Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone on this post give an approximate length the initial in person interview is?

Thanks!

Comment

• mike2010
      mike2010 commented
      Editing a comment
      That's an odd question.. it really depends on the questions being asked and your responses/answers to them. I would say anywhere from 15/20 mins to an hour

• shortyg
      shortyg commented
      Editing a comment
      When it was first scheduled I was told by the agent to expect it to be about 1-1.5 hours, and mine was almost the whole 1.5 hours.

• .............Deleted............
    Last edited by Kennywc; 09-09-2020, 06:32 PM.

Comment

• Applied in July and my application has been stuck at received since then. The application I applied to closed at the end of August. Is this normal? Or assuming my resume didn’t make the cut.

Comment

• Bentley32
        Bentley32 commented
        Editing a comment
        I applied early august, was referred, and took the saee. Not sure what that means for you unless they somehow skipped your application.

• Specz
        Specz commented
        Editing a comment
        I applied in early July, and my application has remained at "We are currently reviewing applications." I'm in the northeast region if it matters.

• Decided to throw my hat back in the ring after self withdrawing from the process last year. Looking forward to hopefully proceeding in the coming months!

Comment

• Got the call - 9 months start to finish.

Feel free to PM for questions along the way
        Last edited by underground; 09-12-2020, 11:29 AM.

Comment

• Appdin
          Appdin commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats, hopefully the offered some good locations for you

• Scheduled Poly - exactly 3 wks after security interview.

Comment

• Was anyone medical completed in two parts ? I am scheduled for my medical exam on 9/13 and my physical exam on 9/15. Can someone tell me the difference between both ?
          Last edited by Icandothis; 09-14-2020, 06:42 PM.

Comment

• bondman007
            bondman007 commented
            Editing a comment
            It wasn't for USSS, but for another agency I had all the tests ( hearing, vision, spirometry, labs EKG, etc) and paperwork on one visit and then the actual exam/sit-down with a Doctor on the other since the doctor wasn't in that FOH every single day.

• mike2010
            mike2010 commented
            Editing a comment
            My medical was on one day, I had to go back after 2 business days for them to check the results of one of the tests tho, but that was only for 2 mins.

• Icandothis
            Icandothis commented
            Editing a comment
            It also states I should wear business attire.

• I know someone who recently passed the SUPER. Then after they submitted their e-QUIP, they got a rejection email a few days later. I would have assumed that DQs would come later via poly or BI because that seems way too fast for anyone to have laid eyes on the e-QIP, let alone reviewed it thoroughly enough to DQ. Anyone have any perspective on what could have happened?

Comment

• mike2010
            mike2010 commented
            Editing a comment
            My assumption would be that something in their e-QIP didn't look right, thus disqualified. Drug usage/criminal activity are two of the many reasons why such thing would happen. The SF-86 gets reviewed, and sometimes there is no reason to invest time/money in an applicant when they're obviously going to get denied a clearance due to the above-mentioned reasons.

• mike2010
            mike2010 commented
            Editing a comment
            If you know them well you should ask them about it... maybe there's something.

• Sheridan1
            Sheridan1 commented
            Editing a comment
            People get dropped abruptly at every point in USSS process probably because they can only choose a certain amount of people after a certain point. People have been dropped right after passing the entrance exam or the SUPER.

• Can someone with a 4 years in LE, military background, and about 90 college credits apply? Not too familiar with the requirements for GS.

Also on USAJOBS, the CI position is hiring but as a temp assignment. How long is a temp position? And what's the point of applying as a temp SA?

...asking for a friend.
          Last edited by Kimchisquat; 09-16-2020, 03:19 PM.

Comment

• underground
            underground commented
            Editing a comment
            You'll need a bachelors at least to be an SA but you'd be able to put your name in the hat for a UD position. As far as the 'temp' assignment.. I think this has to do with being required to work for a set amount of time once accepted. USAjobs says "..will commit the applicant to a specified period of employment with the U.S. Secret Service upon the successful completion of training." Pure speculation though.

• Do we take the APAT during medical? Does anyone know the requirements for APAT?

Comment

• Taco_loco
            Taco_loco commented
            Editing a comment
            Nope. Once you’re hired you take it at orientation.

• 23PINE32
            23PINE32 commented
            Editing a comment
            Is that what they were discussing earlier? (Receiving a 7 with only one 0)

• big_bob_69
            big_bob_69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, that's correct. Make sure you show up in good shape so you don't have to go to fat camp at 5am.

