300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thebluejay View Post
    Interesting....can i go to a walk in for the eye exam portion? Also it says it all has to be typed - for the eye exam it has to be filled out by the doctor so should that part be hand written?

Thanks
    Make sure you take advice for reputable folks that have gone through the process like Taco and Longhorn. I have seen a few ppl on here that are just spamming false information. I'm getting my vision checked on Sunday, but I haven't heard much in terms of ELAC/SUPER since the cancellation notice.

Keep us updated and goodluck to us all

Comment

• thebluejay
      thebluejay commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. Are you going to a walk in for the exam?

• mike2010
      mike2010 commented
      Editing a comment
      Already took the exam and passed it, now I’m waiting for the ELAC.

• thebluejay
      thebluejay commented
      Editing a comment
      sorry I meant a walk in clinic for the eye exam...congrats on passing tho!

• mike2010
      mike2010 commented
      Editing a comment
      YES, you fill/print out the form and take it to your personal eye doctor. everything will be verified later when you go for your USSS sponsored medical exam

• Go back and read at least the last 50 pages of this thread, you can see what dozens and dozens of other people's timelines look like. It’s a pretty clear pattern, but it looks like it’s changed for some as they’re doing other steps first (likely due to COVID).
    Last edited by big_bob_69; 06-11-2020, 04:28 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

• Taco_loco
      Taco_loco commented
      Editing a comment
      Last word we got was July. I’ll check back with more info today.

• mike2010
      mike2010 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll message you!
      Last edited by mike2010; 06-12-2020, 12:23 PM.

• big_bob_69
      big_bob_69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Glad to hear things are happening. Are there specific cities they usually do ELACs in? My FO is pretty small so I should probably expect an ELAC I guess?

• mike2010
      mike2010 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not an expert, but I think it is the opposite. Usually ELAC's are conducted in big cities, where they have more candidates, and easier to get to.

• Seems like things are slowly starting to get back to normal... stay focused, everyone!

Comment

• Finally took my SAEE today after it was canceled in March due to COVID. I passed, so now I get to play the waiting game again!

Comment

• mike2010
        mike2010 commented
        Editing a comment
        We're all in the same boat.. just be patient and be positive.

• thebluejay
        thebluejay commented
        Editing a comment
        shouldnt be too long. I was contacted the day after passing

• newsgirl55
        newsgirl55 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hopefully I'll hear something this week. I tested on Friday afternoon so I didn't expect I would receive anything until tomorrow at the earliest.

• ATTENTION for everyone waiting on PEARSON/UVE FROM THE USSS website:

Pearson-Vue Testing Centers have discontinued testing at all locations and no Special Agent Entrance Exams or Uniformed Division Entrance Exams will be conducted until further notice. Please monitor your email for specific information related to rescheduling.

Current job opportunites: www.secretservice.gov/join/opportunities

Find out more at www.secretservice.gov/join/careers or call us at 888-813-USSS

202-406-5370 (Deaf and Hard of Hearing) | EOE

IT MAY BE A LITTLE OLD BUT ITS STILL ON THE WEBSITE..
      Last edited by mike2010; 06-14-2020, 05:28 PM.

Comment

• big_bob_69
        big_bob_69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Is this different than what the website has said? They’ve had a warning saying this on the website since at least Mid-March.

• mike2010
        mike2010 commented
        Editing a comment
        I saw it this morning on the Agency's website... it might've been old but they never updated it so its kinda strange..

• newsgirl55
        newsgirl55 commented
        Editing a comment
        I took my test last week while this was still on the website so they probably just haven't taken it down yet. Not every center has reopened, I'm just lucky to be in a location that had started the process.

• Autorotat8
        Autorotat8 commented
        Editing a comment
        ... I took my test yesterday...

• Anyone know how long a passed SAEE is good for?

Comment

• mike2010
        mike2010 commented
        Editing a comment
        Check the job announcements on USA Jobs and the requirements; I'm sure that will answer your question.

• I finally got curious and called my local FO. Despite being in one of the first states to open back up after the lockdowns, they said that they currently only have 1-2 people in the office at a time. And don't have any concrete timeline on changing that. Furthermore, they said they've heard nothing from HQ on hiring processes resuming.

They were actually very helpful and apologized for the mess.

They're going to have such a massive backlog after this. I'm hoping they go insane with the ELACs. I'd be willing to go interview in the CHAZ if that's what it took.

Comment

• mike2010
        mike2010 commented
        Editing a comment
        I would slightly disagree on the backlog matter, they reached out today saying that they didn't fill up all the spots for the and said they had a few extra seats open. Maybe people don't wanna wear a facemask when they have their interview...

• big_bob_69
        big_bob_69 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’d be happy to wear a hazmat suit at this point if it’d let us move forward with interviews lmao

• Lets hope soon

Comment

• For people who have passed the SAEE and submitted security clearance forms have you heard anything else after? I assume its a waiting game until interviews can be conducted

Comment

• mike2010
          mike2010 commented
          Editing a comment
          Just be patient... we're all waiting on different stages.

• Just took the SAEE today and passed, we shall see what the next step is.

Comment

• Finished up security interview it was elac setup. They said poly will be scheduled within 2 weeks and to start running asap lol

Comment

• big_bob_69
            big_bob_69 commented
            Editing a comment
            What city was the ELAC in? if you’re comfortable sharing that.

• thebluejay
            thebluejay commented
            Editing a comment
            When did you take the test?

• Pitbull4332
            Pitbull4332 commented
            Editing a comment
            Elac in Springfield va test was in February before they did the covid shutdown

• newsgirl55
            newsgirl55 commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm in southern VA so fingers crossed they do an ELAC down here soon too!

• I’ve followed this thread for some time and finally was able to take the SAEE. I passed it this morning now it’s the waiting game with the rest of y’all!

Comment

• newsgirl55
            newsgirl55 commented
            Editing a comment
            Congrats and welcome!

• Jonnie1994
            Jonnie1994 commented
            Editing a comment
            I hate to ask and it's probably been asked multiple times on here but how did you study for the SAEE if you even did study for it? I'm about to take it in the next few weeks.

• mike2010
            mike2010 commented
            Editing a comment
            Jonnie, look in the previous pages and you'll find some valuable information. Also, there's a study guide provided by the USSS to get you familiar with the format and type of questions they ask... Best of luck!

• thebluejay
            thebluejay commented
            Editing a comment
            I found the study guide to be more than enough help to pass

• I just heard from my closest field office:

The ... Field Office hopes to begin interviews again sometime in July. However, we have an extreme backlog. I have no definite date yet for your interview at this time. Also, the shutdown will undoubtedly extend our hiring process to 6-9 months.
          Last edited by latitude98; 09-29-2020, 07:23 PM.

Comment

• My SUPER has been scheduled. I am super excited. For those of you that have participated, how did you prepare ? For those of you that haven't, what tips have you heard or read about ? Does the USSS have competencies similar to the FBI that I should incorporate into my responses ?

Comment

• Within this past week I've scheduled and completed the SUPER along with receiving a COE. Earlier this afternoon I received the invite to complete e-Qip. My question: has anyone encounter a problem with registering for a username/password?

Comment

• mike2010
                mike2010 commented
                Editing a comment
                If you have any issues with your e-QIP, you should reach out to your POC who is included in the email you've received; SMD is very responsive and they'll make sure you are good to go. You may want to contact them ASAP because the govt is closed tomorrow and won't re-open till Monday, and your e-QIP is time sensitive so you need to get it in ASAP.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3460 users online. 207 members and 3253 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X