Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got an email from USSS stating all SAEEs are suspended until further notice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Longhorn8847 View Post
      Anyone recently submitted e-qip here? When can you expect to be contacted regarding Security Interview? Of course, this assumes that hiring process is still going on despite COVID-19. Any input would be appreciated!
      Submitted my e-QIP around 1.5 weeks ago. I haven’t heard anything back. My guess would be like everyone has said recruiting is suspended and we likely won’t hear anything until they resume hiring.

Comment

• Longhorn8847
        Longhorn8847 commented
        Editing a comment
        So I just got email from FO saying that my security interview is on hold until COVID 19 situation gets sorted out. Just as FYI for other applicants!

• I received an email from USAjobs saying my status had changed. I checked and it changed from reffered to selected. I went to the USSS dashboard and it said Congratulations you have been tentatively Selected. I have completed all steps other than the Poly and Medical. I have not received any email from USSS and USAjobs is usually the last thing to update not the first. Has anyone else had this happen and do you usually get that before you complete the poly?

Comment

• Kels
        Kels commented
        Editing a comment
        After your process starts dont even worry about what USAjobs says. Everything comes from The service or one of its representatives. After this virus thing subsides the process will resume and you will be scheduled for whatever is needed in your process.

• For what it’s worth, it looks like they didn’t make a new 1811 post for April. They have been making a new one on the first of each month.

I take that to mean they’re not going to worry about processing anything until they’re open for business again.

Comment

• I took the SAEE 6 months ago and did not pass. I want to reapply, now that I understand whats on the test and have been studying the study guide that I did not know about. The email said I can retake the exam on April 18, does that mean I can apply now and by the time all this corona stuff is over I should be able to reschedule the exam? Or Do I need to wait until April 18 to even apply?

Comment

• big_bob_69
          big_bob_69 commented
          Editing a comment
          I think they're still processing applications. So I'd wait until the 18th just to be safe.

Applying now wouldn't speed anything up anyways since they're not scheduling SAEEs.

• Adrenaline54
          Adrenaline54 commented
          Editing a comment
          Ok, Thanks I appreciate the info!

• Question: Does anyone know if a medical exam, background investigation, and a Polygraph by a DHS Contractor would suffice for the Secret Service exam? -Backstory, I'm pursuing another DHS job (CBP- Customs and Border Patrol Agent.. 1895 series, the ones you see at the airports) and their process is still moving forward, so I'm wondering if I can hit two birds with one rock... any insight?

Comment

• mike2010
          mike2010 commented
          Editing a comment
          Ahhhh thank you, hopefully it will help expedite the process.

• big_bob_69
          big_bob_69 commented
          Editing a comment
          How will the USSS not accepting another background check/med/poly expedite the process for you? Worried you didn’t read the response correctly lol.

• mike2010
          mike2010 commented
          Editing a comment
          Bob, thank you for your comment. I would recommend you read the comment again, as it worries me that you're not paying attention to the details. The above mentioned comment only pertains to BI and Poly. Having a recent clearance from DHS or any govt agency would rather be an indication of good character, therefore if you have ever filled an SF-86, it clearly asks you if you had any govt security clearances, regardless of whether the investigator utilizes that information, or not. Also, I don't quite get where you got your information about the medical exam, could you clarify? lol

• mike2010
          mike2010 commented
          Editing a comment
          UPDATE: Just got a response from my POC -> here's my interpretation:

Although the USSS does its own background investigation, certain supplemental information may be transferable, depending on the vendor, how long ago was it, etc.. which may speed up the procedure. No guarantees, but definitely worth noting during the eQIP, SI etc. ALSO, POC noted that RECIPROCITY IS PRACTICED FOR certain portions, which would save applicants (in this case me) LOTS of time (if that gives a hint).

We'll get through this together, let's continue helping one another.
          Last edited by mike2010; 04-15-2020, 01:27 PM.

• Ok need some input. This question right here,"I have been charged with, convicted of, or pleaded guilty to, a felony or misdemeanor crime. Convictions include pleading no contest (nolo contendere), pleading guilty, or being found not guilty by reason of insanity."

