Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the call today. Offered SF, NY, LA, CHI, and Wichita.

Comment

• mike2010
      mike2010 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congratsss!!!!!!

• Is Field Office placement totally luck of the draw? I plan to re-apply but was only given two cities (the most expensive cities on each coast) when I applied last year, neither of which were on my list. I see a lot of people on here get the usual NYC, LA, SF, Chicago, and Miami, but there’s not much deviation from that. What about DC? Wouldn’t the HQ need manpower?
    Last edited by Finance2LE; 03-06-2020, 12:31 PM.

Comment

• big_bob_69
      big_bob_69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Going to DC is the second part of your career. But if you asked for it, you could possibly get it I imagine.

Also, lots of people seem to be getting offered at least one medium sized city. I've seen Little Rock, Wichita, Boston, and Reno pop up on here within the last year. Generally I think the medium city is within your "geographic region" so it seems like most posters are happy with what they get offered.

• mike2010
      mike2010 commented
      Editing a comment
      It really depends...I spoke to some folks here in the DC area and they said it all depends on the needs of the USSS

• Hello, question for those of you who have completed e QIP. At what point did you tell your current employer that you were in the running for this position? I’m starting e QIP and haven’t told my current employer yet. Trying to determine if now is a good time to do so or if I can hold off. I’m in a non LEO field.

Comment

• Longhorn8847
      Longhorn8847 commented
      Editing a comment
      I told my current employer after submitting my e-qip for another opportunity last week. I thought it was better to give an advanced notification to my supervisor rather than getting her caught off guard when BI contacts her and asks about my qualification about new position and etc.

• Taco_loco
      Taco_loco commented
      Editing a comment
      USSS doesnt contact your references and people until you pass the polygraph so I would not let my current employer know until you get to that stage.

• mike2010
      mike2010 commented
      Editing a comment
      I would say it depends on your relationship with your superiors. In my case, I informed my manager that I was in the process and I have received a lot of support. Needless to say, I would keep them updated on the process and give them time before I call my 2 weeks.

• That’s kind of what I was thinking. I’m under no delusions I know I’m a long way from securing the position. However, I wasn’t sure when employers, references, etc would be contacted and didn’t want them to be caught off guard.

Comment

• Longhorn8847
      Longhorn8847 commented
      Editing a comment
      It was a difficult decision to make. However, I thought about this matter from supervisor's perspective and found it better to get an advanced notice. In my case, I explained to my supervisor and promised to give her 1 month notice if I end up moving on.

• For a young single person without kids I’d think a bigger city would be fun but I’d be grateful for any offer.

Comment

• I submitted an application on 2/27 for Criminal Investigator, this morning my status updated on USAJobs to "You will be notified via email." This sounds negative, thoughts?

Comment

• PA_Ed
        PA_Ed commented
        Editing a comment
        big_bob_69 - thank you, unfortunately I received the generic "best qualified applicant" dismissal email, I am no longer in the process.
        Last edited by PA_Ed; 03-10-2020, 12:14 PM.

• ASecretSquirrel
        ASecretSquirrel commented
        Editing a comment
        You got the best qualified email but didn’t make it through? That doesn’t make sense. Am I misunderstanding what that means?

• PA_Ed
        PA_Ed commented
        Editing a comment
        ASecretSquirrel - I apologize, my iPhone auto corrected me, I received the generic email stating "We are fortunate to have many best-qualified applicants apply for this position; however, after careful consideration, I regret to inform you that you are no longer being considered for this position."

• ASecretSquirrel
        Editing a comment
        Ahh dang, sorry to hear that!

• This message is deleted
      Last edited by big_bob_69; 08-23-2020, 07:01 PM.

Comment

• Longhorn8847
        Longhorn8847 commented
        Editing a comment
        I would feel the same way if I did the same thing while waiting for call! Good luck with SUPER! I just got COE!

• big_bob_69
        big_bob_69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats! Good luck on the poly (I think everything else is pretty much a given lol).

• Longhorn8847
        Longhorn8847 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you! It will be my first time so I am a bit nervous. I am crossing my fingers that it will go well.

Good luck with your SUPER!

