Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know when the next USSS academy is starting after April??? I recently applied to the job posting they had for first 1000 applicants..Seems to be moving quick so far..Passed SAEE in March and have SUPER scheduled for April.

Comment

• Graeli
      Graeli commented
      Editing a comment
      There’s supposed to be a class going around the middle of May. If everything works perfectly, which has been rare but is seemingly less so these days, expect the earliest academy date you could get to be about 5 months from your date of application.

• "Long Time Lurker - First time poster" I feel like that's a right of passage?

Question - Has anyone had conflicting information/directions? For example - passed the SUPER and received COE (conducted at FO). Told to wait for FO to schedule the rest (SI, Poly, etc), then you get ELAC emails as well? I thought ELAC was for the test/SUPER.... So, if you have done SUPER at FO, but invited for SI/Poly at ELAC, please let me know.

Thanks

Comment

• 911fedz
      911fedz commented
      Editing a comment
      If I were you, I would go to the ELAC. Here is why, because the FO is really slower then the ELAC. Besides you get all done all at once.

I did and I finished about 6 months......

• urdoc88
      urdoc88 commented
      Editing a comment
      ELAC is for SUPER, security interview and medical documents.

• What if we had already done the poly?

Comment

• Did my super today. Really positive experience, actually kind of fun. We'll see what happens

Comment

• Anyone know how 6C retirement works?
        Last edited by urdoc88; 04-09-2018, 12:00 PM.

Comment

• I'm currently a Fed LEO(non-1811) working in NYC.I wonder what's the daily work for NYFO? Can someone currently working in New York or worked in NY give some info? PM me if possible. Thank you in advance.

Comment

• 911fedz
            911fedz commented
            Editing a comment
            Weekends and Holiday's off , very busy............

• SDC1983
            SDC1983 commented
            Editing a comment
            Originally posted by 911fedz
            Weekends and Holiday's off
            This is the exact opposite of everything I've heard

Originally posted by 911fedz
            very busy............
            This is exactly what I've heard

• sooo i took my poly dec 2016 and never heard back, called a billion times with the same bs response "you're still in process" and nothing ever developed from it. applied to the most recent announcement and got an email saying i passed the saee back in november and i will be contacted by a recruiter from the local office. wtf about my process from before?

Comment

• Can anyone sorta re-explain how the retirement plan works either on here on via pm?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTroopDevilDog View Post
              sooo i took my poly dec 2016 and never heard back, called a billion times with the same bs response "you're still in process" and nothing ever developed from it. applied to the most recent announcement and got an email saying i passed the saee back in november and i will be contacted by a recruiter from the local office. wtf about my process from before?
              I hate to say it, but you probably failed the poly. They tell you you're still in the process because the left hand don't know what the right hand is doing there. I had a similar poly experience to yours and when I reapplied, I received similar responses to yours. I think they are also cautious about telling people they are not moving forward in the process specifically due to the poly results, because they are afraid of getting sued. It's the weirdest agency I've ever dealt with. Best of luck to you.

Comment

• ShockTroopDevilDog
                ShockTroopDevilDog commented
                Editing a comment
                so strange, but why would they hit me up again to be considered again?

• UPDATES ANYONE!!

June 2017 - ELAC - Jacksonville
              June 2017 - SAEE / INTERVIEW / FACTOR V /
              Sept 2017 - SI Dallas FO
              March 2018 - Medical
              March 2018 - Passed Poly
              HOME VISIT???
              Offer ???

Comment

• A great read!!

Director “Tex” Alles joined President Trump @realDonaldTrump as he signed the USSS Recruitment and Retention Act of 2018 authorizing overtime compensation for protective missions in 2017 through 2018. (White House Photo by Shealah Craighead) More: https://bit.ly/2Ejmkgc

Comment

• I have my elac at end of April , question for those who know, how possible would it be to have a full career in New York with the USSS, being that new york is a very busy Office.

Comment

• Bliskin
                    Bliskin commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Everyone will do an official protection phase after 4 years in DC no matter where you are. After that, you can go back to your initial office.

• Austin_nypd
                    Austin_nypd commented
                    Editing a comment
                    How long is your protection detail usually ?

• Bliskin
                    Bliskin commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Around 4 years.

• SDC1983
                    SDC1983 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    From what I understand in NY you are put on protection (in NY) immediately out of Rowley. Then your next few years are investigative until you get sent down to DC for a full protection detail. That detail can last about 6 years.

• Just curious if anyone has a rough idea of your chances if you make it to the hiring panel review?
                  Last edited by AppState; 04-10-2018, 04:58 PM.

Comment

• AppState
                    AppState commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Graeli, the last step of the list I was sent (after testing, poly, BI, etc) is the "Hiring Panel Review."

• HeavyCargo
                    HeavyCargo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Been done since February and haven’t heard anything. So i feel Like I’m stuck

• Graeli
                    Graeli commented
                    Editing a comment
                    AppState I'm not really sure, they don't do the three agent panel where you actually show up in person anymore. I'm guessing it's something they do in D.C. where they just look at your file and make a decision, but from what I've seen if you pass everything leading up to that point then it's pretty much just a matter of time before you get the call. Unfortunately that time is wildly different for everyone.

• AppState
                    AppState commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks guys. I don't mind doing the hurry up and wait, so I'll just settle in and we'll see!

• I’m sure USSS has a tone of openings. Many1811’s are jumping ship in mass numbers.

Comment

• r0802l
                    r0802l commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Why are they jumping ship?

• Does anyone know the time gap between FLETC and JJRTC? Or when the upcoming academy dates are?

Comment

• jfkae
                    jfkae commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sorry I'm not able to answer your question, but during my FACTOR V, there was someone at FLETC who called the agent interviewing me. She was asking to go to an office closer to her home instead of the office she was going to be assigned to until after JJRTC. Something to consider while you're waiting and if its ok with the SAC / RAC of both offices. Since the CITP attendee was calling, I assume it was going to be a while before the JJRTC pickup.
                    Last edited by jfkae; 04-22-2018, 05:44 PM. Reason: Spelling correction.

• DC_Vulcan
                    DC_Vulcan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I also would like to know the Academy dates. Looked at the website, and it's very difficult to navigate, and I was unsuccessful in getting dates for the FLETC at Glenco.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8380 users online. 399 members and 7981 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X