300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .deleted .
    Last edited by bondman007; 06-14-2019, 04:05 PM.

Comment

• Reworded my resume to fit what they're looking for and reapplied. Maybe the 5th time is the charm.

Current GS9, LEO.
      Former BPA, finally out , current 1811.

Comment

• Applied 5/2019
        best-applicant/SAEE invite 6/2019
        passed SAEE 6/15/2019

Waiting on a SUPER call!

Comment

• Oh do I have news for my fellow “pending adjudication” vets. For anyone that’s ever called in this predicament I’m certain you received the ridiculous “adjudication can take many months and can take over a year” comment. I proceeded to tell them yes, I’m going on 15+ months and counting to which she readily stated as if it were on a flash card line 2 “yes it has taken up to three years before.” I’m paraphrasing.

Applied Jan 18. Now my attitude is much more relaxed towards the whole thing. I’m almost certain if I was not a veteran I would be in. This is based from reading here how non vets getting hired in less than 100 days.

Comment

• triniboy05
            triniboy05 commented
            Editing a comment
            There have been many vets hired in under a year.

Unfortunately it seems as though some fall through the cracks in these federal hiring processes.

• Thanks Trini. I do appreciate your optimism. Unfortunately I’m limited to information on this forum. According to this forum, any vet in adjudication, will stay in adjudication. No evidence of ever coming out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Striker44 View Post
          Oh do I have news for my fellow “pending adjudication” vets. For anyone that’s ever called in this predicament I’m certain you received the ridiculous “adjudication can take many months and can take over a year” comment. I proceeded to tell them yes, I’m going on 15+ months and counting to which she readily stated as if it were on a flash card line 2 “yes it has taken up to three years before.” I’m paraphrasing.

Applied Jan 18. Now my attitude is much more relaxed towards the whole thing. I’m almost certain if I was not a veteran I would be in. This is based from reading here how non vets getting hired in less than 100 days.
          This adjudication thing is ridiculous. No agency is busy to the point where they can’t hire/deny someone for 3 years, and if they use that excuse it’s because of a massive lack of productivity, motivation and/or personnel shortage, which are all out of the applicant’s control.

I’m seriously thinking about calling HR, telling them I’m no longer interested and starting again from square one just to see if it gets me farther the second time around.

P.S. triniboy05, brother, we in adjudication greatly appreciate the optimism however, it’s very easy for you to be positive and optimistic when you’re already on the job. The false motivation is becoming a bit cringe-worthy imo. Relinquish information as to:

1. How we can get in contact with the adjudication office.
          2. What EXACTLY adjudication is (because everyone DOES NOT go through the adjudicative review process contrary to popular belief).
          3. Why doesn’t anyone know anything? Is management really that horrible?

To boot, saying things like “Unfortunately it seems as though some fall through the cracks in these federal hiring processes” isn’t much helping anyone either. All that reveals to me is that ANOTHER USSS employee doesn’t know what’s going on and instead of a simple and true I DON’T KNOW you say things like “enter lame excuse as to why someone is in adjudication for 15 months here”. We’re tired of excuses brother. For many of us, talking to the few agents who are on this forum is shamefully the ONLY probable realistic information that we receive. That shouldn’t be the case.

I know that these issues have nothing to do with you exclusively brother, but when you come on this forum YOU are the Secret Service. Don’t be optimistic and hopeful, help us in this hiring purgatory.

In closing, I’ll take the time to address what some of you may be thinking:

YES, I AM COMPLAINING. If I’m not for myself... Who will be for me? If I’m not for others... what am I? Like many of you becoming a USSS 1811 is nothing short of a dream. I’ve put time and money into this process just like the rest of you to pursue a common goal and applicants being placed into adjudication with no descriptive reason, applicants being denied for vague reasons and a slew of other hiring issues just doesn’t sit right with me. Sorry not sorry *shrugs*. It will continue to proceed until we the applicants start to hold them accountable. EVERYONE working at USSS was an applicant at one point believe it or not. The process needs accountability and that’s what I demand. We’re not even employees yet and hasn’t USSS demanded accountability from us? Exactly. It’s a two way street. This is an issue across the board for federal hiring as a whole. I mean, they’re proposing to scrap OPM for Pete’s sake. What does that tell you?

