Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long did it take you guys to hear back after initially applying ?

Comment

• mike2010
      mike2010 commented
      Editing a comment
      Depends on your FO and when you applied

• Received a call to schedule my SI! My timeline is below. Super excited to be moving along :-)

03/02/20 - Applied
    03/18/20 - Best qualified notification & authorization to test (canceled due to COVID)
    06/06/20 - SAEE - PASS
    08/11/20 - SUPER interview
    08/13/20 - COE! Submitted initial forms & eye exam results
    08/14/20 - eQIP received
    08/15/20 - eQIP & supplemental forms submitted
    09/30/20 - Security Interview
    Last edited by FederalDreams; 10-21-2020, 04:48 PM.

Comment

• big_bob_69
      big_bob_69 commented
      Editing a comment
      I think I submitted my e-QIP a few days after you and I’m still waiting for the SI. Maybe I’ll see some movement this week!

• FederalDreams
      FederalDreams commented
      Editing a comment
      Wishing you luck to see some movement asap!
      Last edited by FederalDreams; 10-21-2020, 04:48 PM.

• I think I submitted the eqip on 9/20. I didn't get a confirmation or anything and I haven't received any response. I tried logging into eqip again to see if it was actually submitted and I can't logon anymore. Is this normal? Did you receive any communication before now?

Comment

• FederalDreams
      FederalDreams commented
      Editing a comment
      No, I never received any sort of communication once I submitted my eQip. Once it is submitted you can no longer log in so take that as a sign of it successfully being transmitted. I had complete radio silence until this phone call so just hang in there until they reach out for scheduling.

• Thanks for confirming! Good luck!

Comment

• My updated timeline:

03/2020 - USAJOBS application submitted
      03/2020 - Best qualified applicant email received
      06/2020 - SAEE taken and passed
      07/2020 - SUPER conducted
      07/2020 - Conditional offer of employment email received
      08/2020 - Initial forms and eye exam completed and submitted.
      08/2020 - eQIP received, completed, and submitted
      08/2020 - Security interview conducted
      09/2020 - Medical exam completed
      09/2020 - Drug test completed
      09/2020 - Polygraph completed

Medical exam documentation has to be reviewed according to the physician who did the exam.
      Polygraph results have to be reviewed according to the examiner who did the exam.
      Last edited by latitude98; 09-29-2020, 07:26 PM.

Comment

• latitude98
        latitude98 commented
        Editing a comment
        Well the examiner said the result to one question was inconclusive. The examiner asked me if I would take another polygraph and I said I would. As explained to me by the examiner the results will be reviewed. Either I will move on, will have to take a second polygraph, or will be disqualified.

• mike2010
        mike2010 commented
        Editing a comment
        Best of luck to you! Keep us updated

• big_bob_69
        big_bob_69 commented
        Editing a comment
        From what I’ve read on here, if they don’t tell you that you failed on the spot then it’s usually a good sign. Fingers crossed for you!

• latitude98
        latitude98 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the encouragement! I will keep you updated on what happens.

• Does anybody have an idea of how often do they run a class now?

Comment

• Most recent USSS USAJOBS posting: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/577550800

Comment

• Stay Frosty
          Stay Frosty commented
          Editing a comment
          deleted...
          Last edited by Stay Frosty; 10-04-2020, 05:38 PM.

• OliveOyl
          OliveOyl commented
          Editing a comment
          Perhaps this info can be found by poking around the website and using search terms like "recent graduate" or "student opportunities"...?

• What are the pros and cons of SA vs UD ?

Comment

• Finally scheduled the security interview this morning. It was about a month and a half wait, which seems like what some others have experienced.

Comment

• Appdin
            Appdin commented
            Editing a comment
            Also got the call today to schedule my security after a month and a half wait.

• Hello everyone! I have a question about the equip invitation. After I submitted my eye exam (8/24) I have never received the equip invitation. I emailed them twice and said they were backed up due to Covid, did any of you experience this? It’s been over a month so I have pretty much lost all my hopes of moving forward at this point.

Comment

• big_bob_69
            big_bob_69 commented
            Editing a comment
            I think it depends on your FO. My buddy submitted his around the same time and got the eQIP invite pretty quickly.

