

• Well, looks like a lot of people have been failing the polygraph lately.. I wonder if there's some sort of a trend. Maybe they have a register full of people? Maybe people aren't being honest? Maybe false readings because of masks?

Comment

• big_bob_69
        big_bob_69 commented
        Editing a comment
        My guess is that their applicant pool is full since FLETC is still apparently operating below normal capacity.

But banning people from applying for LIFE due to a failed poly seems like a pretty extreme way to handle the problem. So surely that’s not what they’re doing...

• Longhorn8847
        Longhorn8847 commented
        Editing a comment
        As far as my experience goes, I was honest 100% since I had nothing to hide and disclosed all potential issues in e-qip. My examiner found me satisfied in all answers and gave tentative pass but told me re do of poly might be possible due to 'movements.' The issue I encountered was the cold temperature of exam room. My body literally shivered throughout the exam because it was super cold. Maybe HQ wasn't satisfied. I can only speculate. My suggestion is, just do your best and do not feel devastated if rejected. I found out that it does no benefit for me.

• Taco_loco
        Taco_loco commented
        Editing a comment
        It takes more than 100 applicants for 1 agent hire and the service is looking to hire more. It’s not that they have enough, it’s that they can’t find those that can get through the entire process.

• I believe either people arent telling the truth or the service just doesnt like someones past history. I dont think its that the applicant pool is full.

Comment

• thebluejay
        thebluejay commented
        Editing a comment
        If they didnt like past history theyd be DQd after SI not poly

• Appdin
        Appdin commented
        Editing a comment
        You get reevaluated again after every process.

• mike2010
        mike2010 commented
        Editing a comment
        Good point, Appdin. Maybe that's why a lot of candidates get disqualified even after passing the poly

• I’m on Thyroid meds for an under active thyroid, y’all think it’ll get me denied ?

Comment

• futureCPD19D
        futureCPD19D commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m in the same situation. I will let you know how it goes. I just did my physical last week.

• Does anyone know if they will accept an old polygraph they completed in 2016? I was offered the job with them, but went another direction. Just wondering if they will take that done in 2016, DOJ poly in 2018, or a DOD poly done in 2019?

Comment

• underground
        underground commented
        Editing a comment
        Probably not honestly

• PA_Ed
        PA_Ed commented
        Editing a comment
        I have a friend with a current TS/SCI and they would not his accept his clearance/poly. I'd prepare to do another poly w/ the USSS

• I have my security interview next week. Do they just ask me questions about the stuff I submitted in the e-qip or do I need to do anything to prepare for the security interview?

Comment

• Taco_loco
        Taco_loco commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes but they will take notes on their own forms

• Stay Frosty
        Stay Frosty commented
        Editing a comment
        deleted...
        Last edited by Stay Frosty; 10-15-2020, 09:30 AM.

• Applied July 2020
      Referred 08 Sep 2020
      SAEE 14 Sep 2020
      SUPER 21 Sep 2020
      Eqip/Eye Exam and Documents submitted 02 Oct 2020
      Security Interview 14 Oct 2020

So far the process has been pretty quick for Albany GA Field Office. I’m currently active duty Army but definitely looking forward to each coming Task. I understand it’s very competitive so one task at a time. Good luck to everyone.

Comment

• melvinkanagy
        melvinkanagy commented
        Editing a comment
        I just passed the SAEE last week, 08 Oct 2020. I'm hoping to hear something about the SUPER soon. Good luck in the process!

• KaKnight2010
        KaKnight2010 commented
        Editing a comment
        What’s October 2nd your deadline to turn all of that in?

• FO just called and rescheduled my Security Interview to next week. Damn i was stoked for this week

Comment

• JamoStu
        JamoStu commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s exactly what happened. Protective detail came up for this week.

• big_bob_69
        big_bob_69 commented
        Editing a comment
        I imagine October in an election year is the busiest time possible for them. Suppose we should just be glad they're doing any hiring stuff at all during this time.
        Last edited by big_bob_69; 10-13-2020, 03:22 PM.

• JamoStu
        JamoStu commented
        Editing a comment
        Got email to “Expedite My application” and setup a virtual security interview.

• big_bob_69
        big_bob_69 commented
        Editing a comment
        I did my SI this week and the agent said they’re hoping to start moving through hiring stuff faster. But he also said the presidential candidates are traveling far more than they were expecting (given the COVID stuff) and that may slow things down a bit.

• Greetings!

Been in several process for 1811, so hopefully this one works!

Applied early September just got scheduled for SAEE on October 20th. Here to hoping this is the one!

Best of luck to everyone.

Comment

• Just got offer. Very quick process. 4 months total. Must be election year or something

Comment

• shortyg
          shortyg commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats on your offer and the quick turn-around! I have a quick question. Was the home interview done normally or was it virtual/cancelled because of covid?

• G-Cobra500-T
          G-Cobra500-T commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks all. Phone interview

• Appdin
          Appdin commented
          Editing a comment
          So you (Cobra) posted in the DEA thread and said you got an offer today too and that it took a year....something potentialy smells fishy here, you got 2 calls from 2 different agencies the same day?
          Last edited by Appdin; 10-15-2020, 06:46 AM.

• my93rx7tt
          my93rx7tt commented
          Editing a comment
          Was location negotiable or was it take it or leave it?

• Originally posted by G-Cobra500-T View Post
        Just got offer. Very quick process. 4 months total. Must be election year or something
        What locations were you offered?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5590 users online. 363 members and 5227 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X