300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This message is deleted
    Last edited by big_bob_69; 08-23-2020, 12:24 PM.

Comment

• Was thinking about the PFT today and remembered this post from another user in this topic. Here's what he said about the scoring requirements for your PFTs (based on the scoring charts from the USSS website I assume):

"Youd be given a baseline test at orientation. At FLETC you need a 7 with only one 0. Once you make it to RTC, you'll be given an initial, midterm, and final. Initial you need 8 with only one zero, midterm 9 with only one 0, and to graduate RTC you need a 10 with no 0s"

If you're not preparing, I'd suggest you start. I think it was the same guy who said that you get put in 5 am remedial PT courses if you don't meet the baseline test at FLETC. It's fairly tough if you're under 30 (old people like me get easier standards).

Comment

• Taco_loco
      Taco_loco commented
      Editing a comment
      If you don’t score a 10 with no zeros, you go to fat camp during FLETC M-F @5 am. You are given opportunities to test out though.

• big_bob_69
      big_bob_69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice, haha. I wasn't sure what you had to do to get put into fat camp. So they really do expect you to show up ready to pass the test.

• newsgirl55
      newsgirl55 commented
      Editing a comment
      At my security interview this past weekend, I was told that you need a 7 at the start of RTC, but maybe that's changed.

• big_bob_69
      big_bob_69 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ve heard a bunch of different things. But I think Taco has the most recent experience so I’d go by what he says.

• Is the Washington Field Division starting back up SAEE testing? Haven't heard anything.

Comment

• Appdin
      Appdin commented
      Editing a comment
      Not SAEE but I do know of someone having a SUPER out of that office in the past week.

• message deleted
    Last edited by SouthernVbe; 09-04-2020, 09:28 AM.

Comment

• If anyone has recently completed the medical evaluation would you PM? I have a few questions regarding the process!

Comment

• Had my super a week ago, is it a bad sign I did not get a quick response?

Comment

• shortyg
          shortyg commented
          Editing a comment
          While some people get a quick response, 7-10 days is the norm. This is based on what I’ve read on this forum and what the agents who gave my SUPER told me to expect.
          Last edited by shortyg; 08-18-2020, 06:17 PM.

• Just reaching out for some clarity. I passed my SAEE on 7/27, and I haven't heard anything about scheduling a SUPER yet. I did see some were getting these scheduled fairly quick after their SAEE. Anyone else experiencing a wait?

Comment

• SouthernVbe
          SouthernVbe commented
          Editing a comment
          message deleted
          Last edited by SouthernVbe; 09-04-2020, 09:28 AM.

• Capp13
          Capp13 commented
          Editing a comment
          My closest FO would be Cleveland.

• big_bob_69
          big_bob_69 commented
          Editing a comment
          They might still be getting through all the SUPERs they had to do due to COVID shutdown. Nothing you can do but be patient. Some of us just waited 5+ months to get our SUPER, so it could definitely be worse.

• Just curious what everyones application says on usajobs? mine says “referred” - under review since 3/15

Comment

• big_bob_69
          big_bob_69 commented
          Editing a comment
          This message is deleted
          Last edited by big_bob_69; 08-23-2020, 12:24 PM.

• Just got an email for my medical exam which is scheduled for next week. I had my ELAC 2 weeks ago and still waiting to schedule my poly.

Comment

• Had my ELAC this past week. Did my SUPER and received a COE on Tuesday and had my security interview on Sunday. Was told that the poly would be next but it may take a while because of the UN summit next month and the upcoming election. I also finished my Master's and was told to email SA Support about updating my grade from GL7 to GL9.

Comment

• Hey all! LTL. Thought I would post my timeline in case it is helpful to anyone:

03/02/20 - Applied
            03/18/20 - Best qualified notification & authorization to test (canceled due to COVID)
            06/06/20 - SAEE - PASS
            08/03/20 - SUPER invite notification
            08/11/20 - SUPER interview
            08/13/20 - COE! Submitted initial forms & eye exam results
            08/14/20 - eQIP received
            08/15/20 - eQIP & supplemental forms submitted

Good luck to everyone in the process!

Comment

• newsgirl55
              newsgirl55 commented
              Editing a comment
              Our timelines are remarkably similar, I wonder if we're processing out of the same FO.

• latitude98
              latitude98 commented
              Editing a comment
              My updated timeline:

03/2020 - USAJOBS application submitted
              03/2020 - Best qualified applicant email received
              06/2020 - SAEE taken and passed
              07/2020 - SUPER conducted
              07/2020 - Conditional offer of employment email received
              08/2020 - Initial forms and eye exam completed and submitted.
              08/2020 - eQIP received, completed, and submitted
              Last edited by latitude98; 09-29-2020, 07:24 PM.

• big_bob_69
              big_bob_69 commented
              Editing a comment
              Almost the exact same timeline for me too. Hoping to get to the poly soon since that seems to be the major deciding factor.

• Just curious what is generally the time frame from poly to background? Then a HI to final offer and report to FLETC?

Comment

• Taco_loco
              Taco_loco commented
              Editing a comment
              Background starts a couple days after you pass the poly. HI is about 2-3 weeks after you pass the poly and hiring comes about 2-3 weeks after HI. FLETC depends on space but it’s supposed to be like 4-6 weeks after Hiring call.

• newsgirl55
              newsgirl55 commented
              Editing a comment
              Taco, will this timeline change if you still have to do the psych, med, and drug tests? I was told at my security interview over the weekend that the poly would be my next step, so I'm assuming the other stuff will come after. Hopefully I can do them while background is completed.

• Taco_loco
              Taco_loco commented
              Editing a comment
              Not really my Medical and drugs were after my poly.

• Long time reader, first time poster.. Finished Poly and Med last week after about 7 months due to COVID. Looking forward to next steps!
            Last edited by underground; 08-20-2020, 06:37 PM.

Comment

• newsgirl55
              newsgirl55 commented
              Editing a comment
              Congrats! Still waiting on my poly, wouldn't be surprised if it takes a few weeks.

• Just scheduled my SI for next week! I was starting to think they’d never call me...

Comment

• shortyg
              shortyg commented
              Editing a comment
              It'll be a month between the e-Qip and when my SI will be next week. It doesn't seem like that long now, but with the rest of the process being basically back-to-back, a month of silence was nerve-racking.

• big_bob_69
              big_bob_69 commented
              Editing a comment
              This message is deleted
              Last edited by big_bob_69; 08-23-2020, 07:07 PM.

• shortyg
              shortyg commented
              Editing a comment
              That is a really long wait. I had a 3 month wait between BQA and SAEE, then it was back on.

• Longhorn8847
              Longhorn8847 commented
              Editing a comment
              I waited 5 months until I completed my security interview this week so yours is not that bad! I think the process has different timeline depending on locations due to pandemic.

• I really can't afford the long wait.

I took the ASVAB and scored highly. I'll be enlisting with the US Air Force as an Intelligence Officer. I hope I can try this again later on in my life when there isn't a virus stalling everything.

Good luck people!

Comment

• newsgirl55
              newsgirl55 commented
              Editing a comment
              Good luck!

• thebluejay
              thebluejay commented
              Editing a comment
              i am thinking about joining the Marines as an officer

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4100 users online. 227 members and 3873 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X