• Hello all, I recently had a polygraph (1 week ago) and my poly examiner told me that I got a tentative pass. Worse case scenario, he told me that i might have to do 2nd poly, which I agreed to do if needed. I also received an invitiation for medical 2 days ago. However, I received an email from HQ that I am no longer considered for the position yesterday. I am super confused as to where thing went wrong. I reached out and confirmed being rejected today. No explanation, but poly is the only plausible cause. Bummer since this was my 1st ever poly.

I just wanted to wish you guys a good luck with the process! I am frustrated since I badly wanted this job. However, I am grateful that I have a stable job and not sick with COVID. Good luck everyone!
          Last edited by Longhorn8847; 10-02-2020, 10:59 AM.

Comment

• FederalDreams
            FederalDreams commented
            Editing a comment
            I am so sorry to hear that you were disqualified. I can only imagine how frustrating it is to not even receive an explanation as to why.

Your positive attitude is going to go a long way for you & I am sure you will land an 1811 gig elsewhere.
            Best of luck to you in your future endeavors!

• mike2010
            mike2010 commented
            Editing a comment
            Did you get the BQA "Better Qualified Applicants" letter? -Maybe your polygraph (honest) answers did not settle well with them or maybe something that happened? I recall us running the similar steps together(LASIK onwards), but we both had different orders later on... I wish you the best!

• Longhorn8847
            Longhorn8847 commented
            Editing a comment
            It am guessing it was "honest" answers. My examiner repeatedly drilled me about those answers.

I am disappointed but I am in running for other 1811s so we will see how I do with those poly. Good luck guys!

• Hi guys!

Is the medical exam pass/fail? Is it something they will email you letting you know your results? Genuinely curious as I just had mine today, think it went pretty damn well. Polygraph soon, let’s get this shmoney.

Comment

• mike2010
            mike2010 commented
            Editing a comment
            It is a pass/fail, more like if your body can withstand the job requirements. I wasn't told that I passed, but I wasn't told that I failed (which is presumably a good sign) you just move to the next process.

• mattband14
            mattband14 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you sir!

• So here’s my timeline
          04/07- Applied
          04/17- BQA / Testing on hold Email
          06/01- Authorization to Test Email
          09/26 - Tested & Pass
          09/30- Email from Field Office to Schedule Virtual SUPER Interview
          10/13- Scheduled Virtual SUPER.

I have never done a virtual interview so I’m actually kind of nervous. Any tips ?

Comment

• KaKnight2010
            KaKnight2010 commented
            Editing a comment
            Update pass the super and received the conditional offer email today!

• Halls and walls for 30% of 25 years can be mind-numbing. Finding something to keep your mind sharp hour after hour of standing post can be a challenge. Here's a little trick I used to do on protection details: Count the tiny specks of color on the wall paint in front of you and calculate how many little specks of color are on the entire wall.

For example, if there are 50 specks in the square inch, how many specks are on a wall 8' high by 100' long?

Well, let's do the math: One square foot = 144 square inches. 144 x 50 = 7,200 specks in a square foot.

A wall 100' long by 8' high = 800 square feet.

7,200 x 800 = 5,760,000 tiny specks of color on that wall.

Another inside hack- make sure you have the best life insurance policy possible for whenever you get 'volunteered':

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisond.../#28a6059a41ed
          What does not kill you will likely try again.

Comment

• I did my poly last few days and just received the DQ email.. is it possible to re apply in future ?

Comment

• mike2010
              mike2010 commented
              Editing a comment
              Seems like a lot of people have been failing the poly lately... Anything happened on the day of your poly? -Also, to my understanding, its a one-time shot... but I may be wrong

• latitude98
              latitude98 commented
              Editing a comment
              I would reach out to them to ask if you can reapply. I would also ask them if you can confirm why you received the BQA letter and see if there is an appeal process.

• the1i11tething
              the1i11tething commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, it is an one-off shot so I'll focus on applying with other agencies. Nothing happened on the day of my poly but they did drill me on one question which I had disclosed on my e-qip and with my SI. I was 100% honest though so I have no idea what went wrong.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4836 users online. 297 members and 4539 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X