Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• triniboy05 thanks for the info!

Comment

• I got the call! I submitted my two weeks notice and tomorrow was my last day at my current job. Yesterday I got a call that my job offer was rescinded. Now I am here begging for my current job back. I’ve emailed the person that send me the rescission letter asking for answers. I’ve called and left voicemail and haven’t heard back. The letter indicates something negative was found in my background however there was no explanation. Has this happened to anyone? Do any of you know where can I get answers?

I just dont understand why I would get a job offer without them completing my background check. Finding another job is not as easy as they make it seem.
      Last edited by Gunny18; 05-30-2019, 09:05 PM.

Comment

• DC_Vulcan
        DC_Vulcan commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow that is depressing!

• Quiet up in here...

Comment

• Originally posted by Gunny18 View Post
        I got the call! I submitted my two weeks notice and tomorrow was my last day at my current job. Yesterday I got a call that my job offer was rescinded. Now I am here begging for my current job back. I’ve emailed the person that send me the rescission letter asking for answers. I’ve called and left voicemail and haven’t heard back. The letter indicates something negative was found in my background however there was no explanation. Has this happened to anyone? Do any of you know where can I get answers?

I just dont understand why I would get a job offer without them completing my background check. Finding another job is not as easy as they make it seem.
        Any further word on your situation?

Comment

• Gunny18
          Gunny18 commented
          Editing a comment
          No. Other than I can request my records through Freedom of Information Act and Privacy Act Program” (FOIA/PA). Which I’m not sure how long that takes and how redacted those records will be. I honestly feel like there was a mistake made in my situation. Why would they hire someone without fully being 100% sure that they have cleared the background investigation when their requirements are so strict?

In reviewing the hiring process on the USSS website, the Background Investigation is completed prior to the Hiring Panel. “All Secret Service positions require completion of a full background investigation before appointment. The time frame for completion of a background investigation varies depending on the history of the applicant. Typically, a full background investigation takes approximately six to nine months to complete. During this period, various information is verified, including employment history, police records, credit history, school transcripts, neighborhood references and military records. Applicants must be able to obtain a Top Secret clearance. Applicants must pass an extensive pre-employment background investigation. Completion of a full investigation is required before appointment.”

• MAA
          MAA commented
          Editing a comment
          That’s heart wrenching I’m sure! Ouch! Yea the FOIA requests, from experience, take 4-8 weeks to process. Is your previous job able to keep you on?

• Gunny18
          Gunny18 commented
          Editing a comment
          MAA Thankfully my current job was able to give me my job back. Honestly they didn’t have too. They had already interviewed people that were more than qualified to replace me and would be willing to stay a lot longer than me.

• Anybody know how long it usually takes to get poly results? i.e, call for medical to start or to receive the dreaded BQA letter? Also anybody processing out of NY?

Comment

• Kels
          Kels commented
          Editing a comment
          I have no clue. I took my poly on the may 30th, heard nothing. Did my medical on june 4th. Not sure of their procedures of notification

• vtruy
          vtruy commented
          Editing a comment
          Kels , did they notice you via email or phone to setup the medical?

• Kels
          Kels commented
          Editing a comment
          So i got the call to scheduled my poly and a couple days after i got an email with my medical date. I didn't have an option of when i could do the medical. They just gave me a date. So basically i had two business days between poly and medical. I didnt hear anything back from the poly so i kept my fingers crossed and proceeded to do the medical.

• vtruy
          vtruy commented
          Editing a comment
          Kels hmmm thank you for the info! Goodluck to you! and I'll probably email udsupport if I don't get anything within a month.

• Has anybody here tried to negotiate to work for the FO where you interviewed? I heard someone say that USSS is trying to be more family-friendly, but someone else said they rarely offer you a job at the local FO. My local FO happens to be a place where there will be a lot of activity in the 2020 election year, so I think I could make an argument that I would be of use to the USSS right where I am.

Comment

• triniboy05
          triniboy05 commented
          Editing a comment
          You can’t necessarily negotiate, but you can ask if there are any spots available. I’ve heard it work for others.