If I received a Misdemeanor 8 years ago for a very minor incident and its currently being processed for being expunged. Should I still say Yes? By the time I get to any sort of interview it will be removed from my record. If I say Yes on the application with that cause me to not get referred for testing? I am by no means trying to hide anything, just looking for the right course of action.
        Last edited by Adrenaline54; 04-18-2020, 07:40 AM.

Comment

• Yes list it.

“Very minor incident” is rationalizing that they would sniff out in a second.

”I am by no means trying to hide anything...”

Comment

• mike2010
            mike2010 commented
            Editing a comment
            Exactly what Sports21 said!

• Originally posted by Sports21 View Post
          Yes list it.

“Very minor incident” is rationalizing that they would sniff out in a second.

”I am by no means trying to hide anything...”
          Ok thanks for the input I just submitted everything. Would listing Yes in just that category be means for the application not getting referred automatically as the application is screened?

Comment

• mike2010
            mike2010 commented
            Editing a comment
            Most likely, YES! As most USAJOBS applications are weeded out by the system before the HR rep gets them. For example, I was not referred to a job opportunity because I mistook a question and put No instead of Yes. I emailed HR but there was no help they were able to provide.

Not trying to bring your hopes down, but you mentioned it’s currently being expunged. I would wait till it is fully off the record and then apply... I mean, applications aren’t going anywhere now because of the COVID.

Best of luck!

• The question is ‘have you ever been charged, convicted, etc.’ even after expungement, I believe you should be expected to put ‘yes,’ otherwise, you are not answering the question correctly. It’s unfortunate that they may DQ you based on that, but don’t give up hope. You do NOT want that coming up at a later date and then have them figure out that you weren’t forthcoming when answering the question.
          At the end of the day, ‘charges’ are just that. They are often times explainable, and if they get expunged or dismissed, then so be it.

I am going through the hiring process with DEA and have gotten past the polygraph and background after checking ‘yes’ to that same question under similar circumstances. Fact of the matter is, the background investigator wasn’t able to find any paperwork on the incident since it was ~10 years ago AND it had been expunged. It’s really just about being honest and forthcoming even when you are on the fence. Answer the questions and don’t minimize. Hopefully you can mention how the arrest/expungement helped you grow as a person, and turn the negative into a learning experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spr5088 View Post
            The question is ‘have you ever been charged, convicted, etc.’ even after expungement, I believe you should be expected to put ‘yes,’ otherwise, you are not answering the question correctly. It’s unfortunate that they may DQ you based on that, but don’t give up hope. You do NOT want that coming up at a later date and then have them figure out that you weren’t forthcoming when answering the question.
            At the end of the day, ‘charges’ are just that. They are often times explainable, and if they get expunged or dismissed, then so be it.

I am going through the hiring process with DEA and have gotten past the polygraph and background after checking ‘yes’ to that same question under similar circumstances. Fact of the matter is, the background investigator wasn’t able to find any paperwork on the incident since it was ~10 years ago AND it had been expunged. It’s really just about being honest and forthcoming even when you are on the fence. Answer the questions and don’t minimize. Hopefully you can mention how the arrest/expungement helped you grow as a person, and turn the negative into a learning experience.
            Appreciate the advice. Well see what happens over the next few days/weeks on if I get passed the initial screening.Thats good to hear about your process with the DEA, I’m also in the process with them. Just waiting on my PT test, so good to hear there is possibilities there now too.

Comment

• Looking for insight on this:

I submitted an application for the GS 7 Criminal Investigator one week ago, Friday 4/17. The following Monday, 4/20, my status updated on USAJobs to "we are now reviewing applications." Fast forward to this evening, Friday 4/24 around 10pm my status reflected "Application Received". I have not received any sort of BQA/Non-selection email (yet). I am not understanding the different status changes to my application and hoping someone can shed some light on the topic.

Anyone care to share their thoughts? Thank you!
              Last edited by PA_Ed; 04-24-2020, 10:22 PM.

