X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• had my super/SI last week and now waiting for poly

Comment

• Question for you all:
      When I initially applied back in February, I was selected to move forward at the GS7 level. However, I'm about two weeks from finishing my Masters in homeland security, which will mean I definitely qualify for GS9 based on education. Should I apply again once I officially have the degree, or will my status be updated to reflect the new qualification by simply notifying my FO?

Comment

• mike2010
        mike2010 commented
        Editing a comment
        First of all USSS goes by the GL scale, which is a slight difference from GS. Based on my humble knowledge in the govt... it's easier for you to apply again than having to debate it with HR. A friend of mine was trying to talk his way to a higher grade with HR and they dropped him from consideration after he received his final offer (NOT USSS). Keep in mind, they have lots of well-qualified applicants that are fighting for the same spot you're fighting for, so even if you go in as a GL-7 it not a bad start. P.S. I'm in the same boat as you are but I'm happy to have the privilege to be considered for such opportunity.
        Last edited by mike2010; 07-23-2020, 11:07 AM.

• newsgirl55
        newsgirl55 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the info! I will absolutely take whatever I can get, but it would be nice to start at 9 if I'm able to.

• Just received an email inviting me to an ELAC! I have to schedule myself for a time slot within a one week period of dates/times. From the email it sounds like it could be an extra long day due to Covid restrictions. They also specified that all applicants have to wear a surgical style or N95 mask, no cloth or homemade masks will be allowed.

Comment

• mike2010
        mike2010 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, what you mentioned is true, I had to do that at my session as well. Just be confident and be yourself. Feel free to ask questions and inquire about everything, the USSS people at my ELAC were AMAZING and I felt comfortable asking them questions about the job and the expectations. I wouldn't say my day was extremely long, but be prepared to be there for around 4-7 hours (take snacks, reading material, and water) don't forget YOUR MASK!

My advice:
        -BE EARLY!!!
        -Dress appropriately.. we heard stories about people being turned away because of their clothing/grooming/hygiene.
        -Have your ELAC forms prepared and filled out (the ones that they instruct you to)
        -Regardless of whether your'e SA or UD.. Listen to both and get an idea of what each side does.
        -Last but not least, HAVE FUN! -It's a great experience and everyone I spoke to that day was very humble, knowledgeable, and really motivated about the awesome job they do.

Best of luck!

• Is anyone else having problems with getting the SAEE scheduled? I've scheduled my SAEE twice now and each time it got canceled. I was supposed to go today and got the e-mail to reschedule again. Is it just the locations I'm choosing?

Comment

• thebluejay
        thebluejay commented
        Editing a comment
        I had to schedule in a different state to take mine

• Anyone know if the vision requirements are uncorrected and corrected or one or the other? Read that uncorrected is 20/100 minimum or corrected 20/20.

Comment

• mike2010
        mike2010 commented
        Editing a comment
        its on the USSS website...

• Icandothis
        Icandothis commented
        Editing a comment
        Last edited by Icandothis; 07-25-2020, 07:05 PM.

• mike2010
        mike2010 commented
        Editing a comment
        Possess uncorrected visual acuity of no worse than 20/100 binocular. Possess corrected visual acuity of 20/20 or better in each eye. (Note: Lasik, ALK, RK, and PRK corrective eye surgeries are acceptable eye surgeries for Special Agent applicants. Applicants will be considered eligible for the Special Agent position provided specific visual tests are passed. The following are waiting periods for visual tests: Lasik-3 months after surgery, PRK-6 months after surgery, and ALK and RK-one year after surgery).

• SAEE coming up next week. What’s the dress code at the Pearson testing centers? Are USSS HR or other employees there?

Comment

• thebluejay
        thebluejay commented
        Editing a comment
        you can show up naked if you want to

• Bigblue07
        Bigblue07 commented
        Editing a comment
        I mean is it a suit or business casual?

• thebluejay
        thebluejay commented
        Editing a comment
        i wore athletic clothes to play basketball afterwards you can wear whatever you want. no USSS employee will be there

• David1984
        David1984 commented
        Editing a comment
        No dress code. Wear comfortable clothes. I wore sweat pants and a t shirt

• drug screening this week!!! just bought my cranberry juice....jk

Comment

• mike2010
        mike2010 commented
        Editing a comment
        It seems like a trend that people are getting the drug screening before their Poly... best of luck!

• thebluejay
        thebluejay commented
        Editing a comment
        mike2010 thanks bro

• I am a little confused. After reading the USSS site, based on my distant vision without correction I do not meet the qualifications but I do with correction. Does anyone know if I can I get Lasik and continue with the process pending my post 3 month evaluation stated on the site ? I am trying to obtain a second doctor's opinion prior to submitting my documents to HQ. I would hate for this to vault/ terminate my process.

Comment

• mike2010
        mike2010 commented
        Editing a comment
        Aside from the SAEE, you're gonna have to do everything again.

• mike2010
        mike2010 commented
        Editing a comment
        And you won't be able to continue... like for the SI you'll have to submit your SSF 4398 which is the eye exam report, which would show that you don't meet the qualifications.. or your "scar" hasn't healed post surgery. But hey, just do it and give it a shot... good luck man!