Comment

• Radio Raheem
            Radio Raheem commented
            Editing a comment
            I get the frustration; however, the USSS is a relatively small agency that has to deal with a large number of applicants. There are a little over 7,000 employees and a vast majority of them are not involved with the application process. So there are a handful of people dealing with thousands of applicants. With limited resources, the agency has to carry out the mission first, then take time out of there protective and investigative schedules to do background investigations and polygraphs. The agency has to prepare for the 2020 elections, annual UN General Assembly, etc.

Just be patient and have more than one iron in the fire.

• Striker44
            Striker44 commented
            Editing a comment
            Deleted.....
            Last edited by Striker44; 06-29-2019, 09:58 AM.

• Originally posted by Eventual1811 View Post

This adjudication thing is ridiculous. No agency is busy to the point where they can’t hire/deny someone for 3 years, and if they use that excuse it’s because of a massive lack of productivity, motivation and/or personnel shortage, which are all out of the applicant’s control.

I’m seriously thinking about calling HR, telling them I’m no longer interested and starting again from square one just to see if it gets me farther the second time around.

P.S. triniboy05, brother, we in adjudication greatly appreciate the optimism however, it’s very easy for you to be positive and optimistic when you’re already on the job. The false motivation is becoming a bit cringe-worthy imo. Relinquish information as to:

1. How we can get in contact with the adjudication office.
          2. What EXACTLY adjudication is (because everyone DOES NOT go through the adjudicative review process contrary to popular belief).
          3. Why doesn’t anyone know anything? Is management really that horrible?

To boot, saying things like “Unfortunately it seems as though some fall through the cracks in these federal hiring processes” isn’t much helping anyone either. All that reveals to me is that ANOTHER USSS employee doesn’t know what’s going on and instead of a simple and true I DON’T KNOW you say things like “enter lame excuse as to why someone is in adjudication for 15 months here”. We’re tired of excuses brother. For many of us, talking to the few agents who are on this forum is shamefully the ONLY probable realistic information that we receive. That shouldn’t be the case.

I know that these issues have nothing to do with you exclusively brother, but when you come on this forum YOU are the Secret Service. Don’t be optimistic and hopeful, help us in this hiring purgatory.

In closing, I’ll take the time to address what some of you may be thinking:

YES, I AM COMPLAINING. If I’m not for myself... Who will be for me? If I’m not for others... what am I? Like many of you becoming a USSS 1811 is nothing short of a dream. I’ve put time and money into this process just like the rest of you to pursue a common goal and applicants being placed into adjudication with no descriptive reason, applicants being denied for vague reasons and a slew of other hiring issues just doesn’t sit right with me. Sorry not sorry *shrugs*. It will continue to proceed until we the applicants start to hold them accountable. EVERYONE working at USSS was an applicant at one point believe it or not. The process needs accountability and that’s what I demand. We’re not even employees yet and hasn’t USSS demanded accountability from us? Exactly. It’s a two way street. This is an issue across the board for federal hiring as a whole. I mean, they’re proposing to scrap OPM for Pete’s sake. What does that tell you?
          Eventual1811

1. I don’t know.
          2. As I’ve stated on multiple occasions - adjudication is simply the step where your packet is decided upon. Everyone DOES go through adjudication.
          3. Information is compartmentalized, if it’s not your function (i.e. adjudication), you’re not going to be privy to the practices/information.

Being an agent (or any employee for that matter) in the USSS doesn’t give you an all-access pass to the agency. I offer answers when I know them, and advice when solicited.

I understand your frustration, but don’t attack the messenger (whether agents on the forum or HR on the phone) as no one you encounter are the ones making the decision. Reacting in such a manner may push more of us away rather than prompt future responses, as we’re understandably busy as it is. How many agents do you hear from regularly here?

