Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This whole conversation is inappropriate. You are discussing the methods of the polygraph. Not only could this be bad for you, if they link your username here to your application (they do read these forums), but it could be bad for future applicants. If a future applicant is reading this, it could effect the way they behave if they are in a similar situation in a polygraph. It's a fine line and you may not have realized that you crossed it, but you did.

Comment

• P.K. Highsmith
      P.K. Highsmith commented
      Editing a comment
      I am certainly not a cyber-1811, but am a current 1811. I browse these forums from time to time and offer advice to those that wish to review it. I found these forums very useful when I was an applicant. It is my opinion that the current thread crossed the line. I offer my advice as such. If the applicants would rather not have my input, I won't waste my time.

Lastly, if you are a moderator and don't like my post, feel free to delete it. If you are not a moderator, don't adjudicate my post as a cyber-1811. If you have a problem with my post, raise it up to a moderator. Allow people like me who want to help out applicants to do so. Thank you.

• BoredAFGuy
      BoredAFGuy commented
      Editing a comment
      If you want to help, then be helpful! From how I've read your posts, going from thread-to-thread with insights into the ATF hiring process or being negative of others' conversations is not helpful.

If you so desire, use specifics in "inappropriate". Clear and concise comm. Even better - get a poly examiner from your agency to detail NDA goes/no-goes. Saying that future applicants reading this can be affected, or that there's a fine line, isn't specific.

Additionally, and lastly, if you have a problem with anything I've said then I recommend seeking a moderator. He or she can adjudicate. Thank you for your time and consideration.

• Graeli
      Graeli commented
      Editing a comment
      ***********************edit
      Last edited by Graeli; 08-02-2018, 08:18 PM.

• P.K. Highsmith
      P.K. Highsmith commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha. Alright BoredAFGuy. If I went into detail about what was inappropriate about the thread, that would highlight exactly what I don't think should be on a public forum. Clearly Indians56 got the message and benefited from it. As for the moderator comment, I was pointing out your hypocrisy of criticizing my comment by "adjudicating" yourself. It was a joke. But that's fine. It really isn't worth debating back and forth with you. Good luck to you in the process.

• How long does it take to receive the notification that you’re no longer in the process?

Comment

• I’m nearing the end of the process with the background in progress. At what time do they offer duty locations? Is that during “the call” or at a different instance? What locations are being offered?

Comment

• Received the call late last week and finally got everything hammered out today. Offered five field offices to choose from.

Last edited by Graeli; 08-16-2018, 06:52 PM.

Comment

• Graeli
          Graeli commented
          Editing a comment
          I had the same issue, I've had a beard for the last few years so I was reluctant to shave it, but I bit the bullet and went to the SUPER clean shaven. Neither agent in my SUPER had a beard, but I grew it out afterwards for the rest of the process and no one ever mentioned it. The Agent that did my poly had a moustache and the one that did my security interview had a full beard, so I'd say you should be okay keeping the beard.

• armymikeymike
          armymikeymike commented
          Editing a comment
          Word. Thanks for the info.

• jfkae
          jfkae commented
          Editing a comment
          armymikeymike Had my super interview today. One of the agents had a "circle beard". Granted he has also been with the agency for over 10 years. I think they expect you to be clean shaven. Everyone else I saw was clean shaven but also looked young.

• armymikeymike
          armymikeymike commented
          Editing a comment
          jfkae thanks for that info. I got my email yesterday, My SUPER isn't until friggin May 1. How did it go for you? pretty relaxed?

• Hey guys, can anyone tell me what the SAEE is like? I’ve taken the UD Post Exam - is the SAEE similar? I’m not looking for exact questions or anything like that, just wanted to know if it’s similar in terms of material. I just found out today that it’s now computerized.

Comment

• Sheridan1
          Sheridan1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Post exam is literally a joke. The SAEE is much more difficult. Actually have to think a bit.

• Graeli
          Graeli commented
          Editing a comment
          https://www.secretservice.gov/join/a...StudyGuide.pdf

Study this and you should be fine. It gives you a good breakdown of the questions and how to analyze them.

• armymikeymike
          armymikeymike commented
          Editing a comment
          The SAEE study guide is what you need to look at, it will prepare you.

• If hired into uniform division, is it hard to move over to SA once your in and working?

Comment

• OCN_1
          OCN_1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Heard it’s something like two years with UD and then you can put in for the transition. Apparently lots of UD go SA

Last edited by triniboy05; 06-26-2018, 10:54 AM.
        God never promised that it would be easy, just that he would be there with you every step of the way.

