Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by 2019_Applicant; 05-23-2019, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Last edited by 2019_Applicant; 05-23-2019, 03:09 PM.

Comment

• 2019_Applicant Good luck, I hope you get the call and you accept the offer. I'm not sure which office you processed out of, but DC region has the fastest applicant processing timeline. So far, I am happy with my decision to join USSS, and the work is tiring but exciting at the same time. Every agent I have worked with so far have been helpful and pleasure to work with.

Comment

Last edited by 2019_Applicant; 05-23-2019, 02:50 PM.

Comment

• Talked to a contact who works in DC. He said OPM is very backed up 2 years, and that everyone gets adjudicated. He said almost everyone has to wait a year or 2, unless they're contacted to accelerate the process for certain reasons, like the person is deploying, or is best qualified. Explains why some people I applied with are already through the academy, and I'm still stuck.

Comment

Last edited by throwawayuser; 05-25-2019, 07:43 AM.

Comment

• So I received an email stating that I can retake my audiogram test again . If I choose not to do so I will be removed from the process. Im definitely taking it over again !!!! It just sucks when you are in law enforcement and you be around guns and shooting all the time that can affect your hearing.

Comment

Last edited by 2019_Applicant; 05-23-2019, 02:49 PM.

Comment

• triniboy05
      triniboy05 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats! Haven’t heard of anyone going to Boston from any of the recent classes, nice change of pace. Let me know when you’re heading to SAITC and FLETC so I can give you some tips.

• 2019_Applicant
      2019_Applicant commented
      Editing a comment

• Radio Raheem
      Radio Raheem commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't worry, throwawayuser. You'll get all the NYC you can stand come Sept, lol.

• Gunny18
      Gunny18 commented
      Editing a comment
      2019_Applicant when do you start FLETC?

• Originally posted by 2019_Applicant View Post
    GOT THE CALL!!

SA:

2/12 - Application received
    2/19 - Application review
    2/25 - Best Qualified notification
    3/04 - SAEE
    3/19 - SUPER / Factor V
    4/10 - Medical
    4/30 - Polygraph
    5/15 - Fingerprints + Photo
    5/16 - Home Interview
    5/22 - The Call! (99 days from application)

Offered 6 Field Offices

1) NYC
    2) LA
    3) SF
    4) Chicago
    5) Little Rock
    6) Boston

Choosing Boston which was my number 1 pick from the get-go.

I'm so happy and it is all still sinking in, goodluck to everyone here still in the process!
    Sick! Congrats!

Did they give a start date? How long do they give you to decide? Would you be able to defer to a later class?

Good luck thanks for sharing your TL.

Comment

• 2019_Applicant
      2019_Applicant commented
      Editing a comment

• Thriller
      Thriller commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL dang they erased themselves from the site

• Radio Raheem
      Radio Raheem commented
      Editing a comment
      (Mulder Voice) They weren't erased. They were...abducted!!! Somewhere out there, something is watching us. There are alien forces acting in ways we can't perceive. Are we alone in the universe? Impossible. When you consider the wonders that exist all around us. Voodoo priests of Haiti, Tibetan Numerologists of Appalachia. The unsolved mysteries of...unsolved mysteries. The truth...is out there! LOL

• DouglasDC-8
      DouglasDC-8 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ha haaaaaaa

Last edited by throwawayuser; 05-25-2019, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Last edited by throwawayuser; 05-25-2019, 07:42 AM.

Comment

• Hey everyone! my BI was submitted on May 10th and I was just curious to know if anyone up here can say how long it took before they heard anything regarding the next step?

Comment

• Originally posted by DC_Vulcan View Post
        Talked to a contact who works in DC. He said OPM is very backed up 2 years, and that everyone gets adjudicated. He said almost everyone has to wait a year or 2, unless they're contacted to accelerate the process for certain reasons, like the person is deploying, or is best qualified. Explains why some people I applied with are already through the academy, and I'm still stuck.
        Honestly man, that sounds like a load of crap and I’ll tell you why:

1. I’ve called OPM numerous times and each time they adamantly told me they they don’t adjudicate ANYTHING for the Secret Service. This adjudicative review process is internal to the Secret Service. Also, it doesn’t take 1-2 years to hire most people especially after doing ELAC. There are multiple people on this forum; one was hired as recently as two days ago; who have been hired in MONTHS. A single digit number of months...

