300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Easthawk24 View Post

I took the test this past week as well for the GL07 post. Seems like most people are moving quickly through the process
    Too quick!

Comment

• Hello everyone, I read that for JJRTC that for housing wise they put you in a hotel for your training. Can someone confirm this is still true? Is the hotel room just for you or will you get a roommate too?

Thanks

Comment

• If I’m not mistaken, you have a room to yourself.

Comment

• DC_Vulcan
          DC_Vulcan commented
          Editing a comment
          Unlike FLETC, where the Tajj now is all double-booked. >

• Checking in.... After 1 year and three months in adjudication, I've made no progress. Lol. I'm still in adjudication.

Comment

• DC_Vulcan
          DC_Vulcan commented
          Editing a comment
          Same here.

• Lovetocamp
          Lovetocamp commented
          Editing a comment
          Try reapplying? My hiring process was 3 months and I’m already at the academy.

• DC_Vulcan
          DC_Vulcan commented
          Editing a comment
          I've re-applied 5x. It doesn't go anywhere or do anything.

• Timeline SA Applicant:

Applied and Invited November 2019
        EQIP November 2019
        SUPER/COE December 2019
        Medical December 2019
        Drug Test December 2019
        Poly Scheduled for February 2019

Questions:
        1.) What is the security interview or did I already do that within the SUPER?
        2.) After you receive the call, how long until the academy, is it right away or is there set dates? I have a trip scheduled and I'm not sure if FLETC will affect it unless they are flexible with you.

Thanks in advance for answers!
        Last edited by zTiger; 12-17-2019, 01:32 PM.

Comment

• DC_Vulcan
          DC_Vulcan commented
          Editing a comment
          Going thru Ply q's.
          Theyll do quick from what Ive heard but are willing ot work with you.

• zTiger
          zTiger commented
          Editing a comment
          Hoping they'll work with me for sure, I applied with the idea that it would be a long process but seems like I'm moving pretty quickly through.

• DC_Vulcan
          DC_Vulcan commented
          Editing a comment
          Trust me, it may slow to a crawl/ standstill.

• For anyone who’s been to CITP or Rowley training center, is it paramilitary or a more collegiate setting?

Comment

• DC_Vulcan
          DC_Vulcan commented
          Editing a comment
          I can speak for UPTP which is right alongside CITP. Theyre both about the same, its a bit of both. Not as hard as a gentlemans army course like ALC or SLC.

• Wise135
          Wise135 commented
          Editing a comment
          CITP is in a collegiate setting and mostly a gentleman's course, unless you're with the ATF and have a coordinator who visits your classes to spy on you and look over your shoulder, and makes you do push-ups outside the classroom door. If you're with the Marshal's, they might line up your misbehaving class outside of the cafeteria and smoke you miserably during lunch.

I didn't see anyone from the Secret Service or any other agency having those experiences though.

• DC_Vulcan
          DC_Vulcan commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah pretty much ^
          C1a had them do PT a few times a week in addition too.

• SDC1983
          SDC1983 commented
          Editing a comment
          They will smoke you a few time a week at 0500 for remedial PT if you show up out of shape in CITP.

• Has anyone here gone through the background phase recently?

I just submitted SF-86 forms. Curious on timeline of things, specifically when they would start contacting references and supervisors. Hoping to talk to current boss before they receive any phone call.

Comment

• Lone-ranger
          Lone-ranger commented
          Editing a comment
          Background Investigators normally contact you first to schedule a time to speak with you and current supervisor separately. Nothing happens the same way 100% of the time, but that is usually how it goes.

• urdoc88
          urdoc88 commented
          Editing a comment
          Investigator will start checking on your references after you pass the polygraph.

• Red96
          Red96 commented
          Editing a comment
          The guy running my background called and asked me before meeting with my current boss. Also said he would be done with all my contacts within the month.

• Looking for some insight from anyone that has applied or is a current employee of the Secret Service. I am currently 48 years old and sitting on 24.5 yrs. Federal Law Enforcement. I applied back in November and passed the SAEE test. I have my SUPER Interview this Thursday. My concern is my age and actually being hired or disqualified because they are looking for younger people with a longer career path. I am in good physical shape and my kids are both in college so mobility really isn't a concern at this point in my life. Am I being unrealistic that I might actually have a chance at getting hired? I have no problem working until 57 at a job that I enjoy. Thanks for any experiences anyone can provide!

Comment

• Radio Raheem
          Radio Raheem commented
          Editing a comment
          I think they can only do an age waiver up to 40. 1811 Lateral would be the exception. For example...if you were an ATF 1811, you could possibly lateral to an open OIG position. I'm not sure if USSS accepts lateral transfers.

