Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess morale is dependent on who you speak to. Some say its the best job, some say its the worse. So i guess its what you make it. With all law enforcement there is ebs and flow.

Comment

• Spoke to HR, the rep said either tomorrow or Monday for the latest. She said it would be in email

Comment

• Kels Mind answering my question? Its a comment under your post on the last page.
        Former BPA, finally out , current 1811.

Comment

• Good Morning everyone. New here, though I have been reading through the comments. Not sure if anyone can answer a question for me. I am an SA applicant and have completed everything with the exception of the background investigation and home visit. I got no answer back on my poly (I took 2 within a 2 week timeframe) or my medical and both were completed back in May. I called the phone number on the job announcement which then directed me to send an email which I did and they replied back saying my stuff is in adjudication. I understand that is part of the process but I thought it was after the background investigation was completed? I was never told my background investigation started and everyone I know says they were never contacted by any investigators. Is this a normal thing? Wouldn't they need to do the BI before the application goes into adjudication?

Also, does anyone have a phone number I can call to talk to an actual person instead of having to send an email? It would be much easier.

Comment

• Lovetocamp
            Lovetocamp commented
            Editing a comment
            Im guessing you have to call your local field office maybe they can help you. Look it up on the secret service website.

• FishStix
            FishStix commented
            Editing a comment
            [message deleted]
            Last edited by FishStix; 08-14-2019, 06:01 PM.

• Striker44
            Striker44 commented
            Editing a comment
            wjm1327 excellent question. I am also “pending adjudication” but I also don’t have evidence my background investigation was done. No references were contacted. These two above answers are poor in my opinion. I wish someone could answer this one.

• triniboy05
            triniboy05 commented
            Editing a comment
            wjm1327 Striker44 there have been instances where background investigations were still ongoing while recruits were in training. There have been recruits who were let go as a result of things that popped up. Not common, but it has occurred That would be the best explanation to how you could be in adjudication without references being contacted.

As for a contact # - the most that anyone could provide would be to HR/Recruitment and they wouldn’t have any specific info except for if you’re in adjudication or not. Without revealing too much, your background potentially touches many investigators hands but with everything else, it’s compartmentalized information. Unless it’s the lead on the investigation (and he/she just forward the packet up), or the ‘final decision maker’, no one is privy to much apart from what stage you’re in.

Hope this clear as mud explanation helps a bit.

Former BPA, finally out , current 1811.

Comment

• Does anyone have an idea of when the next GL7 announcement will be out? I only have a bachelors and GS5 experience as a SGT in the Marines.

Comment

• newone22
              newone22 commented
              Editing a comment
              If you don’t mind sharing what locations were you offered?

• Got the call today! I wish everyone else the best of luck!!

Timeline:

Best Qualified Email - March 8th
            SAEE - March 11th
            SUPER - March 26th
            ELAC - May 10th
            Poly - June 26th
            Background Started - July 28th
            Home Interview/Background Complete - July 8th
            Medical - July 10th
            Drug - July 11th
            Medical Follow-up Complete - July 31st
            The Call - August 2nd

Comment

• Emrmed17
              Emrmed17 commented
              Editing a comment
              camtheman77 I was a dual applicant and actually offered the UD position and accepted, so no getting offered locations for that one!

• Radio Raheem
              Radio Raheem commented
              Editing a comment
              Wow! They are really pushing people through this process. This process is nothing like it was back in 2014. We were in the crock-pot. You guys are in the microwave.

No joke...there were people waiting months just to get from the SAEE to the SUPER Interview.

• Radio Raheem
              Radio Raheem commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh...Congratulations!!!

• Emrmed17
              Emrmed17 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you!!! It was definitely faster than I expected that’s for sure!

• camtheman77 yes you choose your duty station. You are give about 5 cities to choose from. U can make the choice right then and there or u can say u will csll beck the next day with ur choice. I called back the next day after discussing options with my family

Comment

• camtheman77
              camtheman77 commented
              Editing a comment
              thanks man! you are a wealth of knowledge!

• cyber_sa
              cyber_sa commented
              Editing a comment
              Kels To clarify, were the 5 duty station options based off a wish list you had previously submitted or asked about? Thanks.

• Kels have you received your email packet yet? Just trying to get an idea on when to expect it

Comment

• So I applied for the GS9 position that is open right now but havent heard a single thing. It does not seem like that is normal. Any thoughts

Comment

• Applied to the SA position two weeks ago. A week later received an email from USSS stating the application is under review. Today received a notification that my USA JOBS status is now "Referred".

Currently at a Fed job as a cyber security lead with a Master's degree and have prior LEO experience working for a large metropolitan city for three years. Let the slow and agonizing application process begin.

Applied: 7/27/2019

Comment

• cyber_sa the only list is the selections we made during the application process. But then again during that time we choose alot of places. So basically i think they offer the cities based on needs. Hence you will most likely have NYC, LA or SF in the options. U can always ask if a certain city is available.( closed mouths don’t get fed)

Comment

• cyber_sa
                    cyber_sa commented
                    Editing a comment
                    appreciate the info, thanks

• Hi guys,

New to your thread -- I've tried to go back and read thru, but some of the answers/information is dated, so I'm sorry if this is redundant.
                  What is the current morale like? Kels I realize you said it's ebs and flow, but overall does everyone have a generic feel? Also, I know it's been mentioned you can for the most part pick your first duty station, but will "hardly ever be there" as you travel abroad a great deal. It was my understanding that SA's are required to have 2 years of investigative experience in the service before working protection? Traveling abroad makes me think that's related to protection detail. Also -- does one have the option to specialize in the investigative side and not pursue protection details? I'm fairly along the process in several other agencies that while they may move you every few years to a different city, don't have as near as much travel which is what I'm looking for (the less travel). Didn't know if after putting in the time with USSS, if the option to keep with the investigative side exists. Just trying to paint a good picture, as while I am young, I do have a family and want to make the right decision.

Appreciate any insight and/or data you have all gathered that you can share.

Comment

• [message deleted]
                    Last edited by FishStix; 08-14-2019, 06:00 PM.

Comment

• triniboy05
                      triniboy05 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Jagger3939 Yup, In my very short time on, all of the above seems spot on. If travel is something you’re opposed to, you’re pretty much guaranteed to be traveling for at least the first 10 years of your career or so. You may be able to avoid it a bit more in phase 1 depending on what field office you’re in though.

• Appreciate the work related details FishStix triniboy05. Personally, while I'm definitely more interested in the aspect of supporting ECTF investigations due to my cyber background, I'm happy working protection as well as long as I can get at least some investigative experience also.

But I have ways to go in the process with lots of variables still pending. SAEE was fun though.

Applied: 7/27/2019
                    SAEE Passed: 8/7/2019

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7974 users online. 433 members and 7541 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X