Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know what happens after you finish training? Is the DC placement your first or do you get assigned to a field office first? I thought during my SUPER I was told the DC placement was first but I have heard from other sources that you go to a field office first.

Comment

• Kels
      Kels commented
      Editing a comment
      After training you are assigned to a FO to do investigations. 3-5 years. Then go to DC for
      Protection

• Radio Raheem
      Radio Raheem commented
      Editing a comment
      Protection from whom? ;-)

• Lovetocamp
      Lovetocamp commented
      Editing a comment
      You do 2 weeks in DC protecting the White House and then you go to your Field Office for investigations for anywhere from 3-5 years.

• I got invited to an ELAC. Any idea what this consist?

Comment

• big_bob_69
      big_bob_69 commented
      Editing a comment
      I think it combines several parts of the hiring process into one. They do your SUPER interview and maybe even your security interview? It typically expedites everything, so I’d definitely do it if you have the opportunity.

• FNG41YR
      FNG41YR commented
      Editing a comment
      The invite tells you exactly what it is. It's like a MAC assessment from the DEA. Basically knockout a lot of steps at one time

• Does anyone know how to get documentation of previously passing the SAEE? I took and passed it last year and I am planning on applying for the current announcement but it asks for documentation of previously passing the SAEE and I’m not sure how to get that information. I really don’t want to have to take that thing again.

Comment

• big_bob_69
      big_bob_69 commented
      Editing a comment
      I think the email saying you passed is enough. Make sure you save it.

• How quickly after the call do you go to FLETC? I've been flying through this process and will be finished in two weeks (I only applied in September). Also does anyone have any information on the when and where for the physical test?

Comment

• Lovetocamp
      Lovetocamp commented
      Editing a comment
      No PT test. Classes are usually staggered by a month or so. Expect to wait anywhere from 1-3 months.

• user2
      user2 commented
      Editing a comment
      No PT test during the application process, but you will be given one during SAITC prior to FLETC

• What are the physical requirements for the academy in FLETC? I’m assuming the requirements are different for both academies and that FLETC prepares you for the second academy. I’m doing my part by preparing myself the best way I can but I want to know what to expect. Any help will be greatly appreciated

Comment

• user2
      user2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Unless its changed, USSS doesnt adhere to the FLETC Physical Assessment. You'll take it but it carries no weight if you pass or fail. You'll take an initial PT test at the one week orientation prior to FLETC (SAITC). If you fail to score an overall 10 without zeros in any category, you will be placed on remedial PT while you are at FLETC. You'll get the opportunity to test out. You'll take a midterm and final PT test at FLETC where you will have to meet certain requirements to continue to RTC. If you meet the PT standard while at orientation, you are allowed to PT on your own. Depending on your coordinator at FLETC, will determine how much organized PT you do. Bottom line, go to SAITC prepared to pass the PT Test.
      Last edited by user2; 01-31-2020, 01:47 PM.

• big_bob_69
      big_bob_69 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m pretty sure they don’t administer the PFT until JJRTC. Where they give you an intro one, a midterm, and then you have to pass the final one to graduate. That’s according to the USSS’s website.

• user2
      user2 commented
      Editing a comment
      No you'll take one during your orientation which is a week prior to FLETC. You'll take a midterm and final while at FLETC where you need to score a certain amount to continue to RTC. RTC will administer an initial, midterm, and final

• big_bob_69
      big_bob_69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the heads up. Your the first person I've heard this from and I think I've read everything about the USSS on this forum. I wish they had their stuff more openly available like the FBI does (where nothing is a surprise).

• I see a lot of people commenting how similar SAs and those in the uniform division. Is this true? How often are SAs/CIs actually investigating crimes?

Comment

• What does ELAC consist of and does everyone go through this step?

Comment

• big_bob_69
        big_bob_69 commented
        Editing a comment
        It's where you go through several steps of the process all at once.. Not everyone does it. I'm not sure if they even offer it to everyone.

• Does anyone know if the SUPER is the same for SA and UD or is it different? Would appreciate if the people who put in for both chimed in. Thanks!

