• Rhinoceros
      Rhinoceros commented
      Editing a comment
      Typically they open for hiring once a month on usajobs.gov

• Graeli
      Graeli commented
      Editing a comment
      there's an app for grade 09 up on USAJobs right now

• I saw on another forum that HSI has slots for the 4/10 CITP. Hope those waiting hear good news real soon.
    Rhinoceros

Comment

• I have my home visit today. Glad to have this process coming to an end.

Comment

• tbaandrew
        tbaandrew commented
        Editing a comment
        It is. They told my Chief they are needing to fill the April academy.

• Rhinoceros
        Rhinoceros commented
        Editing a comment
        That's awesome. Congrats!

• HeavyCargo
        HeavyCargo commented
        Editing a comment
        I would like to think that Friday’s are the day calls go out . So maybe tomorrow

• Rhinoceros
        Rhinoceros commented
        Editing a comment
        Fingers crossed

• Got a call today that my medical has been sent up to wherever it gets sent to. So i'm all done too and just waiting for the call....

Comment

• armymikeymike
        armymikeymike commented
        Editing a comment
        When did you initially apply? I just got my email today for SUPER appointment, but it isn't until May 1. When I replied I said if there are ANY openings before then I would be more than happy to take an earlier appointment. Congrats btw.

• I applied back in April I think. Did my SUPER stuff in November.

Comment

• So it looks like it’s a handful of us who have finished everything and now just waiting.

Comment

• NWcountry31
          NWcountry31 commented
          Editing a comment
          Glad to see you're still in it HeavyCargo... Still..... Waiting... (sigh) lol

• Does anyone know how often ELAC events are held? I got an email that one is scheduled for this weekend and I don't know rare this opportunity is.

Comment

• Lone-ranger
          Lone-ranger commented
          Editing a comment
          Well I hope you get your poly date as scheduled. I applied January 2017 and did ELAC in July...still haven’t had a poly. The good news is that I spoke with HQ a couple times last week and discovered my paperwork was mishandled so I should hear from the field office next week regarding poly. Good luck at the ELAC.

• Captnlee
          Captnlee commented
          Editing a comment
          Okay so I finished the ELAC and got my conditional offer, then did the factor v. When I got the handshake for completing the factor v successfully, I was handed another piece of paper and told that my local field office should call within the next two weeks to schedlue my poly, and if not email the address provided.

• armymikeymike
          armymikeymike commented
          Editing a comment
          What is the ELAC and Factor V everyone is talking about?

• Captnlee
          Captnlee commented
          Editing a comment
          The ELAC is the Entry Level Assessment Center, basically it gathers a bunch of people and has them knock out the SUPER and a the Factor V, or review of your SF-86 in preparation for a poly.

• I noticed a few people in here with their J.D. or close to getting that completed. Are the majority of you guys in here on the JD track?

Comment

• Graeli
          Graeli commented
          Editing a comment
          *********edit
          Last edited by Graeli; 08-02-2018, 08:16 PM.

• Updated Timeline:

My timeline:
        Applied: January 2017
        SAEE: October 2017
        SUPER: December 2017
        Security Interview: January 2018
        Polygraph: February 2018
        Medical: February 2018
        Home Interview: March 2018
        The Call: March 17, 2018
        FLETC Report Date: April 5, 2018

Anyone going to Fletc in a couple weeks?? Fun times ahead.

Comment

• jodeci88
          jodeci88 commented
          Editing a comment
          I hope so, patiently waiting. Congrats.

• Turned down the job today. I got a corporate job offer that was too good to pass up. They’re still trying to fill the April class for those still waiting.

Comment

• armymikeymike
          armymikeymike commented
          Editing a comment
          Phew. Gotta do what you gotta do. ****, my interview isn't until May.. So, no chance on that for me. Congrats on your new gig.

• tbaandrew
          tbaandrew commented
          Editing a comment
          They do not like FO choices being discussed. I will tell you exactly what they told me in my home visit. You will be offered NY, LA, SF, and two FOs from your region. If you pull up the USSS region map, you’ll have an idea of what you will get. In my region, Atlanta and Miami needed help. Houston as well.

• tbaandrew
          tbaandrew commented
          Editing a comment
          It was a tough decision, but I got a law degree for a reason. Figure I should use it. Plus the corporate job is more $ and keeps me from having to move. I have half custody of my daughter and can’t move too far away.

• armymikeymike
          armymikeymike commented
          Editing a comment
          Ah yes, family is number 1 always. Well, good luck/congrats again.

• Hey did anyone get the ELAC email?

Comment

• How different is the Background compared to other agencies? The forms are the same but I noticed that SS doesn't use EQIP. I am amazed how fast the SS process is compared to when I went through the CBP process. Is this normal? Is it hurry up an wait (like with every other agency including the Army)?

Applied: 02/14/18
        SAEE: 03/09/18
        SUPER: 03/09/18
        FACTOR V: 03/29/18

Comment

• tbaandrew
          tbaandrew commented
          Editing a comment
          From application to finishing the process was about 6 months for me. That’s about what most people are running outside of Dallas. For some reason, they’re much slower than everyone else. They have academies starting every month and are having trouble filling them. If you want the job and can pass the poly, you will have it.

• gijoeavila
          gijoeavila commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the reply. I should be good. I had to Poly for CBP, but I know how hit or miss it is. I read where some guys are getting through the process in 4 months and after doing some digging the web I came across this article where the director said the same thing. I was just amazed by the speed of it all. A little intimidating. Not looking forward to being a Basic student yet again @ FLETC.

https://federalnewsradio.com/workfor...wer-attrition/

• Hi,

Applied January 2018
        SAEE: Today March, 26, 2018
        SUPER: Pending

How long for SUPER?
        Dallas, FO

Current FED LEO

Comment

• Question for those who have accepted offers before the job announcements started listing the requirement for a continuing service agreement....have they made you sign one anyway or were you grandfathered in per the conditions on the job announcement at the time of application?

Comment

• On the announcement you choose however many cities you want. I for example chose 10. How likely would I get one of those cities? Is that just a dream sheet like you do in the military? I get the whole DC detail after 4-6 years.

Comment

• jfkae
              jfkae commented
              Editing a comment
              From most of the comments and what I've heard after my SUPER. You'll most likely get NYC / LA / DC and MAYBE 1-2 smaller offices around you. I was told I'd 99% probably get LA since its the largest field office in my area.

• tbaandrew
              tbaandrew commented
              Editing a comment
              Just about everyone gets offered LA, SF, and NY cause they are miserable to work in and the cost of living is astronomical compared to other areas. Then you’ll get offered two other offices in your region. It depends on where you live. I’m the SE, Miami and Houston are offered most often.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8000 users online. 382 members and 7618 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X