2. “Contacted to accelerate the process for certain reasons, like the person is deploying, or is best qualified.” A person having to deploy will not get this job at the time of pre-deployment. There is absolutely no logical explanation to hire someone quickly just so they can deploy immediately. I mean, look at us. We’re both vets and have been stuck in “adjudication” for months. If this adjudicative review is only for veterans why would they be exempt? Also, if we’re this far in the process we ARE best qualified. We wouldn’t have gotten this far unless we weren’t. It’s the board’s decision to give the final decision if you’re the best qualified after weighing results of poly, medical, background etc., but in the interim we’re best qualified until we’re not.

3. No offense but I think your contact is like the rest of the individuals at USSS. He/she is afraid to say “ I DON’T KNOW”. Every time I talk to an agent, officer or human resources official they all give me a different answer on what exactly adjudication is. Human resources is the biggest problem in my judgement. I’ve received a different answer regarding the adjudication process from each person that I’ve spoken to in HR. Nobody knows anything, who to contact or what to do and most agents/officers that i’ve talked to don’t even have the slightest idea of what adjudication is. I actually spoke with an official who called it “adjudiFIcations”. It seems as though nobody knows what’s going on and it’s quite unprofessional. The USSS hiring process is backed up because of the blatant “I dont know” mentality and “we’ve always done it this way” regime.

I understand that there is a process for everything but this is passed ridiculous. I applied May of 2018 and finished EVERYTHING in September. My package SAT for two months until it went to adjudication. And alas, here I am. All of this time waiting and we’re not even guaranteed a position.... End rant, lol.

Comment

• Striker44
          Striker44 commented
          Editing a comment
          You articulated my similar sentiment. The only difference is I applied even earlier (Jan 2018). I agree, something is off with this “pending adjudication.”

• triniboy05
          triniboy05 commented
          Editing a comment
          It’s been stated (by me and others) prior, adjudication is simply the stage where you’re packet is being judged/decided upon. In terms of why some people seemingly fall through the crack, that’s a mystery in and of itself but I don’t think anyone can really answer why it happens. It’s the nature of hiring processes, it happens in every agency unfortunately.

Case in point; myself and 2 others were at the same PFT during the FBI process. I chose USSS And tabled my FBI app (I’ve since graduated and am on the job). 1 friend was hired and just graduated the academy. The next friend, to this day, is still waiting to hear post adjudication.
          Last edited by triniboy05; 05-25-2019, 01:09 PM.

• Striker44
          Striker44 commented
          Editing a comment
          @triniboy I would like to believe you but it does not take a year to simply “decide” on a person or not. Pending adjudication for over a year is indicative there is very little review occurring at all (in my opinion). If I could do it all over again, I would not have expressed I am a veteran in my application. Again, this is just from personal observation.

• triniboy05
          triniboy05 commented
          Editing a comment
          Striker44 True, I empathize with your frustration, try not to internalize it is all I’m saying. Getting frustrated over hiring processes doesn’t do much good. I understand I can’t exactly relate, and I feel sorry for anyone in your shoes. I’m a firm believer that everything happens for a reason though, keep applying until something sticks.

• Timeline so far:

3/25/2019 - UDEE
        3/25/2019 - UDEE PASS
        4/19/2019 - ELAC (Super, Security, & CJO)
        4/19/2019 - ELAC PASS
        5/21/2019 - Poly (Verbal pass)

Just waiting game now. Guy told me I passed but it’s up to the higher ups now. Not gonna get my hopes up too much now just in case it comes back that I’m no longer eligible as I’ve seen it happens to others.

Comment

• Hi guys,
          I have a question regarding SA work schedules. First of all, I understand it is a demanding work schedule. For agents who are not yet on full time protection detail, how crazy is the work schedule? Is it a relatively “normal” schedule while working investigations until a protection assignment comes up? How often do protection assignments come up? Any insight is appreciated!

Comment

• triniboy05
            triniboy05 commented
            Editing a comment
            It’s dependent on your field office, and what squad you’re in. Field offices like WFO and NYFO are protection heavy, whereas Atlantic City may be more consistent.

That being said, (on paper) it’s a regular 10 hours a day (LEAP included) work week with weekends off.
            Last edited by triniboy05; 05-29-2019, 10:32 PM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9837 users online. 474 members and 9363 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X