Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have any tips on reaching out for a status update? Still waiting in the wings here for poly

Comment

• It’s so crazy to hear the difference of everybody’s application process. So move very fast while others are moving very slow or come to halt. My poly was affected to the shutdown but the next day it was open they reschedule me. My Background was done within a week or two from them starting it.

Comment

• armymikeymike
        armymikeymike commented
        Editing a comment
        your BI was done in a couple weeks?! did they just give you the interim TS then?

• Just received the "Thank you for your interest in the Special Agent position with the United States Secret Service. You are among the best qualified applicants and are now eligible to participate in the next phase of the hiring process for Job Opportunity Announcement number: SA-JS003-18.

Your next phase in the hiring process is the administration of the Special Agent Entrance Exam (SAEE) or the Special Agent and Uniformed Division Pre-Employment Review (SUPER) interview."

My question: Am I able to use my passing result from my SUPER from my UD process for SA? Or is it different than UD and I'll have to take it again?

Comment

• annuitcoeptis
        annuitcoeptis commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey guys - check your inbox as well as your junk folder. After your receive the initial email you will also receive another email a few hours later with your applicant ID and steps to register for your SAEE online. Do it ASAP. Spots get taken up really fast. Good luck all!

• Bliskin
        Bliskin commented
        Editing a comment
        You will have to do the SUPER interview again with agents on the panel.

• Rhinoceros
        Rhinoceros commented
        Editing a comment
        5 months to 1 year for the process. I am on the tail end of the background and applied early October

• kevmahones
        kevmahones commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Rhino....congrats and good luck!

• Is anyone aware of the passing score for the SAEE? I take mine in the morning I don't want to botch it.

Comment

• Took SAEE this morning. Just like previously mentioned, you get instant notification on the screen after the last question. (PASS).

Comment

• Sorry I have been blowing up the forum.. Anyone know if a previous, passed DHS poly will waive me from having to do one for USSS?

Comment

• jfkae
            jfkae commented
            Editing a comment
            Forgot where I read it, might have been here or on the Secret Service website, but they do not accept clearances from other agencies. They will independently do their own background investigation.

Edit: https://www.secretservice.gov/about/faqs/
            I have a Top Secret security clearance with my agency. Will the Secret Service use that information instead of doing a complete background check? Will that help speed up the background process?

Regardless of the clearance level of the applicant, the Secret Service will complete its own full background investigation prior to the appointment of all applicants. The time frame for completion of a background investigation varies depending on the history of the applicant. Typically, a full background investigation takes approximately six to nine months to complete. During this period, various information is verified including employment history, police records, credit history, school transcripts, neighborhood references and military records. Applicants must be able to obtain a Top Secret clearance. Applicants must pass an extensive pre-employment background investigation. Completion of a full investigation is required before appointment. Follow this link to learn more about the background investigation.
            Last edited by jfkae; 03-02-2018, 10:47 AM. Reason: Added the FAQ from Secretservice.gov about the question.

• jfkae
            jfkae commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh for some reason I thought clearance when you said poly.. sorry.

But no, you'll still need to take it.

• MitnaSean
            MitnaSean commented
            Editing a comment
            As already mentioned, yes you still have to take the poly.

• Has anyone ever heard any actual status update from the D.C. hiring center? Like pass or fail the polygraph?

Comment

• Rhinoceros
            Rhinoceros commented
            Editing a comment
            I had my poly in early February and my background started a week or so ago. No notice, only messages from friends that an agent reached out to them. I have sent one email earlier but same, no response.

• Graeli
            Graeli commented
            Editing a comment
            Only thing I ever heard from DC was the call itself. Everything else was routed through the local office or the office I did my poly with. If you don't get told you've failed, that's good news. lol

• Migra1234
            Migra1234 commented
            Editing a comment
            Haha. Sounds good. Ya it is pretty frustrating but oh well. I had mine in early January. So hopefully here soon. Good luck to you all.

• No news is great news!!!!!

Comment

• First time posting, applied for the SA-JS002-18 announcement in January. Here is a timeline for me
            APPLIED: 01/25/18
            STATUS CHANGED TO REFERRED: 02/09/18
            EMAIL INVITE TO SCHEDULE SAEE: 02/12/18
            SAEE: 03/09/18

Comment

• So, I have been doing a bit of homework on the forums and have seen where some have been offered GS 7 or 9 at step 10 due to their current GS position and pay grade...does anyone know if this remains the same case for those individuals coming over from the military? I am currently a captain so to take a GS 7 Step 1 is over a 60K pay cut between money I get that isn't taxable as well as total salary and allowances in general. Just trying to prepare financially and any insight I can get would be more than helpful. It would be amazing if I was started at Step 10 no matter what GS I got, but I know its an unfair world so I am currently prepared for a GS 7 step 1...hoping someone has some good news though.

Comment

• Trek007
                Trek007 commented
                Editing a comment
                The steps are typically involved when you are already within the federal system and moving from one position to another where you may drop in a grade. An example would be you being GS-9 and applied for a new job that was a GS-7 (maybe because you wanted to transfer or is a new line of work), you would get GS-7 step "x" that would match what you made as a GS-9. When I left the military for a federal position, I left as an E-6 and was offered a GS-5 step 1 because military doesn't have a system that translates into the GS scale. I took about a 40k pay cut and was a big decision but was well worth it. It was a tough decision to try and risk losing that much money when you were used to it but I also used the Post 9/11 as well to make up for it while I was a GS-5. I have heard some people try bargain when they were offered a grade but not sure if it depends on agency if they would give you a higher step.