• kodanight13
        kodanight13 commented
        Editing a comment
        I got an email last week for my SUPER, no call. So believe you’ll get the same

• Hey all,

I passed my SAEE this weekend and I’m now waiting for a call for a SUPER. Any indication how soon after passing I should receive that phone call? Does it take place at my local field office or do I have to fly out of state for it?

thanks!

Comment

• ASecretSquirrel
        Editing a comment
        Right on. That’s still a pretty quick turnaround. I don’t want to fly too much what with this whole flu scare going on. Not trying to get stranded somewhere haha.

• Longhorn8847
        Longhorn8847 commented
        Editing a comment
        In my case, I took SAEE on saturday afternoon and got a call from local FO to schedule on Monday morning. I had my SUPER at local FO.

• ASecretSquirrel
        Editing a comment
        Interesting. Here’s hoping I get a call soon then!

• kodanight13
        kodanight13 commented
        Editing a comment
        Took me two weeks before I got email for SUPER. Scheduled at local FO

• Just got scheduled for my SUPER.

Comment

• Is there any info on how to prep for the SUPER? Not a whole lot of info out there it seems.

Comment

• big_bob_69
        big_bob_69 commented
        Editing a comment
        I think it’s basic STAR questions. Look at interview prep for FBI phase 2.

• ASecretSquirrel
        Editing a comment
        Right on. I passed that one so I’ll prep the same way I suppose. Thanks!

• Hi everyone, I searched this forum for some answers regarding my concern but found no conclusive answer. I recently got COE and was asked to submit Vision Form by 3/19. I knew my uncorrected vision was bad but I thought I had it better than 20/100 binocular requirement. So I was surprised to find out that I have 20/200 uncorrected vision and put me in full panic mode.

The questions is, I am willing to do LASIK asap. However, will I be able to continue with hiring process like SI, Poly, Medical and etc? Or do I have to apply again? I would really appreciate some input. I will reach out to local FO as well but I iust want to see if someone went through same situation like me. Thanks!
      Last edited by Longhorn8847; 03-13-2020, 05:58 PM.

Comment

• Taco_loco
        Taco_loco commented
        Editing a comment
        The application mentions that if you do lasik you will need to wait 6 months, I think, before you can be considered again. If you can’t pass the vision requirement, you may be SOL until then.

• Longhorn8847
        Longhorn8847 commented
        Editing a comment
        USSS website noted 3 months waiting period for LASIK (6 months for PRK). I received LASIK this morning and have post-op visit tomorrow. I plan to contact FO first thing on Monday and see what my options are.
        Last edited by Longhorn8847; 03-13-2020, 06:14 PM.

• mike2010
        mike2010 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey, I'm currently in the same boat as you are.... have you heard anything from HR? -With how things are looking like right now, I feel like it would be more than 3 months till I get my medical exam for USSS

• Longhorn8847
        Longhorn8847 commented
        Editing a comment
        I submitted my vision form with surgery info and 20/20 uncorrected vision from post-op visit. I got a link for e-qip and supplemental forms for background check on Monday. After submittint all of above, no update as of now. I believe everything might be okay since medical might be 3 months from now due to covid-19.

• Any news on if the SA hiring and/or training classes will be affected by COVID 19?

Comment

• kodanight13
        kodanight13 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup, just got interview postponed. Secret service suspending all recruiting activity.

• Taco_loco
        Taco_loco commented
        Editing a comment
        Rumor is the class that just got here is the last FLETC class until further notice.

• Wilhelm16
        Wilhelm16 commented
        Editing a comment
        I was wondering the same. Had my security interview on the 4th and was told to watch for email for my poly. Nothing yet. Hopefully it doesn’t delay too long. I’m no Spring chicken.

• mike2010
        mike2010 commented
        Editing a comment
        Everything has been put on hold indefinitely (per their email)

• Hey guys. I just got invited to take the SAEE but all the testing centers have closed so it wont allow me to schedule it. I email them but have not heard back. Will they be reaching out hopefully?

Comment

• Anyone recently submitted e-qip here? When can you expect to be contacted regarding Security Interview? Of course, this assumes that hiring process is still going on despite COVID-19. Any input would be appreciated!

Comment

• Hey! Just got my approval to post. Currently in the pipeline.
          Last edited by mike2010; 07-04-2020, 11:59 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5924 users online. 347 members and 5577 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X