Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for responding futureCPD19D.

Comment

• Hey y'all, I applied on April 18th and received my email on 4/27 that I am moving on to SAEE and will receive another email to take it when the process opens back up from Covid. My experience is 3 years State LEO and a Bachelors.

Comment

• Originally posted by Appdin View Post
        Hey y'all, I applied on April 18th and received my email on 4/27 that I am moving on to SAEE and will receive another email to take it when the process opens back up from Covid. My experience is 3 years State LEO and a Bachelors.
        Same timeline for me. Applied on the 18 and got the email yesterday. Hopefully it opens up soon!

Also, anyone know if the test differs for applying as a GS 7 or 9? Im assuming they're the same, but just curious.
        Last edited by Adrenaline54; 04-28-2020, 03:31 PM.

Comment

• mike2010
          mike2010 commented
          Editing a comment
          Same test, use the practice test and make sure you know your grammar and PAY ATTENTION TO THE DETAILS. Easy overall, and you'll get your score right after the exam... at least that was my case

• Anyone heard anything about a possible timeline for opening the process back up? Had my Security interview March 4th right before everything went crazy. Awaiting date for polygraph.
        "Sempronius Densus, the single man among so many thousands that the sun beheld that day act worthily of the Roman empire"

Comment

• SFTB26
          SFTB26 commented
          Editing a comment
          I emailed a contact a couple days ago and she stated that all processing is still currently suspended unfortunately.

• Wilhelm16
          Wilhelm16 commented
          Editing a comment
          Real bummer. I’m not getting any younger.

• big_bob_69
          big_bob_69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Surely they’d make an exception if the COVID shutdown is what pushes you past 37.

• Wilhelm16
          Wilhelm16 commented
          Editing a comment
          Turned 38 in March but I am a vet.

• Originally posted by Wilhelm16 View Post
        Anyone heard anything about a possible timeline for opening the process back up? Had my Security interview March 4th right before everything went crazy. Awaiting date for polygraph.
        Nothing... I reached out a few days ago and haven't had a response....

Comment

• I finished the Secret Service Profile page for those of you who are interested. I hope to keep adding material over time.

https://www.specialagents.org/secret-service

Comment

• Sheridan1
            Sheridan1 commented
            Editing a comment
            excellent!

• mike2010
            mike2010 commented
            Editing a comment
            GREAT WEBSITE!! Would love to see it grow... following!

• I started reading Becoming Bulletproof by Evy Pompouras. She was a former secret service agent and has talked A LOT about her experiences and what they taught her in training. I would definitely check it out if USSS is your top choice or are considering it.

Comment

• I recently applied for a Uniformed Division announcement with the Secret Service. I honestly did not expect to get referred for testing, but here I am, and I will do my best in the coming challenges.

They haven't messaged me to schedule my UDEE and SI because of the COVID-19 situation. They did specify they will proceed with the applications once it's safe to do.

My only doubt is regarding my age, I'm 26. I've heard they barely recruit people in their 20's. Despite my age, I've good qualifications, and have a squeaky clean record(No debt, criminal record, good credit, good reputation among my community, I'm in good shape overall) so I'm kind of calculating my odds.

Comment

• big_bob_69
              big_bob_69 commented
              Editing a comment
              True for USSS special agents. I’m not sure if age matters much for UD.

• Longhorn8847
              Longhorn8847 commented
              Editing a comment
              I am currently 25 with non-criminal justice Master degree and no prior LEO experience. I got COE and am waiting for security interview. I don't know what separated me from other candidates to be referred. However, these are two things that helped: (1) cutomize resume for SA/UD position to highlight relevant strenghts: (2) show why you want to be part of USSS and what you can contribute during the SUPER interview.

Good luck!

• mike2010
              mike2010 commented
              Editing a comment
              NOT True for USSS, nor UD officers. I know a few Agents who are as young as 24, and some UD officers who are as young as 25 (my experience). Also, I'm in my mid-20s and I've been referred and currently waiting my ELAC interview.

To clarify, I'm a current USSS SA Applicant who has been referred, but due to the COVID, the ELAC was cancelled. so I'm currently waiting on the next ELAC
              Last edited by mike2010; 05-12-2020, 01:24 PM.

• mike2010
              mike2010 commented
              Editing a comment
              big_bob_69, could you please share your sources with us? I believe you also called me out on something before and you were clearly mis-informed. it is totally fine to be unsure of something, rather than to state false information..
              Last edited by mike2010; 05-12-2020, 01:50 PM.

• Has anyone on this forum been selected right out of college? Played some minor league hockey and completed my BA in Accounting this past December at the age of 25. Just awaiting on my polygraph date.

Comment

• big_bob_69
              big_bob_69 commented
              Editing a comment
              Just repeating what I’ve heard others on this thread say before. It sounds like it’s no longer true apparently.

• Taco_loco
              Taco_loco commented
              Editing a comment
              I was at FLETC when it shutdown. I am in class with another agency and we have college grads. Now I’m waiting until it’s my turn to get back. Recent College grads are hired.
              Last edited by Taco_loco; 05-13-2020, 05:49 PM.