You need to look at the promotion potential for the position, for mine it was a GS 5/7/9/11 ladder so it was tough for the first year but got better as I got promoted and was well worth it. Here is the same, start as a GL 7/9 and then potential is a 13, you may get selected for entry as a GL-9 based on your education and experience. When I was referred, I thought I was just going to get a GL-7 but actually was selected as a GL-9, probably because of my current GS grade and job along with military and school.

I began this process in December 2017 and have my medical scheduled next week so we'll see what happens.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

• HawkPlt23
                HawkPlt23 commented
                Editing a comment
                Trek007, how did you apply the GI bill? I have searched high and low for anyone within the secret service that can sign off on me receiving the GI bill but I can't get a hold of anyone. I've searched the VA website and USSS is eligible for GI bill the first 2 years, but it didn't list who to contact....

• Trek007
                Trek007 commented
                Editing a comment
                I was using my GI Bill towards school at the time when I was hired, working and going to school full time. Our agency did allow others to use it during our OJT if they wanted. They had a packet for them to fill out and fill out the training request with the VA. I am not sure how USSS does it but would be great to find out to use my remaining amount for it. As the process gets closer to the end it will be something I will bring up to hopefully get an answer.

• Originally posted by HawkPlt23 View Post
              So, I have been doing a bit of homework on the forums and have seen where some have been offered GS 7 or 9 at step 10 due to their current GS position and pay grade...does anyone know if this remains the same case for those individuals coming over from the military? I am currently a captain so to take a GS 7 Step 1 is over a 60K pay cut between money I get that isn't taxable as well as total salary and allowances in general. Just trying to prepare financially and any insight I can get would be more than helpful. It would be amazing if I was started at Step 10 no matter what GS I got, but I know its an unfair world so I am currently prepared for a GS 7 step 1...hoping someone has some good news though.
              I'm curious if this also applies to those coming from the private sector? Do they ever match to current private sector income?

Comment

• Trek007
                Trek007 commented
                Editing a comment
                From my understanding and what I have seen since I have been in the GS scale, they do not. Depending on your promotion potential, say your max at a position will be a GS-9, you will go up a step each year at your max grade. Once you hit step 4 I believe, it will be every 2 years you will go up a step. Traditionally you are hired at GS 7 step 1, then next year go to GS 9 step 1 etc. until you hit the max and then start going up steps. When I began working, I had other employees come over from another agency where they were a GS 9 and were given a GS 7 step x, not sure what step as it depends on what they were as a 9. They took this job because the promotion potential is up to GS 11 whereas their previous job was only a 9. The steps are great when you want to move around due to grades and what your max grade will be.

As I mentioned earlier, it is not to say it doesn't or couldn't happen if you try and bargain or justify a higher step when you are offered a position and they give you a GS X step 1, it never hurts.
                Last edited by Trek007; 03-07-2018, 08:20 AM.

• Bliskin
                Bliskin commented
                Editing a comment
                No they do not pay match private sector. Only prior federal service pay scales.

• DragonThirst
                DragonThirst commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you!

• UPDATING

Applied for the SA-JS002-18 announcement in January. Here is a timeline for me
              APPLIED: 01/25/18
              STATUS CHANGED TO REFERRED: 02/09/18
              EMAIL INVITE TO SCHEDULE SAEE: 02/12/18
              SAEE: 03/09/18
              PASSED SAEE 03/09/18

Comment

• The Waiting game sucks

Comment

• Timeline roll call:

Applied in April 2017
                  SA-NC003-17

June 2017 - ELAC - Jacksonville
                  June 2017 - SAEE / INTERVIEW / FACTOR V /
                  Sept 2017 - SI Dallas FO
                  March 2018 - Medical
                  Poly???
                  HOME VISIT???

Comment

• Lone-ranger
                    Lone-ranger commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Lol this posting gives me sanity. I did the Ft. Hood ELAC 2 weeks later and I'm in the same spot as you, except no medical. It's crazy how people who applied in July and October already have FLETC dates. I applied in January 2017.
                    Last edited by Lone-ranger; 03-09-2018, 07:31 PM.

• jodeci88
                    jodeci88 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    July 17' - Submitted
                    Nov 17' - SAEE
                    Dec 17' - SUPER Interview
                    Jan 18' - Security Interview
                    Mar 18' - Poly
                    Mar 18' - Medical
                    ? - Background
                    ? - Home Interview
                    ? - "the call"

• Ok so I swear I read somewhere on the forum (and for the life of me I can't find it now) that you get housing while at FLETC, but one you get to the JJRTC housing is on you....am I correct with that statement. If it is true my question is is how do most people work that? I am not sure how renting goes in larger cities like DC but having rented everywhere I've been in the Army the minimum lease most places is 6 months and if you leave earlier than that you still owe rent for the remainder of the lease. Do places in the area do month to month?

Comment

• 911fedz
                    911fedz commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Secret Service is responsible for your housing. My buddy is there now....

• jfkae
                    jfkae commented
                    Editing a comment
                    From what I've read - take it for what you will.. FLETC offers housing. JJRTC will offer housing IF you are not assigned to DC as your field office.

You could look at month to month, AIRBNB, or perhaps long term hotel rentals with kitchen. Just an idea.

• Graeli
                    Graeli commented
                    Editing a comment
                    From what I've been told, FLETC is dorm / barracks style housing and JJRTC is long-term hotel or studio apartment style-housing. Both are provided by the Secret Service so you don't have to worry about any of that.

• Rhinoceros
                    Rhinoceros commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Confirmed from an agent that they put you in a hotel nearby.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7304 users online. 316 members and 6988 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X