If my posts come across as “cringeworthy” positivity, I’m content with that as opposed to the adverse. I personally know those who have made it through after waiting years. Facts are facts - unfortunately some do slip through the cracks, I was simply blessed to not be one of them. Good luck in your process and possible academy down the line.
          Last edited by triniboy05; 06-20-2019, 11:04 AM.
          God never promised that it would be easy, just that he would be there with you every step of the way.

Comment

• Well in other news, my resume was finally accepted after doctoring it a little bit. Just got the email to take the SAEE. Still think its bull**** how every other agency took it just fine except for USSS.

I have a feeling I'll be stuck in adjudication forever if I get through this process too. With all my foreign travel, and military service. But at least I already have a DHS background investigation from 2018 so it might speed things up.

Comment

• Applied 5/2019
              best-applicant/SAEE invite 6/2019
              passed SAEE 6/15/2019
              super scheduled for 7/5/2019

Comment

• Lovetocamp
                Lovetocamp commented
                Editing a comment
                Do you get your results for the SAEE immediately? Im taking mine Wednesday.

• applicantof2019
                applicantof2019 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes!, computer immediately generates your pass or fail and I was also provided with a one-liner print out verification of my pass status. I was also sent an email (a few days later) from USSS affirming they had received my pass status.

• Lovetocamp
                Lovetocamp commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks buddy, I should be fine, went through the study guide and I did decent.

• applicantof2019
                applicantof2019 commented
                Editing a comment
                Good luck! Keep us posted! Where you out of?

• applicantof2019 I'm in Southwest border of Texas. Just took the SAEE, passed it. Way easier than that HSI test I took that I still don't have the results for lmao.

Comment

• Hey guys,

How soon after your SUPER interview you found out your results? I had mine today

Comment

• Lovetocamp
                Lovetocamp commented
                Editing a comment
                Based on what I've seen on this thread, it looks like 5 business days or less. Keep us posted. I have my SUPER soon as well, just passed my SAEE.

• bondman007
                bondman007 commented
                Editing a comment
                I can confirm, about 5 business days. Mine was a little longer due to weekends and federal holidays, but got the Conditional offer 8 days after the SUPER.

• FishStix
                FishStix commented
                Editing a comment
                Notification for passing your SUPER interview is normally 1-5 days.
                Last edited by FishStix; 06-28-2019, 02:02 PM.

• Anybody get a second chance at the Poly after getting an inconclusive? The examiner said it's possible since on paper I am strong candidate in his opinion and I filled out a statement requesting one, but wanted to know it's a realistic thing or not.

Also did anyone else get their results from the examiner right after the poly (pass fail inconclusive)? I didn't think they did that, so that through me off a little bit as well as the almost interrogation afterwards.

Comment

• Kels
                Kels commented
                Editing a comment
                I was told i have to take a second poly. After the first one he didnt say it was inconclusive, just said he has to send it up the chain. 10 days later he called and says,” he’s been authorized to give me additional testing “. However after the first one i didnt sign anything, he asked if i would be willing to take a second test if asked, obviously i said yes. I take the second test in 3 days

• I received the call

Comment

• DC_Vulcan
                DC_Vulcan commented
                Editing a comment
                wow congrats... fri afternoon?
                What choices?
                pm if you want...

• Factor V/Security interview tomorrow!!

Comment

• Applied March 2019
                Best qualified March 2019
                SAEE April 8 2019
                SUPER April 29 2019
                e-QIP submitted 6/20
                Factor V/Security Interview 7/1/2019

Process has been rolling along. Looks like they will be taking fingerprints and taking a photo tomorrow as well. Is the security interview when they are asking questions about my background information?

Comment

• triniboy05
                  triniboy05 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yup, that’s correct.

• ThegirlsonFIRE
                  ThegirlsonFIRE commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you triniboy05

• triniboy05
                  triniboy05 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You’re welcome. Make sure you clarify anything that you need to during the interview and things are consistent because this is the information that is used during the polygraph. Good luck with everything.

• ThegirlsonFIRE
                  ThegirlsonFIRE commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks! There were a few things that needed clarification but we straightened it all out.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10781 users online. 433 members and 10348 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X