Edit: you also certify that you're in shape at some point during the application process. I imagine if you show up to the SUPER clearly unable to meet the minimum requirements you agreed to, it may be grounds for getting disqualified.
            Last edited by big_bob_69; 09-17-2020, 01:59 PM.

• 23PINE32
            23PINE32 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you for the information! I should be good to go with all of those requirements!

• Has anyone recently completed a medical follow up? Trying to get an estimate on how long it takes to USSS MD to review the follow documents.

Just received an email to conduct a follow up on a minor pain I listed from the VA. However, I no longer have pain it was mainly documenting for future appointments.

Comment

• mike2010
            mike2010 commented
            Editing a comment
            Once I had my follow up, I submitted the documents and didn't hear back. I guess not hearing back is a good sign and means that everything went smoothly.

• 2september
            2september commented
            Editing a comment
            I haven't heard back in months. Called the hotline (which rings indefinitely), emailed them (no response), emailed my recruiter and he told me i'm still in medical hold.

• How long has it been taking people to get a super invite? I completed the saee 2 weeks ago, and I have seen people (before covid) getting their invite at about this time. Just wondering how backed up everything is. Thanks.

Comment

• Finally able to post... Here's my timeline, probably lost hope at this point.

Applied (UD) 10/19
          UDEE 11/19
          SUPER 12/19
          EQIP 1/20
          Security interview 1/20
          Applied (SA) 1/20 (decided to switch to SA and not UD)
          SAEE 2/20
          Polygraph 2/20
          SA SUPER 2/20
          Medical 3/20
          BI/Home visit 3/20
          Medical follow up 3/20
          Medical part 3... 7/20

Haven't heard back since. No one replies to anything on my current status.

edit: I'm a veteran. Reading back a few pages I'm probably in adjudication although I haven't been informed of that status yet.
          Last edited by 2september; 09-17-2020, 08:53 PM.

Comment

• big_bob_69
            big_bob_69 commented
            Editing a comment
            That stinks! I’d give it a few more months before thinking you’re in adjudication purgatory though. Everything completely stopped with zero communication from USSS and it definitely hasn’t 100% resumed yet. If you haven’t heard anything by the end of the year then I’d start to worry.

• XJ1940
            XJ1940 commented
            Editing a comment
            Veteran here as well; I was told to resubmit before the end of the FY, but given the thought of all us vets getting placed in some application purgatory isn’t fun. I tested last year and passed.

• latitude98
            latitude98 commented
            Editing a comment
            I just did the medical exam today. I would contact the doctor who did the exam to find out what happens to the exam documentation. They might be able to put you in contact with someone.

The other thing to try is to submit a freedom of information act request to the secret service to get information about your application.
            Last edited by latitude98; 09-22-2020, 08:44 PM.

• Hi everyone, finally able to post!

Looking for some advice on the polygraph; experiences (positive or negative), anything to look out for, how long they were there, etc. Been looking at some Doug Williams’ videos lol.

Does anyone have any insight on the medical exam? Is it just a check up with blood work? Do they do the drug test there as well? Is it an observed sample?

Appreciate everyone’s insight.
          Last edited by mattband14; 09-18-2020, 09:38 PM.

Comment

• big_bob_69
            big_bob_69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Wouldn't recommend preparing for the poly. It certainly won't help but it very well could hurt you.

• bondman007
            bondman007 commented
            Editing a comment
            ^ what that guy said. Stop researching the poly ASAP. Be sure to disclose what you've read/ watched to your examiner. All I can say is go in with an open mind and tell the whole 100% truth. Even if you were only researching for your own edification, I've read/heard stories of examiners viewing that as you trying to be deceitful and can become hostile / give them an excuse to try to fail you

Medical was pretty basic, an exam, EKG, hearing, vision, spirometry, drug test

• FNG41YR
            FNG41YR commented
            Editing a comment
            The poly is a gigantic crock of ****. It all comes down to your polygrapher

• I know the email say business attire for the Medical appointment but that doesn’t really make sense since it’s a physical exam. What has everyone been wearing to your exams?

Comment

• mike2010
            mike2010 commented
            Editing a comment
            I wore business casual. However, mine did not specify business attire. You may wanna wear a comfortable suit that you can easily take off since the doctor will be doing a full-body physical exam.

• futureCPD19D
            futureCPD19D commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, I think I will go business casual.

• mike2010
            mike2010 commented
            Editing a comment
            Just do as the email/letter says...if you do get a final offer, you'll have to wear a uniform/suit everyday.

• futureCPD19D
            futureCPD19D commented
            Editing a comment
            Tracking. I’m already a Fed in a different agency within DHS.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4186 users online. 246 members and 3940 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X