X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mark06ls2
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2017

Just got this email:

This is to advise you of the action taken on your application for the CRIMINAL INVESTIGATOR (SPECIAL AGENT) position, Job Opportunity Announcement Number SA-JS002-18, with the
    United States Secret Service.

We are fortunate to have many best-qualified applicants apply for this position; however, after careful consideration, I regret to inform you that
    you are no longer being considered for this position.

Thank you for your interest in the United States Secret Service. We wish you success in your future employment endeavors.

I was "supposed" to finish up my medical portion on Wednesday. So I'm not sure what knocked me out of it. Good luck to everyone else!

Comment

• wannabeleo33
      Forum Member
      • Aug 2018

Was it your poly?

Comment

• mark06ls2
        Forum Member
        • Nov 2017

I took 2 polygraphs and proceeded to medical so it shouldn't be. No clue. Maybe I had some overdue library books from elementary school or something??

Comment

• Gunny18
          Gunny18 commented
          Editing a comment
          mark06ls2 What did they tell you after the poly? Did they tell you that you passed or failed? Also had they completed your background investigation?
      • Abarrios14
        Forum Member
        • Jun 2018

Anyone know why the announcements say temporary now? Also, why are there so many locations available?

Comment

• wannabeleo33
          Forum Member
          • Aug 2018

Does anyone know if government shutdown will effect the secret service?

Comment

• DC_Vulcan
            DC_Vulcan commented
            Editing a comment
            I asked a friend who is GS13 and he said that due to budget not being approved, directorates cannot proceed with hiring on. So unfortunately we have to wait till January... or longer, depending on if a budget is passed.

• wannabeleo33
            wannabeleo33 commented
            Editing a comment
            @DC_vulcan

So what about the people who are already hired on. I was supposed to start on Wednsday. Does that mean that I do not go in. I havent received any phone calls stating not 2.

• DC_Vulcan
            DC_Vulcan commented
            Editing a comment
            Congrats, I'm jealous! You should just go in, most everyone is still working, just getting paid later maybe.
        • DC_Vulcan
          SA Applicant
          • Apr 2018

How long are the results good for? I started hiring process in January 18, and am still waiting in adjudication, but am about to hit my 1-yr in a month. Will all the work I did become null at that point? (Eye exam, physical, written test results, Poly, etc)

Comment

• wannabeleo33
            Forum Member
            • Aug 2018

DC_Vulcan

​​​​​​​So I was in your boat a couple years ago. I've only taken one written test, initial interview.

what I had to do again was the eye exam, physical, medical due to it being over six months. I've only taken one poly.

your SAEE, UD and test should all still be good.

Comment

• DC_Vulcan
              DC_Vulcan commented
              Editing a comment
              Ok good to know, thanks...

• jberry811
              jberry811 commented
              Editing a comment
              Is Adjudicative Review indicative of a passing poly or not necessarily?

• DC_Vulcan
              DC_Vulcan commented
              Editing a comment
              I was told I passed it, so I don't think so. I was told that Veterans undergo the process, but Idk why.
          • wannabeleo33
            Forum Member
            • Aug 2018

They are not placing the application on hold status. They are still processing.

Comment

• DC_Vulcan
              DC_Vulcan commented
              Editing a comment
              What do you mean? Who're /what're you replying to?

• Gunny18
              Gunny18 commented
              Editing a comment
              When does your training at FLETC start?
          • WilliamB275
            Forum Member
            • Dec 2018

Does anyone have any tips or advice for the application for the SA position. I have applied twice haven't been referred. I have 7 years in LE with investigations experience. I've even tweaked by resume. Just looking for some advice.

Comment

• urdoc88
              urdoc88 commented
              Editing a comment
              I would focus on working on your resume and writing in detail all your experiences.

• triniboy05
              triniboy05 commented
              Editing a comment
              Consider how you’re answering the questionnaire in the application as well.
          • marathon
            Forum Member
            • May 2016

I took my SAEE test at the end of November and they gave me a sheet saying I passed, but I have not heard anything from the SS. Is anyone in the same situation? Is hiring on hold with the shutdown?

Comment

• Liz7171
              Forum Member
              • Dec 2018

Hi guys, I will be attending the UD ELAC in a couple of weeks. Can anyone shed any light on what I should expect? I know that I will undergo a panel and security interview. I just want to make certain that I am adequately prepared. Thank you!

Comment

• DC_Vulcan
                DC_Vulcan commented
                Editing a comment
                you have 1044 pages of forum to catch up on. xD

• Liz7171
                Liz7171 commented
                Editing a comment
                I noticed! Lol

• Gunny18
                Gunny18 commented
                Editing a comment
                We can’t talk about the questions you will be asked. All I can say is to be prepared like any other job interview. The security interview just goes over the application you filled out. Good luck!

• Liz7171
                Liz7171 commented
                Editing a comment
                They canceled the ELAC for tomorrow due to the prolonged government shutdown. :|
            • fedmunds2
              Banned
              • Mar 2017

How long does it take to get your polygraph results back ?

Comment

• Gunny18
                Gunny18 commented
                Editing a comment
                I got mine within 2 weeks. The first time around I had not heard back so i called the field office and they gave me another number to call. I left a message on that number and got a call the following day.
            • salsaeed19
              Sam199
              • Jan 2019

I got this email message while I was going through my background investigation;

"We are fortunate to have many best-qualified applicants apply for this position; however, after careful consideration, I regret to inform you that you are no longer being considered for this position.

Thank you for your interest in the United States Secret Service. We wish you success in your future employment endeavors."

I went through all the initial hiring process (Started November 2018 till Jan 2019). I never got an email about my poly exam but when I had a at home interview, I was advised that If I had not passed my poly exam, they would not be conducting the at home interview.

I have a prior medical issue that has be resolved. I had an appointment setup to provide medical clearance report.

But, I just received an email following two missed calls from a private number informing me that I am no longer being considered.

I am not sure what went wrong. Why did I receive this email? Is it just because they have better qualified applicants? In case, if there was something (I highly doubt this) wrong in my background investigation, then why did my investigator not contact me for an explanation?

I am currently a LEO GS-12.

Does anyone have had a similar experience? Or does anyone know anything about this? I really want to be an SA with USSS and at the moment I feel really bad about being not considered for an employment. I will appreciate a feedback.
              Last edited by salsaeed19; 01-19-2019, 06:06 AM.

Comment

• Albrey
                Albrey commented
                Editing a comment
                salsaeed19, I didn't mean to get your feathers riled up. I just had the same experience. I am an attorney & I would NEVER comment on ANYTHING that I have signed a CA on. Questions of this nature (inquiring into bulk email sent out re: our job status) not fall into that category. We are ALL confused at this point and I pray that your situation works out. Godspeed my brother and "keep on keeping on"

• Radio Raheem
                Radio Raheem commented
                Editing a comment
                Same thing happened to me back in 2015-16. I completed the entire process and they just gave me a foot in the hindpots and no further explanation. Such is the Service. just keep other irons in other fires. Also, i think FBI is currently hiring for special agents.
            • salsaeed19
              Sam199
              • Jan 2019

Albrey I understand what you mean. It is indeed very confusing. I was told that it is likely due to lack of funding. And yes, all the best to you as well brother. "Never give up"

Comment

• salsaeed19
                Sam199
                • Jan 2019

Radio Raheem I understand. It can be very frustrating but we should never give up. FBI would be nice only if they told us where are we going to be assigned initially before getting hired. Now, with USSS as an SA they assign you to your field office for 5 years before sending you to DC for 6 year, and then wherever you like to go.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17196 users online. 20 members and 17176 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...