• Icandothis
        Icandothis commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Mike. I just submitted the eye exam report guess it will get rejected.

• mike2010
        mike2010 commented
        Editing a comment
        Even if that's the case... don't let that discourage you; Apply again and fight for what you believe in... you've already made it much farther than many applicants so you have what it takes, just use that time to workout and prep for the academy. Stay in touch!

• I am not sure where some of you are getting the information, but please stop assuming if you don’t know. If you have lasik all the agency doctor/ nurse is going to do is give u a form so your lasik eye dr can sign off on saying you are good to go. Having lasik under 90 days will not disqualify you. I had lasik and two months after did my medical screening. All i had to do was have my eye dr sign off on a follow up and i was good to go.

Comment

• mike2010
        mike2010 commented
        Editing a comment
        You submit your SSF 4398 and then the doctors look at it, if you're within the "Possess uncorrected visual acuity of no worse than 20/100 binocular. Possess corrected visual acuity of 20/20 or better in each eye" then you're good. If you're not, then you're most likely going to get rejected.... but then again, it is case by case basis and none of us are experts on this.

• Kels Possess uncorrected visual acuity of no worse than 20/100 binocular. Possess corrected visual acuity of 20/20 or better in each eye. (Note: Lasik, ALK, RK, and PRK corrective eye surgeries are acceptable eye surgeries for Special Agent applicants. Applicants will be considered eligible for the Special Agent position provided specific visual tests are passed. The following are waiting periods for visual tests: Lasik-3 months after surgery, PRK-6 months after surgery, and ALK and RK-one year after surgery).

Have uncorrected vision no worse than 20/100 binocular; correctable to 20/20 in each eye (NOTE: Lasik, ALK, RK and PRK corrective eye surgeries are acceptable eyes surgeries for special agent applicants provided specific visual tests are passed. The following are the waiting periods before visual tests are conducted after the surgery: Lasik surgery–three months; PRK–six months; and ALK and RK–one year.) Applicants must meet the vision requirement at the time of application.

Getting my information from the USSS website, and to my interpretation of this, if you don't meet the REQUIREMENT at the time of application, then you don't qualify.
      Last edited by mike2010; 07-27-2020, 10:50 AM.

Comment

• Kels
        Kels commented
        Editing a comment
        Bro u getting it from the website, i got mines from successfully going through the process. I understand what you are saying, and i am not saying that the website is wrong, all i was saying was i didnt wait the 3 mintjs aftwr doing lasik. Yes the agency Drs sent me
        Back to my eye dr to get cleared, but that took 30
        Mins. My eye dr did his test and signed off saying is was good. So once again i am not saying what u posted is wrong. I was talking about the lasik

• had the drug screen today. ill keep you guys updated what my next step is

Comment

• Anyone processing out of Kansas City? Haven’t heard anything since COVID happened in March/April.

Comment

• big_bob_69
          big_bob_69 commented
          Editing a comment
          I’d try giving the field office a call and see what they say. I called mine a few times and they were very helpful.

• Just received notification of drug screening. 1 week post SI.

Comment

• Shermanator
          Shermanator commented
          Editing a comment
          Drug screening completed today.

• medical exam next week then i assume polygraph. getting close to the finish line

Comment

• Have anyone heard back regarding their Adjucative process . I have been in it for 8 months now . How long do they typically take ? And who can I reach out to for more info ? Feel free to PM me if you have any info .

Comment

• big_bob_69
            big_bob_69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Read back in the thread about 10-15 pages and you’ll find a few guys who got stuck for a while. They were almost all vets. Think they stopped posting updates so idk what ended up happening with them.

• K-lin
            K-lin commented
            Editing a comment
            Pop123, I have been in the process since Sep2019...also stuck in adjudicative process. I have been e-mailing, calling, bugging people. This is what I found out:
            If you are in adjudicative process that means something came up. Either during second interview or background check.
            Guess who looks over the applications in adjudicative process? The Congress...... And they take their time.
            Again, there is something that came and you have to dig really hard to get answer.

I'm not an expert, this is just want I found out.

• mike2010
            mike2010 commented
            Editing a comment
            K-Lin: By second interview, you mean Security Interview, Polygraph or the Home Visit?

sorry you're still stuck in that phase.. it must be really tough to get that far and just be stalled...

• K-lin
            K-lin commented
            Editing a comment
            Mike210
            I was flying through the process up to the second, security interview. After that I waited two month and emailed the support team. That's when I found out about adjudicative process. The worst part is, they don't communicate well and I had hard time getting answers.
            Anyhow, I was determined and lucky in some ways, to find out why my application stalled. It turned out, my divorce caused it. I applied in Sep19 and my divorce was finalized Nov19. Just because I applied while my divorce wasn't finalized, my application was red flagged. Sad enough, I provided my divorce decree at the second interview.

PS. I don't even have a speeding ticket, that's how clean my record is.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5501 users online. 322 members and 5179 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X