Comment

• For anyone familiar with USAjobs...

Whenever a job posting lets you "re-apply" to something you messed up and were disqualified for (I accidentally said I do not agree to the vision test, oops), do you just update your current application or do you withdraw it and do a new one?

Comment

• big_bob_69
          big_bob_69 commented
          Editing a comment
          I can't even begin to explain how unhelpful the USSS SA support people have been. If you have to rely on them for anything, you just may as well give up. Just FYI.

• Taco_loco
          Taco_loco commented
          Editing a comment
          I accidentally clicked on the button saying yes to lasik, which I didnt have. I got “disqualified” email and just reapplied. I got the call today. So, just reapply and you should be good.

• big_bob_69
          big_bob_69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Mind if I DM you?

• Taco_loco
          Taco_loco commented
          Editing a comment
          Sure thing

• Got the call. I am also a Vet!

Timeline:
        Applied. Oct 1.
        SAEE. Nov 16
        ELAC. Dec 14
        Poly Dec 30
        Medical Jan 15
        H.I. Jan 21
        Med Follow up Complete Feb 3
        Call Feb 5

Comment

• Red96
          Red96 commented
          Editing a comment
          Did you get an academy date? What's the next step now?

• Taco_loco
          Taco_loco commented
          Editing a comment
          Fletc would be Mid March.

• Has anyone ever failed the poly and been offered another chance to take it? I genuinely don’t understand how I failed because I felt good (well, as good as one can) after taking it. Administrator said I had abnormal physiology throughout the test and he had a hard time even reading it. How soon can I reapply if I am disqualified this round? Realistically would I even have a shot at it again with a fail under my belt. This is my dream job and I am crushed waiting to hear what happens next.

Comment

• PA_Ed
          PA_Ed commented
          Editing a comment
          Waterlove234 - I can relate, I had a similar experience in early 2017, Secret Service is one and done. We are never allowed to work for the Secret Service since we did not pass their polygraph.

• Thread has been dead for a while. Anyone seen any movement lately?

Comment

• big_bob_69
          big_bob_69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nope. I messed up my app and resubmitted a week or two ago. Hoping to hear something soon.

• DC_Vulcan
          DC_Vulcan commented
          Editing a comment
          Still Dead in the water in adj.

• USSS SA

Applied 12/19/2019 ✅

SAEE 2/6/2020 ✅

SUPER 2/13/2020 (waiting on results)

Everything is moving pretty fast compared to my application with CBP. I’ve lost 75 pounds so far, want to lose another 40 before I get in the academy.. Right now I meet minimum fitness standards but I have plenty of time to get it right. No cheat meals, heavy cardio, and doing tons of push ups and sit ups. I have to confess that I’ve never done a chin up in my life but I feel that my hard work before and at the academy will pay off and will be able to do at least 3.

Comment

• big_bob_69
          big_bob_69 commented
          Editing a comment
          How long did it take after you applied for you to hear that you were moving on to the SAEE?

Edit: awesome job on the weight loss! Keep it up.
          Last edited by big_bob_69; 02-14-2020, 10:24 AM.

• Kels
          Kels commented
          Editing a comment
          Honestly you need to aim way higher than 3, aim maybe for 12. 3 is not alot . Not trying to be a debbie downer, but you have to get out the mindset of doing 3 pull-ups after 3 months at fletc.

• Does anyone know at what point during the hiring process you find out which field office you will be assigned to? I’m still early on in the process scheduled for SUPER but assuming all goes well do you find out before or after FLETC?

Comment

• Taco_loco
          Taco_loco commented
          Editing a comment
          When they make you the final offer. Once they call you. They will give you 5 field offices and 24 hours to decide. I got 5 choices 3 of which I didn’t even select as desired. Before you go to FLETC you will know.

• Thank you for the information. Do you get your choice out of the five or do they pick which one you go to? If you don’t mind me asking do you currently work for the agency?

Comment

• Taco_loco
          Taco_loco commented
          Editing a comment
          I EOD/FLETC in March. You get to pick one of the 5 choices and call back with your decision.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14901 users online. 416 members and 14485 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X