Comment

• PA_Ed
                PA_Ed commented
                Editing a comment
                mike2010 - First of all, congrats - best of luck on your interview. I am not that far in the hiring process. I have not been referred for next steps nor invited to complete the SAEE. Do you think I may be referred in the weeks to come or most likely not?

• Icandothis
                Icandothis commented
                Editing a comment
                PA_Ed How long ago did you apply ? For my first application I applied in January, my application was referred and under review. After waiting for 5 weeks for a a response, I reapplied under another JA # in March 2020 and received an invitation for the SAEE within a week (canceled due to Covid-19). My first application is still under review. Maybe you should reapply if you feel your non response isn't due to Covid-19

• PA_Ed
                PA_Ed commented
                Editing a comment
                Double posted somehow

• PA_Ed
                PA_Ed commented
                Editing a comment
                Icandothis - It's all in the original message bro. I applied Friday 4/17, 3 days later on 4/20 my status changed and then again on Friday 4/24 my status reverted back to Application Received.

• Looking for some insight....... Although everyone says the hiring process is relatively quick (6 months) I am concerned since I age out in January 2021 that I may not be able to complete the hiring process prior to then. I was unable to take the SAEE in March due to Covid-19. Does any know if I receive my COA prior to 37 but do not complete the hiring process until after my 37th birthday, am I still eligible to join the academy and become an SA ? I am hoping when this process commences everyone is expedited. I am really nervous !

Comment

• mike2010
                mike2010 commented
                Editing a comment
                I would say this is an HR question, you should reach out to them to get the best answer. From the USSS website: Applicants who require further assistance may call 1-888-813-USSS. From an applicant's perspective, I am aware that all recruitment has been postponed till further notice, which may or may not impact you.

• ebhicks1
                ebhicks1 commented
                Editing a comment
                As long as you receive your COE prior to your 37th birthday you are good to complete the process till on boarded. I turned 37 4 days after my COE and was hired within 2 months of COE. I was on boarded in March and waiting for FLETC to reopen to start the CITC. My background is 7 1/2 years Deputy Sheriff, 3 of the 7 1/2 year was spent as contractor for ICE for the county, BS Business Administration-International Business and fluent in Portuguese and Spanish.

• Hi to all!
              I'm an applicant for UD position and participate in UD forum. I was discussing my situation, which is being stuck in adjudicative review when one of the members mentioned that a lot of SA applicants, especially veterans, are going through the same. I was just wondering if it's normal, what should I do next and is there a number I can call to bug them.

My background,
              - military police
              - civilian police
              - nuclear security

November 18.2019 was my second interview after E-Qip. February 02.2020 I inquired via e-mail about my application and learned that it is in adjudicative process.

​​​

Comment

• Taco_loco
                Taco_loco commented
                Editing a comment
                It’s not normal. I’m a veteran and my process took 5 months from start to EOD. I applied in Oct 2019, did an ELAC event in Dec and was hired in Feb with start in March.

• big_bob_69
                big_bob_69 commented
                Editing a comment
                There’s a few other veterans who’ve had this problem in this thread. IIRC it seems like an OPM issue and not a USSS issue.

Not all veterans have this issue. But all the people who’ve had the issue seem to be veterans. Not that this info is helpful at all. Just my observations from spending hours reading this thread.

• I'm in the process for over 7 months. I stared on September 15 with the online application. I have no idea why it's taking so long. I have never been arrested, no traffic tickets. My military history is clean as a whistle......

Comment

• mike2010
                mike2010 commented
                Editing a comment
                I would say 7 months isn't too bad... especially with what's going on right now. I've read that people have taken anywhere from 4-5 months to a little over a year from start to finish; However, if you do believe that your application is not being handled accordingly, you should reach out to your POC and inquire about the delay.

• futureCPD19D
                futureCPD19D commented
                Editing a comment
                I applied one month after you. It’s pretty normal in the federal hiring process to take time. This agency does tend to move faster than most but it’s case by case and with everything going on right now it may take longer. I have 2 steps left to complete the process. Just be patient. It took me 12 months from application to EOD with BP. I’m good with waiting as long as I get the job.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4805 users online. 222 members and 4583 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X