• Hi all,
        I’m hoping someone here that’s been through the process could provide me a little insight. I have a few questions. I know the hiring process is competitive, but I wonder if someone could inform me of how competitive it is compared to other 1811 positions. I wonder if all applicants deemed qualified are invited to take the SAEE or if they reserve the test for the best qualified applicants. Additionally, I saw on the USSS website that if an applicant passes the SAEE they move on to the SUPER. And then if they pass the SUPER, they review a COE. I wonder if everyone who passes the SAEE moves onto the SUPER. And what percentage of people pass the SUPER and actually receive a COE? Once you receive a COE, is the rest “in your hands”?(poly, background, medical, etc.) If someone could clarify how the process progresses, the stages, etc. that would be awesome. Thanks and good luck to everyone in the process!
        Last edited by hopefulfed36; 06-06-2019, 01:28 PM.

Comment

• triniboy05
          triniboy05 commented
          Editing a comment
          The process is exactly how it’s outlined on the website. If you pass the SAEE, you automatically move onto SUPER. There’s no clear cut percentage with any agency to compare. The only portion “in your hands” is the written test (and PT if they’ve brought it back), otherwise you’re at the whim of others.

Just read through the thread and do some research online and come up with your own conclusions for your situation, good luck.

• triniboy05 gotcha, thanks for the help. I’ll continue to do some research and read through the thread. Lots of great info here

Comment

• So I recently took the polygraph, which I knew coming out of I did not do terribly great and a week later got a BQA. I was not informed I failed the poly but that’s what I assume happened? How long till I can reapply typically? It’s still a job I want and I know I got nothing in my background maybe next time I’ll have better luck.
          Last edited by Bca46; 06-09-2019, 11:00 PM.

Comment

• triniboy05
            triniboy05 commented
            Editing a comment
            You cannot reapply after failing the polygraph unless the notification stated otherwise.
            Last edited by triniboy05; 06-10-2019, 05:02 PM.

• Has anyone successfully made it out of a long term adjudication period? Like 6 months or more?

Comment

• Striker44
            Striker44 commented
            Editing a comment
            Noooope, 14 months adjudication and counting

• Migra1234
            Migra1234 commented
            Editing a comment
            Don't mean to one up you Striker but 18 months and counting!! I am a current federal LEO with a TS. This is CRAZY. I am a Vet.

• jberry811
            jberry811 commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm a vet also and currently in law enforcement as well. Best of luck, hopefully we can get some clarity moving forward.

• DC_Vulcan
            DC_Vulcan commented
            Editing a comment
            Adjud for 10mo now.

• My timeline:

Application: 2/22/19
          SAEE: 4/5/19
          SUPER: 4/10/19
          COE: 4/10/19
          Security Interview: 4/25/19
          Drug Test: 5/2/19
          Medical Exam: 5/9/19
          Polygraph: 5/14/19
          Medical Follow Up: 5/22/19

After I passed the SAEE the process was flying along, but things have slowed down a bit. Called TAD today and spoke to someone who was very helpful, told me me poly was still being reviewed as was my medical. I've seen some wildly varied time frames from everyone so I really have no idea when to expect to hear anything. No news is good news I guess.

Comment

• Radio Raheem
            Radio Raheem commented
            Editing a comment
            Damn, your process is moving extremely fast for ANY government agency! Dude, you've been spoiled..LOL. It hasn't even been a month yet. Just be happy that you will have completed your application in the same calendar year. I think it's safe to bet that you should be hearing something by the end of June/beginning of July. You may even make the first class of the new fiscal year. Good Luck!

• Menesesc83
            Menesesc83 commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh trust me, I am very aware that the process was moving fast and that it's crazy to expect it would keep going at that pace. I've seen some of the others in this thread still in adjudication for a 18 months and I'm prepared for that, but part of me hoped it would keep up on that ridiculous pace lol. Thanks, and I hope you're right and I hear something soon.

• applicantof2019
            applicantof2019 commented
            Editing a comment
            Where are you processing out of?

• Menesesc83
            Menesesc83 commented
            Editing a comment
            Central North Carolina.

