Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those of you who are in the final process for SS, I’ll look for your lateral application in 3-5 years.

We've got a LOT of local SS agents asking about laterals...good luck all.

Comment

• Radio Raheem
      Radio Raheem commented
      Editing a comment
      The job may be right for some and not so much for others. The general consensus is about a 3 out of 10 regarding the agency overall.

• ifineed2
      ifineed2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Radio at the academy there are so many who are excited about it. Go to the field offices and so many want info about lateral openings. It’s a tough gig. Best of luck.

• DC_Vulcan
      DC_Vulcan commented
      Editing a comment
      Thats if we ever get out of adjudication.

Last edited by 2019_Applicant; 05-23-2019, 03:10 PM.

Comment

• vtruy
      vtruy commented
      Editing a comment
      Where'd you take it? I'm taking mine in a couple weeks! Any tips?

• 2019_Applicant
      2019_Applicant commented
      Editing a comment

• ontherunn
      ontherunn commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, SA seems like an insanely fast hiring process, unless it gets held up in the later stages

• 2019_Applicant
      2019_Applicant commented
      Editing a comment

Comment

• triniboy05
      triniboy05 commented
      Editing a comment
      DC_Vulcan are you 100% sure you cleared medical and everything else? If so, I can’t really speak for why your decision is taking so long. Have you spoken with your BI at all? I was hired in 6 months from date of application submittal.

• 2019_Applicant
      2019_Applicant commented
      Editing a comment

• DC_Vulcan
      DC_Vulcan commented
      Editing a comment
      triniboy05 The BI from my FO told me it was done, and yes my medical cleared fine. I've talked to him, and he said I should have heard something by now and he doesn't know what's going on. It's been 1 yr 3 mo+

• 2019_Applicant
      2019_Applicant commented
      Editing a comment

Comment

• Radio Raheem
      Radio Raheem commented
      Editing a comment
      Good luck!

• PA_Ed
      PA_Ed commented
      Editing a comment
      2019_Applicant I am impressed reading your timeline with the SS, they are my dream agency. May I ask, what is your background/experience like? Upon graduation from college in 2017, I was nearly hired for UD, since then I have submitted five applications in a 2 year span and everyone of them has been denied. Thank you sir.

• 2019_Applicant
      2019_Applicant commented
      Editing a comment
      Last edited by 2019_Applicant; 05-23-2019, 03:11 PM.

• PA_Ed
      PA_Ed commented
      Editing a comment

• Hi All,

I recently received my conditional offer for the Criminal Investigator / Secret Service position. One day later, I received an email containing the following:

"Congratulations! You are tentatively eligible and invited to attend an upcoming United States Secret Service Entry Level Assessment Center (ELAC) employment event. The Entry Level Assessment Center (ELAC) event will expedite the processing of your application for the Criminal Investigator (Special Agent) position"

I follow the forum on a daily basis but have yet to come across something like this. Does anyone know anything about the ELAC step?
    Thanks!

Comment

• Radio Raheem
      Radio Raheem commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe they will conduct a number of steps in the hiring process in one or two days instead of months at a time. If that is the case then I would jump on it. Time is something you can't get back. However, to get some clarity, I would speak with HR.

• Radio Raheem
      Radio Raheem commented
      Editing a comment
      So my guess is right. The ELAC is portions of the hiring process done at one location in about 2 days. The Panel Interview, Fingerprints, Security Interview and sometimes the poly are completed at this step. From what I remember from reading this thread, you pay for travel and lodging. If you can afford to do the ELAC, I would do it. The goal is to shorten your application process to about 4 to 5 months.

• Lone-ranger
      Lone-ranger commented
      Editing a comment
      It's mentioned several times throughout the thread....you can use the search bar up top and find loads of info on the ELAC. I too recommend going because you can knock out many steps. Some lucky people have even completed their polygraphs at the ELAC....obviously not many people can do that due to time constraints.

• triniboy05
      triniboy05 commented
      Editing a comment
      I was hired through ELAC. I conducted my panel interview and security interview there, then just had to complete my poly and medical afterward. I imagine it sped my process up as I received the call within 5 months following my application.

• I applied back in late october for the GS-07 application. I'm a GS-9 now, and after 7 months..... I got denied! This is the second time now, what the hell am I doing wrong filling this application out?

I'm submitting my SF-50 and my transcripts and I qualify through both experience and education. If the FBI and DEA take me for a GS-10/GS-09 why can't these clowns do the same?
    Current BPA. LET ME OUT!!

Comment

• Lone-ranger
      Lone-ranger commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL just take it as a sign and move on. Unless you would prefer USSS over FBI or DEA...

• Radio Raheem
      Radio Raheem commented
      Editing a comment
      Just move on (calm voice). It probably has nothing to do with you or your credentials. You might be dodging a bullet (no pun intended).

• Lovetocamp
      Lovetocamp commented
      Editing a comment
      If the FBI and DEA are taking my resume for a higher GS levels then it has to be right. Same with the pre-screen questions. I'm specifically putting the bullet for the GS-07 and saying that's the lowest I'll take (can't go any lower).