Comment

• Has anyone been able to submit their application and initially get through without submitting their transcripts before the announcement closes? My school takes 5-7 days to release my transcripts (both unofficial and official)...

Comment

• LBJfan4life
            LBJfan4life commented
            Editing a comment
            In the future scan your transcripts to your usajobs profile so you do not have this problem, just fyi.

• Originally posted by triniboy05 View Post
          Another announcement is up. First 1,000 again or until the 18th.
          It’s interesting that the last two announcements have been for GS-09 only. This seems to be the only way the announcement stays open more than one day.

Comment

• Quick update on my process (1/4 announcement). Took SAEE yesterday, received passing notice immediately at the testing site. This morning I received official passing notification and pending a SUPER interview.

Comment

• Finally the last step for me is schedule, the medical.

Comment

• Rhinoceros
              Rhinoceros commented
              Editing a comment
              Congrats HeavyCargo!

MitnaSean, I'm still waiting for post poly results. It has been a few weeks FYI.

Anyone been recently informed about any tentative April academy dates?

• armymikeymike
              armymikeymike commented
              Editing a comment
              anyone know what the criminal disqualifiers are? Wasn't a good kid in high school.. I applied on the 1/26 announcement, SAEE on 3/1.

• Rhinoceros
              Rhinoceros commented
              Editing a comment
              As long as you passed the initial qualifiers you should be ok. If a decent amount of time has passed since your High School activity showing that it is not a true reflection of your character you should be fine. However, make sure you do disclose all of the details and dont minimize while completing the paperwork for the Security Interview.

• armymikeymike
              armymikeymike commented
              Editing a comment
              thanks rhinoceros..

• Anyone have any forward movement this past week?
            Rhinoceros

Comment

• Rhinoceros
              Rhinoceros commented
              Editing a comment
              Awesome, hope things start firing off for you come March.

• HawkPlt23
              HawkPlt23 commented
              Editing a comment
              Poly has finally been rescheduled after being cancelled the first go around due to the Gov shutdown.

• HeavyCargo
              HeavyCargo commented
              Editing a comment
              Done with everything. Now Im just waiting. Was told today that my medical results were sent up to HQ.

• Rhinoceros
              Rhinoceros commented
              Editing a comment
              Phenomenal. Congrats.

• Not for me. I've been post poly since November. I reached out via email to see if there's any movement/update, and unfortunately getting deployed again so I might be able to have them freeze me in the process until I get back.

Comment

• I received a SUPER invite last night. Scheduled for this upcoming week.

Comment

• armymikeymike
                armymikeymike commented
                Editing a comment
                jfkae how long after your status on usajobs status showed referred for interview did you get contacted?

• jfkae
                jfkae commented
                Editing a comment
                armymikeymike I applied to the February announcement that closed on 2/14. Was notified of interview via email on 3/7. Already passed the SAEE previously.

Usajobs did NOT update and move to referred. Still says received.

• armymikeymike
                armymikeymike commented
                Editing a comment
                jfkae so weird, I took and passed my SAEE on the 1st but my status on USAJOBS changed on the 8th. Still no contact with regards to the interview. When is your interview? Good luck on it!

• jfkae
                jfkae commented
                Editing a comment
                armymikeymike Be patient.. the first time it was 6 months until I was scheduled to interview and I couldnt make it. I had to withdraw.

Tomorrow.

Last edited by tbaandrew; 02-28-2018, 08:01 PM.

Comment

• HawkPlt23
                HawkPlt23 commented
                Editing a comment
                It was due to the government shutdown...twice. I was scheduled for my poly and it got cancelled due to the second Gov shutdown that literally only lasted 8 hours. With the first and second shutdown it pretty much brought everything to a halt from what I have been told. I finally got a call back to reschedule my poly. They were probably in the middle of your BI when everything happened so hopefully it starts back up soon for you.

• Rhinoceros
                Rhinoceros commented
                Editing a comment
                I know these last two shutdowns were brief, but do any of you know if FLETC trainees still get their schedule tossed around? I know they sent them home during one of the previous shutdowns.

• armymikeymike
                armymikeymike commented
                Editing a comment
                My cousin was in FLETC for Pentagon Protective Service, his class was there for both shutdowns. They sent them home 2x. His graduation was pushed almost 4 weeks.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7026 users online. 243 members and 6783 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X