Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kels , I see that you are a vet, were you sent the email stating that your application has entered the adjudicative review process? I got this email the day after my poly.

Comment

• bondman007
      bondman007 commented
      Editing a comment
      I never had any contact after my poly (end of June), so a month from the day I emailed the support email address and was told my application is in the ajudicative review process. Last week I checked in again and got the same thing. Then I got the automated email saying the same thing. I'm active military right now

• NewPath
      NewPath commented
      Editing a comment
      I am actually active duty and recently was selected. I was never placed in the adjudicative status.

• Can someone explain the adjudicative review process?

Comment

• DC_Vulcan
      DC_Vulcan commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol. no. Thats apparently above Q clearance.

• Curious does anyone plan on getting into the USSS to lateral over to another 1811 position? I know that its generally frowned upon to discuss it but hey, we all have goals and aspirations. Ive heard their is an amount of time where you are stuck with usss. Is that true?

Comment

• Lovetocamp
      Lovetocamp commented
      Editing a comment
      You can quit at any time but you sign a document where if you don’t do 3 years 120 days you pay back the service for the training you did at a pro rated amount. So if you only do 1 year you’ll pay more than the guy who only did 2 years.

• wannabeleo33
      wannabeleo33 commented
      Editing a comment
      You dont have to pay back anything. However, I am curious as to why people want to apply for a career they dont want. The academy is extremely hard and challenging. I've been through it. Why put yourself through that. If you don't want to do it then go ahead and apply towards whatever agency you wanted to in the first place.

• Radio Raheem
      Radio Raheem commented
      Editing a comment
      Because sometimes the door to your dream job is locked, so you have to go through a window. If you are young enough and are willing to do that, I say go for it. Get that USSS 1811 experience, and when the time is right, transfer to another agency. I've known plenty of people who have done that.

• wannabeleo33
      wannabeleo33 commented
      Editing a comment
      It still doesn't make sense. You apply for the hardest 1811 to get into then switch to something easier. If you want to go to another academy then just apply there. If the Service will hire you then there shouldn't be a reason no one else doesn't. Dont waste your or my time. We want people who want to work for us.

• Got hired a while back guys. The whole process took maybe less than 80 days. Very quick!
    Former BPA, finally out , current 1811.

Comment

• FNG41YR
      FNG41YR commented
      Editing a comment
      Check your pm

• To those in Adjudication pergatory...
    Check out this article, as it relates:

"National Background Investigations Bureau Transferred to Department of Defense" October 1, 2019
    https://www.justtherealnews.com/exec...department-of/

Comment

• DC_Vulcan
      DC_Vulcan commented
      Editing a comment
      I suspect this may be responsible for the delay. Now they're done transferring, so may pick up finally. I know it's a stretch, but my 2 cents.

• Good morning! I have been applying for Secret Service for a number of years. Never took it too seriously as I had other issues going on at the time and knew it was the “right” time. Recently, I had the opportunity to work the SS on VP Pence’s visit to AC for his nephews wedding. It relit a fire and I decided to keep trying. I thought it would be smart to get settled and buy a house before attempting the job. I messaged a recruiter on LinkedIn and she immediately responded and requested I email her my resume. I let her know I was interested in Uniform Division. I did not finish college due to a dirt bike accident and we found out we were having our first child. Am I shooting in the dark? Do they look past certain issues in the ost if you remediated it? I have excellent references. Just feel due to my childhood and parents, I didn’t have the opportunities to jump into college and really do anything. I was the parent at a young age.

Comment

• Radio Raheem
      Radio Raheem commented
      Editing a comment
      As long as you meet the qualifications, you have a shot. However, with UD, you will definitely be in DC, so keep that in mind. You can try colleges with online options. As far as adverse issues in the past...well...it all depends, right? Research the values of the USSS and compare your misdeeds. If they seriously differ from the values of the organization then I wouldn't apply.

• Just finished applying to the SSSA job posting for the 2nd time, last time I applied two years ago I received "better qualified applicants". Hopefully I have better luck this time. Background is college, and 3 years local LE.

Comment

• Radio Raheem
      Radio Raheem commented
      Editing a comment
      I think they are in need, so you may have a better shot. They BQA'd me in 2015...or at least I think they did. I never received anything. Figuratively speaking, they just drove out to the wood and left me howling in the moon.

• For any recent hires, what has been offered location wise? I understand you will be expected to fill a PSD billet at some point. Also has anyone been hired on experience alone, no degree?

Comment

• Lovetocamp
      Lovetocamp commented
      Editing a comment
      LA, San Fran, Sacramento, NY. All offices that are hard to fill.

I was offered a bunch of locations from San Diego to San Jose and I had to ask about East Coast offices. Offices like Boston, Newark, DC, and Miami pop up from time to time if you ask.

