Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by skunkworks View Post
    Woohoo, passed TEA.
    Good job Skunk. As the SAC told me during my initial interview after passing the TEA, "Quite frankly, you have just gotten through one of the biggest hurdles."

Comment

• Got a call yesterday that I needed to correct a few things on my SF-86. i did so and resbmitted it today. Good sign. She said she is working on panel iterviews (dates) as we speak. I hope it includes me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bham SA Hopeful View Post
        Good job Skunk. As the SAC told me during my initial interview after passing the TEA, "Quite frankly, you have just gotten through one of the biggest hurdles."
        Words of encouragement! I love it, thanks man. I received an e-mail stating that I passed. It also said that I will be contacted by the FO for further processing. Any ideas on how long that takes, or should I give a jingle to the wonderful AC?

Comment

Words of encouragement! I love it, thanks man. I received an e-mail stating that I passed. It also said that I will be contacted by the FO for further processing. Any ideas on how long that takes, or should I give a jingle to the wonderful AC?
          Nah, they will contact you. It might be a few weeks though. You will most likely have your initial interview with the SAC or ASAC and remember they are both very busy individuals and out of the office a good bit. I got notification that I passed the TEA on 5/13/09, received my invite to the initial interview with the SAC on 5/26/09, and had the initial interview on 5/28/09. During my initial interview he went ahead and gave me the BI packet to fill out. I spent about a week and a half making sure I had everything just so on there. FYI, the AC gave me a printed out packet and then he went and got a disc for me with all the forms in electronic format and told me to mail the disc back when I mailed in my forms. He said to never turn in anything hand written if at all possible. He said that even something as minor as taking the time to type is huge in this process. If they give you a stack of forms, you might want to inquire about electronic copies so you can type it up. Just my two cents. Anyway, I received my conditional offer on 6/8/09 and my invitation to the panel on 7/9/09. That is currently where I stand. The good ole panel is next Tuesday.

Comment

• How long was your initial interview?

What was it like?

Comment

How long was your initial interview?

What was it like?
              I was there for around 2.5 hours.

The interview itself was much like any other interview you have ever had. Explaining what the job is....How important it is.....The sacrifices your family has to make. Just prepare like you would for any other interview. Study up on the Service just like you would another company you would be going in the door for. Take notes. Ask pertinent questions. Sit up straight. Give a firm hand shake. Look the interviewer in the eye when either of you are speaking. Where a dark suit with a white shirt and a non-power color for a tie. The interviewer will be dressed to impress. Mine wore a bright and bold red (power) tie and had cuff links in his shirt. I was very impressed and a little intimidated, so if he was silently passing along the idea that he was in control, I got the message. You know, just all of the normal j*** about interviews. Most importantly be yourself. Remember that for all intents and purposes most of these guys have become human lie detectors over the years, so they can see through you if you are portraying yourself as something that you are not. I have confidence in you Skunk. You will do great and walk out of that office with one more step behind you and as pumped about the job as you have ever been.

Comment

• I got "the call"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think some more should start going out early next week. For the few of you at this stage, I hope your wait is almost over. Good luck to you all.
                USSS
                02/02/09- Applied

Comment

• Oh.... I check, but am not registered on 911 job forums. If someone would let them know over there that calls might be going out would be great.
                  USSS
                  02/02/09- Applied

Comment

• Originally posted by TennDet View Post
                    I got "the call"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think some more should start going out early next week. For the few of you at this stage, I hope your wait is almost over. Good luck to you all.
                    congrats!

I hope you are right about next week...im waiting.

if i may ask, how many locations where u offered?
                    Last edited by Maswood22; 07-17-2009, 06:16 PM.

Comment

• Just two, but was happy with what I got
                      USSS
                      02/02/09- Applied

Comment

I got "the call"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think some more should start going out early next week. For the few of you at this stage, I hope your wait is almost over. Good luck to you all.
                        Awesome!! Congrats!! What's your EOD and FLETC date?

Comment

• Start next month and FLETC in Sept.
                          USSS
                          02/02/09- Applied

Comment

• Got "The Call"...

Looks like TennDet and I will be meeting in Georgia soon...

CJSSA2B,

if you will please update me!

Good luck to everyone still in the process.

Comment

Start next month and FLETC in Sept.
                              Wow, you have got to have, hands down, the fastest timeline I've ever seen. 6 months flat from application to the call?? Amazing! Well done.

Comment

• so tried searching around the forum but found nothing. how big of an impact can your credit score have on you as far as applying? i was talking to a security guard a few weeks ago and told me he couldn't join LAPD due to his credit score which he stated wasn't all that bad. he said he also has a bachelors in criminal justice.

i have decent credit even though twice i had to pay an overdraft fee for spending more than what was in my account. im just afraid the SS wouldn't accept me just because of a minor issue or two with my credit. opinions would be greatly appreciated!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9963 users online. 512 members and 9451 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X