Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, does anyone have any information on how often new hires can expect to be relocated? Let's say we get our duty location to start out, how soon would I be expected to relocate after spending time at my first duty location? And do new hires travel a lot or do we spend a lot of time on the job training at our duty location first when we get back from FLETC?

Comment

• Bliskin
      Bliskin commented
      Editing a comment
      After training, you start the investigation phase of your career. After around 4 years, all agents begin the protective phase and are relocated to DC for the next ~4 years. After that, you can choose to either stay in DC or go back to your original office or try to transfer to another.

• MissAmitious
      MissAmitious commented
      Editing a comment
      That sounds very manageable. Thank you so much for the info!

• Does anyone have a link to the latest vacancy for the USSS 1811 position that just past? Thanks!

Comment

• Lone-ranger
      Lone-ranger commented
      Editing a comment
      I actually posted it in a comment on the previous page.

• There is another USSS Special Agent position out on USAJOBS if anyone is interested and missed the last one. Only first 1,000 apps

Comment

• Anybody know top 5 field offices being offered? PM's are welcome, If you don't want to put it out in the public.

Comment

• got the SUPER invite but i might voluntarily withdraw....debating on the pros/cons of that now. i'm getting up there in age, but am in other fed processes and nearing the end for one of them...and USSS would be just to get the clock stopped. i wouldn't anticipate spending a career there, but i guess you never know...

Comment

• Lone-ranger
        Lone-ranger commented
        Editing a comment
        You never know....you just might like it hahaha

• Took and passed SAEE a couple months ago and havent heard anything about next step. Is this wait dependent on which location you are processing out of?

Comment

• emaichbe03
        emaichbe03 commented
        Editing a comment
        i think it must be. i took the SAEE before thanksgiving i think and just got a call for the SUPER

• Anybody know if you get LEAP pay during CITP or JJRTC training phases? USSS specifically

Comment

• Anyone know how it works with using your G.I. Bill with the Secret Service? I know you can use it for "on the job training" and several federal agencies are listed for that on the VA education benefits websote, to include the USSS, but I can't seem to get a hold of anyone that knows how it works. Can I only use it at CITP and JJRTC or can I also use it during my first year at an FO? The VA education center has contact info for someone at USSS for the GI bill program and I've called several times, but haven't gotten a response.

Comment

• Usmc1586
        Usmc1586 commented
        Editing a comment
        Using your GI Bill benefit simply to collect BAH is a waste of the benefit. University of Maryland University College has hybrid bachelor's and master's programs that allow you to go to class at night 1 day a week or they have a complete online program you can use. The BAH for MD is like $2302 a month or online is somewhere like $800 a month and in my opinion a better option than just wasting your gi bill for the sake of collecting.

• HawkPlt23
        HawkPlt23 commented
        Editing a comment
        Usmc1586, I really have no intent on getting a master's degree. If being an agent is as busy as everyone makes it out to be on top of Having a family and doing the national guard I am never going to have time to do classes anyway so, might as well take the tax free BAH to help makeup for the massively large cut in pay I will have for the first few years going from an O3 to a gs7 or gs9, especially if im in an area where housing is crazy expensive like LA or NYC. To me the tax free BAH seems like a better option. If I were ever interested in getting a master's I would agree that it's a waste if the benefit just for housing, but seeing that I have no desire to I might as well use it for something.

• Anybody advise on how long after the poly it took to be contacted to take the medical? Just curious

Comment

• HawkPlt23
        HawkPlt23 commented
        Editing a comment
        I had medical before the poly. Currently waiting on the poly.

• Graeli
        Graeli commented
        Editing a comment
        *******************************edit
        Last edited by Graeli; 08-02-2018, 08:19 PM.

• HeavyCargo
        HeavyCargo commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks. That weird I took my poly and 5 days later was contacted for my home visit that would happen in less than 24 hours. Believe my background is almost done just waiting for the finger print machine to be fixed but they’ve been to neighbors and all my former employers . Still haven’t taken the medical yet . Only thing left

• Originally posted by HeavyCargo View Post
      Adadddddddddsada
      delete
      Last edited by hexen220; 01-27-2018, 09:49 PM.
      officially sworn into the Us Marine Corps, going in with an 03 contract leave for bootcamp on January 9th

Comment

• Got a call from my FO saying I'd be hearing from them in the next week or two in order to schedule the poly. Its coming up on two weeks soon. Best advice on how to proceed? Anyone else stuck in this stage?

Passed SAEE, SUPER, SI ~~

feel free to PM me

Comment

• MitnaSean
          MitnaSean commented
          Editing a comment
          Took my SI the beginning of January. Heard I could be taking the poly in as soon as 2 to 3 weeks. Tomorrow will mark 3 weeks. It just takes time. The SS processes are antiquated to say the least. Attrition rate is far greater than what they can recruit...search for the homeland security committee hearing last year on the Secret Service...it explains a lot!

Still good outfit though.

• Thanks, will check it out. Thinking of calling the FO but I don't want to be THAT guy...

Comment

• MitnaSean
          MitnaSean commented
          Editing a comment
          After listening to the hearing on how terrible the processes is and how they lack admin staff to properly track applicants...I wouldn't be surprised if you, myself, and others fall through cracks. If you got the gut feeling, I say screw it and call. For myself, I can wait a few more weeks before being "THAT guy" lol.

• Don’t fret you two. I took my SI late November and was told by the SA that I should expect my poly to occur “after the holidays”. I had to supplement my SF86 with additional information which I submitted the day after my SI but haven’t received correspondence for either the information or the poly appointment. Either I just need to wait or I fell through the cracks. I figure I’ll get in contact with my FO soon as it is well beyond the holidays, which means within the next 2 weeks for me.

But I suggest to people who are waiting to wait just a little longer, 2 weeks or so past any estimated date given to you, before contacting their FO.

Comment

• Bdmet2491
          Bdmet2491 commented
          Editing a comment
          Today I was just thinking .. why is it a bad thing to call the FO if they encourage being available for assistance? You’ll appear impatient or some other downside?

• Cda1994
          Cda1994 commented
          Editing a comment
          Not sure. It seems to be the way things work, similarly to “no news is good news”. I’m sure there’s room for questions but I’m also sure some people call once a week to follow up which is way too much.

• Application status
        Applied- April 2017
        ELAC-July 2017 (passed all phases/test, super, security interview)
        Polygraph-September 2017 (Passed)
        Background-October 2017 (Passed)
        Medical/Drug Test-October 2017 (Passed)
        Fingerprints-October 2017
        The Call-??? Waiting

I reside in the Houston,Texas area my process has been completed since October. Spoke with HR seems like some of my packet has been misplaced and I am awaiting everything to be put back together before I can receive. Yes or No for FLETC.

Has anyone been waiting for a few months to receive the call? For any one who is still following the page to give advice....

If any one else knows a number to speak with someone outside of your local FO please advise.

Comment

• Rhinoceros
          Rhinoceros commented
          Editing a comment
          When was the last time anyone on here recieved the call and went to FLETC? Would it have been Nov or Dec?

• MitnaSean
          MitnaSean commented
          Editing a comment
          No idea, but my recruiter told me they have classes beginning every month.

• Was anyone in the Uniformed Division (UD) process and switched to SA?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6066 users online. 232 members and 5834 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X