• Hello gents,

I am former Army, 3 years civilian police and have an Associate's degree in CJ. Most recently I have been a sales manager for a team of 12 employees. I applied at the USSS for the SA position and received a "Best Qualified" rating from OPM. I was then invited to the take the SAEE and passed. A few days later I got an invite to a local ELAC session and passed the SUPER and security interview. I passed both and received a COE.

The experience was awesome and for those that are nervous shouldn't be as long as you are confident, prepared and know deep down why you want this job, aside from the pay or prestige. The Special Agents that I met with were amazing. I will say that I may have been overly prepared and probably reviewed my e-qip 30 times before submitting just to make sure I followed every instruction (first part of the test.)

My question is this: Has anyone received the call for FLETC with only an Associate's Degree for the SA position? The agents basically said despite a good background and resume, I'd be at the bottom of the list without a bachelor's degree and would be better off switching my paperwork to Uniformed Division until I finish my bachelor's and then transferring to SA.

Any thoughts or opinions?

Comment

• Radio Raheem
            Radio Raheem commented
            Editing a comment
            I would probably listen to the SAs if that is what they said to you. However, the website says that you must qualify for the GL-7 pay grade:

You qualify for the GL-07 level if you possess one of the following: A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with superior academic achievement (S.A.A.), which is based on class standing, grade-point average, or honor society membership; OR At least one full year of graduate level education (i.e. 18 semester hours); OR At least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GL-5 level. Specialized experience is defined as performing duties such as: assisting in opening and closing case files; conducting criminal name checks through various databases/electronic systems; experience writing non-technical reports, drafting responses to requests for information, and writing brief, informative or routine reports by gathering information, analyzing it and summarizing the results of findings to draw valid conclusions and to make sound recommendations; taking responsibility for own actions to meet deadlines; presenting specific, pre-determined information at meetings, conferences, or seminars as a representative of a work or academic group; OR A combination of specialized experience, as described above, and related graduate level education.

If you constructed your resume correctly, you would qualify with your police experience under this:

one year (you have 3 years) of specialized experience equivalent to the GL-5 level. Specialized experience is defined as performing duties such as: assisting in opening and closing case files; conducting criminal name checks through various databases/electronic systems; experience writing non-technical reports, drafting responses to requests for information, and writing brief, informative or routine reports by gathering information, analyzing it and summarizing the results of findings to draw valid conclusions and to make sound recommendations;

Here is where your managerial and current academic experience may apply:

taking responsibility for own actions to meet deadlines; presenting specific, pre-determined information at meetings, conferences, or seminars as a representative of a work or academic group

Don't be discouraged. You got this!

• I apologize in advance, I should have said "Ladies and Gents." Sorry!!

Comment

• Hello,

I had my Factor V April 25th.

After the Factor V, I was told I would be contacted to do the poly soon.

I haven't heard anything since. Comparing my timeline to others makes me weary.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Comment

• neutrode
              neutrode commented
              Editing a comment
              It doesn't hurt to send an email.

• Nedpepper2
              Nedpepper2 commented
              Editing a comment
              I sent an email to the SA who did my Factor V 2 weeks ago. He said I should hear something soon. Not sure what his definition of soon is.

• Anybody else have to fly down to USSS HQ to do their medical portion even though the local federal Building can do it? During my Factor V the other day, the SA said that the medical would be done at Occupational health in the building, but then I got an email saying USSS would be flying me down and putting me up in DC to do it.

Comment

• Menesesc83
              Menesesc83 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thats not a bad deal, I had to drive up 6 hours to USSS HQ and pay for own hotel overnight.

• bondman007
              bondman007 commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh I don't mean to come off as complaining, mainly asking out of curiosity if this is normal. Instead of costing the USSS practically nothing to do it at the federal Building an hour from me, now they're sending me all the way to DC on their dime.

• Menesesc83
              Menesesc83 commented
              Editing a comment
              Looks like it's normal from everything I've read.
              Last edited by Menesesc83; 06-14-2019, 03:15 PM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9903 users online. 467 members and 9436 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X