• Threw my hat into the ring two days ago. Pretty excited for how fast the process seems to be moving. I've been in the running for FBI SA for a while now, but it's going very slowly (mostly my fault - 1.5 mile runs aren't very friendly to guys with actual lower body strength ).

Any idea what the total time you spend at training camp is? It looks like nearly 7 months but I've seen people say it's 6 months.

Comment

• DC_Vulcan
          DC_Vulcan commented
          Editing a comment
          FLETC depends on holidays & such. It's a little over 3mo. Idk about follow-on.

• People who has done the ELAC in December in Dc any movement ?

Comment

• Taco_loco
          Taco_loco commented
          Editing a comment
          I was at the Dec 14 ELAC in DC. Already finished polygraph and medical. Background started and HI next week.

• Anyone know how long adjudication usually takes? Got the email a couple weeks ago saying I was now in adjudication even though the polygrapher told me I failed the poly. No idea how interpret anything in these federal processes.

Comment

• DC_Vulcan
          DC_Vulcan commented
          Editing a comment
          Welcome to purgatory.

• Anyone seen movement on their 2020 application?

I'm hoping they continue to move as quickly as they were last year.

Comment

• Radio Raheem
          Radio Raheem commented
          Editing a comment
          Weird. Maybe you answered something wrong on the initial application. I did that for a Marshal's announcement a few years back, and they gave me the boot.

• Taco_loco
          Taco_loco commented
          Editing a comment
          I was at the Dec 14 ELAC in DC. Already finished polygraph and medical. Background started and HI next week.

• big_bob_69
          big_bob_69 commented
          Editing a comment
          I emailed the support email they give you on the announcement and they told me I screwed up haha. Hoping to call the number they have and see if they can reset my application or something. That seems like a really silly reason to disqualify someone.

• big_bob_69
          big_bob_69 commented
          Editing a comment
          All right, last update lol.

I spoke with someone at USSS and they told me you can just re-apply if you screw up. I'm assuming you do this by updating your app on USAjobs. So you aren't completely out of the running if you make a mistake.

Also, per the job announcement, they review applications each month on the 16th. I failed to see that the first time around. But definitely useful to know when you're playing the waiting game.

• Taco_loco what field office are you out of ?

Comment

• Taco_loco
          Taco_loco commented
          Editing a comment
          Richmond FO

• DC_Vulcan
          DC_Vulcan commented
          Editing a comment
          Sounds like it'll be a bad place to be in a couple days. :/
          I pray everything goes well.

• Just posting my progress (or lack), I've officially been in the adjudication purgatory for 3 years. For those in the same process and wondering if you should wait it out or not. In that time, I deployed again, started a masters program with the USAF, and won't be eligible to leave for at least another 3-4 years. I've pretty much moved on but thought I'd let you guys know how long I've been in adjudication.

No one could really give any updates when I reached out for what is going on.

Good luck to everyone!

Comment

• Sapper92
          Sapper92 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm a few months into the "adjudication" party myself. From what I've gathered, this happens to Vets. Yet, every single one that has expanded on this have also stated that they are still Active Duty. I'm a current transitioning Soldier, myself. I know correlation does not imply causation, and this subject has been beaten to death on these forums, just wanted to provide what I'm seeing with this phenomenon. USSS probably just doesn't want to deal with the red tape surrounding military contracts. Apologies to everyone looking for legitimate updates on this forum, I just wanted to point out this Active Duty trend I've seen.

• DC_Vulcan
          DC_Vulcan commented
          Editing a comment
          Vet but not active. So there goes that theory. We're just at bottom of long non-priority pile, while BG process handoff was underway.

• I had my SUPER interview on Thursday, Jan 16th and have yet to receive a COE. I see others getting theirs the same day or the next day. I know the weekend and federal holiday could be playing a factor, but I am curious at what point should I assume it isn’t happening. The interview seemed to go very well at the time. I honestly expected something Friday due to the vibe I got from the interview. Anyone recently have to wait for a COE?
        "Sempronius Densus, the single man among so many thousands that the sun beheld that day act worthily of the Roman empire"

Comment

• zTiger
          zTiger commented
          Editing a comment
          I got mine the day of but it could be different field offices have different procedures

• big_bob_69
          big_bob_69 commented
          Editing a comment
          I tried to message you. I was wondering if you'd mind posting your timeline (e.g. when you first applied/etc)? You can just message it to me if you don't feel comfortable posting it on the public forum.

• Wilhelm16
          Wilhelm16 commented
          Editing a comment
          Job announcement closed out Nov 30th.
          SAEE Jan 3rd
          SUPER Jan 16th
          COE Jan 22nd

• big_bob_69
          big_bob_69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Great, thank you! I see they're still moving right along.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 18244 users online. 512 members and 17732 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X