Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been going through the process for a few months now. Had MY SUPER interview at the beginning of the month. Was told I'd hear one way or another after 10 business days. It's been 3 weeks now.
    Should I be patient or inquire about it? Trying to be patient but it's so hard on me and family. Don't know whether to put house on market or apply elsewhere or what.

EDIT: TY for advice. I'll see what happens... Just really want this job.
    Last edited by DC_Vulcan; 04-26-2018, 02:25 PM.

Comment

• jfkae
      jfkae commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you talking about the SUPER panel interview or home interview? If it is the SUPER, I’d say it’s a bit premature to put your house on the market. You could always call the SA applicant helpline and speak to someone. They might tell you to keep waiting though.

• Fraud Investigator
      Fraud Investigator commented
      Editing a comment
      Based on my experience, do not jump the gun and get overconfident with the process. A conditional offer doesn't mean much at all. You can make it through the entire process, and then they still may not possibly offer you a job. Keep living your life normally and, again, don't get overconfident during the process. Good luck.

• DC_Vulcan
      DC_Vulcan commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks like I passed the SUPER. Pretty stoked about it, and now cranking out the 86 (slowly).

Jan 18 Applied
      Feb 18 Referred, SAEE Test
      Mar 18 SAEE Pass
      Apr 18 SUPER
      May 18 SUPER Pass, COE, Start SF86

• Hey all, first time poster.

ELAC this weekend, for SA. Any tips? What is done? How long I should expect? I read they give the COE after if it all goes well?

Comment

• Well that was a fun four hours... and now time to wait for bqa letter lol.

Comment

• jfkae
        jfkae commented
        Editing a comment
        Lone-ranger Thanks you too! Hope we hear back soon regardless of the outcome.

• MitnaSean
        MitnaSean commented
        Editing a comment
        Don't tell me, but if he said you failed, then you probably failed. If you were inconclusive, then its up in the air. If you passed, then its up in the air lol... guess the whole thing is up in the air HAHA. Who knows...

• Lone-ranger
        Lone-ranger commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol it’s up in the air until you get off probation in my opinion.

• jfkae
        jfkae commented
        Editing a comment
        Which by the way, I'm sure it said 3-4 years on the announcement.

• I did my medical mid March and the Poly early April, if you make it through to the BI, anyone know if they contact you prior to it beginning or just when they need to meet with you to do their background interview?

April 2017 - Applied
      December 2017 - SAEE
      February 2018 - INTERVIEW
      March 2018 - SI
      March 2018 - Medical
      April 2018 - Poly

Comment

• MitnaSean
        MitnaSean commented
        Editing a comment
        Every FO Is different. It seems most contact you prior and have the home interview before.

• Trek007
        Trek007 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, I figured as much since it seemed like everyone has had a different rate or schedule depending on the FO. So they typically do the home interview prior to the BI?

• AppState
        AppState commented
        Editing a comment
        Trek I had a "BI/security interview" then had my poly and medical, then had my "home interview." My BI is still ongoing AFAIK.

I think the order just depends on the resources available to the FO, because my BI isn't the agent I met during my security interview.

• Trek007
        Trek007 commented
        Editing a comment
        AppState, thanks for the info.

• Dallas FO:

Applied January 2018
      SAEE: March
      SUPER: Pending

How long for SUPER?

Current FED LEO
      Last edited by IzZy D2017; 05-04-2018, 04:58 AM.

Comment

• DC_Vulcan
        DC_Vulcan commented
        Editing a comment
        You wen't through Dallas, which does things different than smaller offices or Resident Agencies, as they're larger and have those big hiring events. I was scheduled within around a week of passing. But it's up to your office you applied to; if theyre busy, you're on backburner.

• Applied Jan 2018
      already had a passing SAEE
      super: February 2018
      poly: March 2018
      medical: March 2018
      in home interview: April 2018
      background investigation: all was done via phone, last contact April 2018

waiting for final offer call.

Comment

• IzZy D2017
        IzZy D2017 commented
        Editing a comment
        Abe,

Thanks for update.

• MitnaSean
        MitnaSean commented
        Editing a comment
        How do you know your BI was all done via phone and how do you know your BI is actually complete? I was under the impression that the final offer call indicated the BI was done and there is an academy date. BTW - I too am in the BI phase

• DC_Vulcan
        DC_Vulcan commented
        Editing a comment
        Abe,
        What's the SITREP for you?
        Also want to know length of time for BI.

• AppState
        AppState commented
        Editing a comment
        Mitna,

I believe there is a set time frame the BIs must be done in. (Whether that's 4/6/8/etc weeks, I don't know)

After that, the packet goes to sit on a desk in DC until the final review panel makes their selections.

While I don't know about the USSS specifically, I do have friends that sat in the final review section of their hiring process for other agencies nearly 2 years before getting "the call."

• Applied: January 2018
      SAEE: March 2018
      ELAC: March 2018
      Medical: April 2018
      Polygraph: May 2018
      Baclkground: May 2018
      Last edited by urdoc88; 05-26-2018, 08:34 AM.

Comment

• antone12
        antone12 commented
        Editing a comment
        Were you hired? What's your background?

• Does anyone know how long the recently implemented continuing service agreement is?

Comment

• Disregard.... abcdefg
        Last edited by gijoeavila; 05-10-2018, 09:33 AM.

Comment

• Aside from those who mentioned the NYC ELAC, has anyone else on here who has gotten "the call" processed out of ELAC? I've read most of the 1,030+ pages of this topic and it seems like there have been a number of success stories over the past few months for those who got the fast track.

Like many of you, I got my start here as a longtime creeper, obsessing over everyone's timelines

Comment

• Does anyone know what field offices there looking to hire for? I’m in the process currently.

Comment

• CamTwin2017
              CamTwin2017 commented
              Editing a comment
              Any advice on the SUPER? Got it scheduled on Monday. Thanks in advance.

• Graeli
              Graeli commented
              Editing a comment
              Show up early, wear a conservative suit, be clean cut and presentable, and just prepare as you would for any other interview. It's not bad at all. Field offices that are offered will be major east and west coast offices with a couple of smaller offices thrown in that seem to depend on the general area you're processing out of.

• edited message
            Last edited by volat; 05-25-2018, 08:20 AM. Reason: no longer needed

Comment

• When I was in college I interned at a local Field Office. I had to fill out a factor V but I was told I wasn’t receiving a security clearance so it kind of didn’t matter. Being a lazy student, I was not careful in my answering and just sort of did everything half way. Will this be a problem when I fill out the Factor V on the agent side? I don’t want to get DQ’d if they check the old forms but I have to honestly complete it now that it’s for agent.

Comment

Last edited by triniboy05; 06-26-2018, 10:55 AM.
                God never promised that it would be easy, just that he would be there with you every step of the way.

Comment

• Thank you!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9562 users online. 446 members and 9116 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X