I just want every possible agency to take my application and be in the process. This is the last one aside from the Marshals but they did the same thing. I'm just more ****ed that it took 7 months to be denied when others who applied are at the polygraph stage by now.

• Radio Raheem
      Radio Raheem commented
      Editing a comment
      Dude, they did that to me a year and 3 months after I finished the entire process. And get this...they emailed me again a year later with the same BQA message. There is no rhyme or reason most of the time. All you can do is apply, respond, and keep multiple irons on the fire. Anyway, from what I hear about this agency, it's probably best you didn't get hired.

• Still.In.Adjudication....... This is ridiculous. Called the hotline last Friday and was told that ONLY veterans are placed in this adjudicative review and it’s to make sure that the agency follows protocol before hiring/denying a veteran. I was finished EVERYTHING last September. Bruhhhhh lol.

Comment

• DC_Vulcan
      DC_Vulcan commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here, but its been almost a year and a half since I started, and adjud for 8mo now.

• 2019_Applicant
      2019_Applicant commented
      Editing a comment

• Radio Raheem
      Radio Raheem commented
      Editing a comment
      Not a vet, but limbo is common for civilians and vets.

• DC_Vulcan
      DC_Vulcan commented
      Editing a comment
      I was told by the lady on the hotline that because Im a Vet I'm in adjudication.

• Hi all, I have a question regarding the SA position. I have read all over this forum that morale is very low for USSS 1811s and that having any family life is extremely difficult. I have also read that the culture in the agency has been rather negative. However, I have read that the agency is making a push to become more employee friendly and to create a better work life balance. I wonder what the current state of the agency is for a SA. Has the position become more desirable or is there still a very high attrition rate? Any info you all could provide would be awesome.
    Thanks!

Comment

Comment

• 2019_Applicant
      2019_Applicant commented
      Editing a comment

• Lone-ranger
      Lone-ranger commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, congratulations on getting through the pipeline so quickly. I too agree with the earlier comment to PFT and poly with FBI, but as is indicated in your response, if you plan to stick with USSS for a while then it doesn’t make sense to do it now. If you would leave USSS for FBI then I’d say do it now.

• 2019_Applicant
      2019_Applicant commented
      Editing a comment
      Last edited by 2019_Applicant; 05-23-2019, 03:12 PM.

• Lone-ranger
      Lone-ranger commented
      Editing a comment
      Ahhh you know what, I totally forgot about the new CSA. Yeah you’re doing the right thing then.

Last edited by throwawayuser; 05-25-2019, 07:44 AM.

Comment

• Just submitted my e-QIP which I'm glad is over! Luckily most of my information was already up there from previous BI checks. I'm in the Richmond VA. area is there anyone in the forum doing the SA process out of VA? Seems like the process is moving pretty fast so far they must be in dire need to be moving so fast. Crossing my fingers! Oh and FBI phase 1 test is on Monday the 13th of May! Does anyone think the FBI test is harder than the SAEE?

Comment

Comment

• triniboy05
      triniboy05 commented
      Editing a comment
      Unless something changed in the last year, first move is on you.

• Menesesc83
      Menesesc83 commented
      Editing a comment
      I was also told during my SUPER that the first move was on me.

• throwawayuser
      throwawayuser commented
      Editing a comment

• throwawayuser
      throwawayuser commented
      Editing a comment

• On a previous announcement from 9/18 under Appointment type it was listed as “permanent”. Under the last announcement that just closed last week under Appointment type it was listed as “Temporary-initial appointment is in the Excepted Service”. Can anyone translate the difference?

Also under the latest announcement there was a section that read “recruitment incentives may be available depending on an applicants qualifications”. This wasn’t on the 9/18 announcement. Does anyone know what that’s about?

thanks in advance!

Comment

• Lone-ranger
      Lone-ranger commented
      Editing a comment
      I haven’t looked at the announcement so I’m just speculating, but it sounds like they are using a Schedule B hiring authority. For those appointments, you have to be hired as an excepted service employee before being converted to competitive service. Typically in 3 years

• throwawayuser
      throwawayuser commented
      Editing a comment

• 2019_Applicant
      2019_Applicant commented
      Editing a comment

Comment

• Got an email the other day stating I was no longer being considered for the position. I took my polygraph about a month ago and was told I didn't pass or fail but would be sent to HQ. I was never contacted or sent a letter advising a pass or fail just that email stating I was no longer being considered. I'm assuming it was a fail, oh well what more can I do other than add my name to the list of people who despise the stupid polygraphs and their unreliability.

Comment

• DC_Vulcan
      DC_Vulcan commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry dude. If it's what you want to do, you could always go again.

• iceman241211
      iceman241211 commented
      Editing a comment
      After reading everyone's posts on the morale of the agency and considering my wife is currently pregnant and due in September it might be best I didn't get it. I still have a pending application in as a Special Agent with the IRS as well as one as a US Postal Inspector so still some hope at least lol.

• triniboy05
      triniboy05 commented
      Editing a comment
      Try FBI too, they’re on a big push as well.

• iceman241211
      iceman241211 commented
      Editing a comment
      ok thanks I will do that

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7491 users online. 402 members and 7089 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X