• mike2010
              mike2010 commented
              Editing a comment
              Just ignore Bob, he has no idea what he's saying. And YES, Bob! I'm still under the illusion that certain portions of my clearance would transfer offer and expedite the OVERALL process, as per the USSS SMD Official that I contacted. I just don't understand why you're being quite toxic man, we're all in the same process together, to advice one another, and succeed altogether... Best of luck!
              Last edited by mike2010; 05-14-2020, 01:33 AM.

• mike2010
              mike2010 commented
              Editing a comment
              Well, I do believe I'm a better source of information, especially that you've been debunked above. I'm a current essential Federal Employee in DC and a few of my colleagues are USSS Agents &HR. There's no reward for who's right...but its certainly not ideal to spread false information, as I do know an Agent who's actually 22... so your "guarantee" is false, quite surprising that you're in the law field. Now since you've been proven wrong by multiple folks, including current FLETC colleagues, could you please stop spreading false information? Its better to stay quiet rather than to state false info.
              Last edited by mike2010; 05-14-2020, 01:27 AM.

• Anyone have any idea when the process is going to continue again?

Comment

• Originally posted by SFTB26 View Post
              Anyone have any idea when the process is going to continue again?
              Nobody knows, but we all know for sure that classes/recruitment have been postponed till further notice. The plan is to move quickly once everything's operational again, though.

Comment

• Just to settle the debate, every case is unique, however, it is possible for CERTAIN portions of your clearance/investigation to transfer over from other agencies, but its all subjective. Here's quoting what I was told about MY situation after I described in detail what my circumstances were:

1- USSS does NOT accept reciprocity for medical or polygraph exams

2-reciprocity is practiced for background investigations <- VERY SUBJECTIVE DEPENDING ON THE AGENCY, HOW LONG AGO YOUR CLEARANCE WAS ETC...

Finally, thanks to all the USSS/Future USSS Agents who continue to provide insight/information to guide us through this.. we appreciate you all. TACO, SpecialAgentBlog, MDPO, and more.. special thanks to you all!

Comment

• mike2010
                  mike2010 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  YES, it matters! -For Federal employees with valid clearances that would/could expedite the process quite a bit. Assuming you’re in the law field, I would expect you to understand the term “interim” and the fact that such clearances are temporary and if a candidate can not obtain a clearance then they get terminated. Also, your above comments have been flagged to moderators and have been deleted, so can you please stop with the name calling(very childish attitude), be a little more professional, and continue to contribute in a polite manner? -Remember, we’re representing the American public and the USSS holds the highest standards. Thanks, Bob!
                  Last edited by mike2010; 05-14-2020, 09:10 PM.

• specialagentblog
                  specialagentblog commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks boss; I just updated the Secret Service page. Any additional content ideas for the Secret Service would be appreciated (i.e. news, articles, events, movies, books). Once I gather enough suggestions, I can add additional columns. https://www.specialagents.org/secret-service

Minor comment on this thread; I do indeed see inaccurate information frequently posted on these types of forums (i.e. Rumor Intelligence). Often the authors are simply not in a position to make authoritative statements. It is great for applicants to share processing timelines and vacancy announcements; it is even helpful to share well established/uncontested information. However, I would respectfully caution readers to avoid taking definitive advice from persons who appear to keep getting their applications reject; or those that have no experience as 1811 or any type of federal LEO. And yes, agencies do review these forums & applicants have been canned as a result of their posting history (during background you will have to disclose your online profiles).

• I know the in-person interviews and such are still suspended, but does anyone know if that applies to the SAEE as well? The testing centers closed a couple of days before mine was scheduled in March but they're starting to open back up again with safety measures in place. When I tried calling the applicant help number from the USSS website, it rang for a bit then asked if I wanted to access the mailbox... I'll try emailing next but wanted to see if anyone had SAEE-specific info. Thanks!

Comment

• futureCPD19D
                  futureCPD19D commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Well that might be more of a challenge since they depend on the testing centers to be open. Other than medical, everything else is either at USSS offices or at your home. I took my test at a testing center surrounded by people taking real estate exams. It might take longer for them to open even after USSS resumes the process. It will depend on the location. Some testing site might have opened and some might not due to how bad the virus is in that location and what the local government is allowing.
                  Last edited by futureCPD19D; 05-21-2020, 07:07 PM.

• Does anyone know if you can apply for a certain SAC/ field office or if they just offer you what ever is available at the time? Just wondering if central Florida is even a possibility since I live there now..

Comment

• big_bob_69
                  big_bob_69 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Last I heard they were offering 5 offices. Generally 4 of the bigger offices and then a medium sized office in your general region. Not everyone seems to get the medium size office offer, but it happens fairly often according to other posts in this thread.

• Threw my hat in the ring got an email today saying I'm older than 37 so I can't be considered. I replied back I've got nearly 5 years of LEO coverage already.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4896 users online. 305 members and 4591 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X