300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• message deleted
    Last edited by SouthernVbe; 09-04-2020, 09:28 AM.

Comment

• Anyone know the grooming standards for a new agent trainee? Specifically facial hair

Comment

• shortyg
        shortyg commented
        Editing a comment
        I’ve also been wondering about this. If anyone would kindly mention the female grooming standards, it would be much appreciated. Hair, nails, the usual.

• Taco_loco
        Taco_loco commented
        Editing a comment
        No facial hair during training. Female hair is fine as long as it’s tied up during physical training.

• Hey all, I’ve got my SI this week. Any way I should prepare?

Comment

• SFTB26
        SFTB26 commented
        Editing a comment
        Print out all your paperwork and bring it with you. Review everything you submitted and make sure every answer is currently correct. Just make sure to pay attention to every little detail and you will be good to go!

• shortyg
        shortyg commented
        Editing a comment
        you’re talking about the e-QIP?

• SFTB26
        SFTB26 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes e-QIP, and all the other Secret Service paperwork you submitted with it. I suggest separating it all with paper clips that way you can follow through with the agent while you review everything. Also make sure to highlight any mistakes that need to be corrected so you don’t forget.

• Hi all, just put in my application. Thanks to those who have given me tips/advice thus far. Looking forward to hearing and (hopefully) moving forward in this process with everyone!

Comment

• Completed medical today. Poly scheduled for next week.

Comment

• Anyone aware of the amount of overtime SAs usually get? Trying to determine if the salary pay is even worth it living in an expensive city.

Comment

• Bentley32
        Bentley32 commented
        Editing a comment
        No I completely agree. I just don't want to live in a sketchy place or in my car because that's the only thing I can afford.

• mike2010
        mike2010 commented
        Editing a comment
        Agents and UD officers get required overtime due to the staff shortage.

• underground
        underground commented
        Editing a comment
        This is covered in LEAP pay for agents while UD qualifies for overtime. Please correct if i am wrong.

• big_bob_69
        big_bob_69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Agents get overtime pay and LEAP. One of the few 1811 positions to regularly get overtime pay. Though I believe overtime is calculated on "base pay" without the LEAP (I'd be happy to be proven wrong on this).

I don't think you should go into the USSS looking to get rich (you're going to burn out unless it's something you truly want to do), but the SAs who maxed out their overtime in the last few years were some of the most highly compensated non-executive federal government employees (thanks to a special law that temporarily increases the overtime pay cap for USSS SAs).

As Mike said, this is due to staffing shortages. You shouldn't rely on the overtime because the extra pay could go away completely if they finally reach their hiring goals (or if you get put in a FO that's well staffed).

• Current LE Officers,

For an applicant looking to keep his USSS application quiet within his current LE agency: Do they just call your supervisor to ask about you as an employee during the background? Or do they show up at your office in person to review your file?

Comment

• mike2010
        mike2010 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have a clearance from another agency and they DID go in person.... it's a TS clearance from DHS of course they'll go in person whenever they can. (I'm sure Taco would agree)
        Last edited by mike2010; 09-02-2020, 05:28 AM.

• jberry811
        jberry811 commented
        Editing a comment
        In person to ask around about me with some supervisors and/or co-workers sounds good! When they go to review my personnel jacket, our HR lady is a gossip and that will likely spread around the dept. like wild fire.

• Taco_loco
        Taco_loco commented
        Editing a comment
        They talk to everyone you have worked with the past 7-10 years in person.

• jberry811
        jberry811 commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds good, thanks for the replies everyone!

• Got it, thanks!

Comment

• It has been 3+ weeks since my SA Super and still no COE. The next week I did the interview for UD and got the COE the next day.
        Just submitted my eye exam for UD. Do you guys think i'm getting ghosted for SA? If I do get the COE for SA can I use the same copy of the eye exam and just change UD to SA or should I go back to the eye doc to resign the same form with SA on it?

UPDATE: I am rejected
        Last edited by rocksmile55; 09-02-2020, 02:26 PM.

Comment

• Sheridan1
          Sheridan1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Rejected for only SA or both? I'm assuming the interviews were similar in nature?

• rocksmile55
          rocksmile55 commented
          Editing a comment
          Rejected only for SA, sucks because I really wanted SA. It says I can reapply FEB 2021

• big_bob_69
          big_bob_69 commented
          Editing a comment
          UD looks great. If you don't have anything holding you back (family/etc) I'd go for it and try for the SA job again in a year or two.

• mike2010
          mike2010 commented
          Editing a comment
          I've had a few people in my interview day go UD, get some experience and then switch to SA. Best of luck.. Stay positive!

• message deleted
        Last edited by SouthernVbe; 09-04-2020, 09:28 AM.

Comment

• My poly is scheduled for the end of the month then the background!

Comment

• Hi guys,

I applied in mid-July, passed SAFE/SUPER/SI within August. I am now waiting for my polygraph/medical to be scheduled this week. Do they send you to their doctors for medical or I will have to schedule it with my own Dr? Thank you.
            Last edited by the1i11tething; 09-02-2020, 06:21 PM.

Comment

• Quick question,

I am getting married next week, do I call my FO to let them know my marital status has changed?

Comment

• shortyg
              shortyg commented
              Editing a comment
              I believe so. Congrats!

• I saw on their website information on virtual interviews. Are they only holding virtual ones or in person as well depending on the location?

Comment

• Medical scheduled for later this month!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5510 users online. 326 members and 5184 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X