• If you've already been to FLETC for UPTP, will you still have to do the full Investigator program at FLETC for USSS?

Comment

• Lovetocamp
      Lovetocamp commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes because you haven’t gone through CITP. Basic 1811 class although if you are a UD Officer they’re not forcing FLETC on you.

• DC_Vulcan if im not Mistaken i believe thats only if you arepart of the Secret service uniform division. Meaning you cant be capital police and then go straight to ss agent, you would have to go back to fletc. The ss had a program where they would send current ud officers straight to rtc for agent training because they had already been to fletc. But that was inter agency. There was some grumblings that when this process is done, that person wont be a true 1811 because they didnt get the criminal investigation certification which is down at fletc.

Comment

• Originally posted by camtheman77 View Post
      Kels thanks for the info. Hows morale in USSS now. I know a while back it was pretty bad. Anyone know how the overall feeling is regarding the agency?
      Morale must not be too good because it seems like former Secret Service agents keep coming over to HSI, or go to other agencies. Based on what they have personally told me, these are their top reasons for leaving:

1. They want to do more investigative work. (Protection seems to be priority #1 for the agency, and investigations take a back seat.)
      2. They travel too much and spend most of their time away from home. (I've heard of weeks and even months of 16-hour days with no days off.)
      3. They don't want to move. (After their first few years, they're expected to move to Washington D.C. or elsewhere, and some don't want to move).

Comment

• Radio Raheem
        Radio Raheem commented
        Editing a comment
        @Wise135: You hit the nail on the head with these. I had the opportunity to spend 14 weeks with a couple of former USSS SAs and one former UD.

@camtheman77: These are the exact reasons for their exit. They also said that the service treats their people in a less than optimal manner, but no agency is going to ride or die for it's people 100 percent. As long as the promotions and checks keep coming, then you are ahead of a lot of people in this country. They (the former USSS guys) also said that they appreciate the once in a lifetime experience and history for which they were able to be present. Where else can you see royalty or meet foreign dignitaries? Where else can you witness treaties being signed?

Finally, from what I was told, the best resource you can have as an SA or UD is a supportive spouse. If your spouse is not 100% on board, then don't even consider applying. If they have the slightest reservation, then go elsewhere because they will add stress to an already stressful job. Think about it. How would you feel if you can home from traveling and working a week of 16 hour days and your spouse start "enthusiastically" expressing their concerns about your choice to join the USSS? How would you feel if your spouse gives you grief about missing your kids' recital, football game, spelling competition, quinceanera, etc? Again, MAKE SURE YOUR SPOUSE IS 1000% ON BOARD WITH THIS! The USSS doesn't need you thinking about what your spouse is doing when you're supposed to be protecting the Pope.

If you don't have a spouse and have no obligations to consider other than yourself, then jump on this opportunity and enjoy the experience.

• I had my poly last week and 2 days later received the BQA email. The examiner didn’t said if I Passed/Failed, just told me to wait 3-4 weeks for the results. I’m guessing that HQ reviewed it pretty quick or maybe it was something else.

Good luck to everyone.

Comment

• Sorry to hear that reformedsam, here's my experience so far.
        Exam-jul 2019-passed
        elac event- aug 2019-passed
        poly- sept 2019- i was not told if i passed or not, two days after the poly, i got call to take my drug screen. Hmm thoughts on this anyone? I have yet to hear back about the poly and its been over 30 days.
        Medical- oct 2019 passed.
        Home visit- i have not been contacted since doing my medical
        anyone have thoughts on my process? Thanks

Comment

• ReformedSam
          ReformedSam commented
          Editing a comment
          I did my drug test a day after the polygraph and had my medical already scheduled for this week, but the BQA came so haha.. I hope you get good news soon and keep moving forward.

• hmm interesting, I still have not received a BQA email or letter. I reached out to SS and they said my application is still active, not sure what to think at this point. I am trying to stay positive, I guess either I passed the Poly, or they just haven't sent out my BQA letter yet. Then again it's been over a month since I took my poly, no call to reschedule or a BQA yet.....

Comment

• bondman007
          bondman007 commented
          Editing a comment
          Same boat man, I'm coming up on 3.5 months since my poly with no word. Scheduled my medical and everything prior to scheduling my poly (ended up doing my medical the day after my poly back in June.) Never heard anything regarding pass/fail/reschedule. Every time I reach out to USSS (once a month now) all I get is my "application is under ajudicative review".

• interesting, oh well I guess we wait and see if anything takes off. Has your BI started or anyone contacted?

Comment

• bondman007
          bondman007 commented
          Editing a comment
          As far as I know, nope. Waiting on another agency to finish up their BI on me and will probably go with them

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5861 users online. 362 members and 5499 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X