Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think there is an announcement now? I'd check USA Jobs.

Overall, I cannot say that the USSS is a bad gig. Definitely the easiest money you will ever make, and you get to see and do some pretty cool stuff. I've been site agent for NBA playoff games with Biden, NFL games with Conway, PGA tour with Eric Trump, and many other various details throughout my past year out of training. Think of it like any other job: points of utter boredom followed by a few moments of "wow, this is pretty cool."

Comment

• FederalHopeful
      FederalHopeful commented
      Editing a comment
      No openings for entry level SA’s right now, at least from what I saw. There’s a few jobs listed for other positions

Most jobs are gonna be boring but will have their moments. As long as you’re satisfied at the end of the day, that’s all that matters

• Lone-ranger
      Lone-ranger commented
      Editing a comment
      FederalHopeful The SA position was supposed to be open until today, but it closed the same day it came out due to too many applications. Don't worry, they post it once a quarter so it'll be up again around April if things follow last year's schedule. I would advise you set up an engine search for 1811, or just search manually everyday, and you won't miss it again.

Here's the link so you can see the vacancy language:

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/487963700

• FederalHopeful
      FederalHopeful commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea I have an 1811 saved search with weekly updates. I’ll keep an eye out for sure

• So I was informed after my factor V during the Philly ELAC that I am not processing through the ELAC any longer. I was advised to wait for further emails from my FO. Since they didn’t give me a Poly date for the ELAC I’m assuming I somehow failed the Factor V? I didn’t even know that was possible and am extremely clueless right about now.

any help would be appreciated!!

Comment

• USMC_5811
      USMC_5811 commented
      Editing a comment
      First time posting but maybe I can help. I did the ELAC for Factor V in DC several months ago and was contacted 3-4 weeks later to schedule the polygraph. They probably told you you’re not processing through the ELAC any longer because that’s where the expedited portion ends, after the security interview. I’m sure it’s possible to fail it but I would think your probably good and you should give it a few weeks.

• Lone-ranger
      Lone-ranger commented
      Editing a comment
      It is possible to fail the Factor V if something came up on your credit report or if an automatic disqualifier was self-admitted to on the SF-86. Either way, they should've told you something. At the end of each step, they usually just say "congratulations, you've passed this phase". At this point, I would just wait for further communication from the field office as recommended.

• Teejam171
      Teejam171 commented
      Editing a comment
      The ELAC is only to conduct SAEE, Panel, and Security Interview. Following the ELAC you would take the poly with your field office, contingent on passing the above steps. You should have received a document stating that your appointment for polygraph exam was being deferred to your local FO (Congratulations on passing ELAC, you will be contacted for polygraph examination date) as I was also a participant and have received this notice prior to leaving. After my security interview the officer also mentioned that I would be continuing in the process. Good luck to you

• There was no credit issue to speak of. If I had passed the Factor v they indicated I would receive a scheduled date for the poly. This did not happen and I got a letter that said additional review would be made and that I would hear from talent and acquisitions.

I’m pretty sure I’m out of the process but I wish it was less ambiguous

Comment

• Levithane
      Levithane commented
      Editing a comment
      If you admitted to torrenting a large amount of music or videos at your Security Interview and it was recent, that'll seal the deal.

• HawkPlt23
      HawkPlt23 commented
      Editing a comment
      Not necessarily true Levithane. I admitted to downloading movies and music. Now granted it wasn't a large amount, I've deleted everything, and it has been over a year since I have downloaded anything...but I got scheduled for a poly (haven't taken it yet) . The way the one agent put it to me was this...they don't necessarily care about most stuff in your past...they can get you through that depending on how severe it was. Mainly they are looking for you to be truthful in each phase
      Last edited by HawkPlt23; 01-17-2018, 07:46 AM.

• Levithane
      Levithane commented
      Editing a comment
      There was a poster on here who admitted to downloading large amounts of music/movies, all the way up to his application. He wasn't processed after his security interview. Majority of people on here have downloaded content like music illegally, as long as it isn't habitual, occurred recently, and you are honest about it, you'll be fine.

• Lurker here. I applied to the most recent SA posting from 1/4 and recently received an email inviting me to take the SAEE. Now waiting on the email from Pearson VUE to schedule the test.

Comment

• You are good Bdmet. There just isn't funding right now to schedule a bunch of ELAC's. It costs a lot of money to out that together; OT, travel pay/per diem, hotel rooms, etc. It's probably just more cost effective to continue the process the traditional way until a budget is passed.

If you were DQ'd, they would have told you right away. Patience my friend. You'll be standing in the hallways soon enough!

Comment

• Bdmet2491
        Bdmet2491 commented
        Editing a comment
        You are right sir. I got called today saying the poly will be the in the next couple of weeks by my local FO, and I am awaiting the date!!
        Last edited by Bdmet2491; 01-18-2018, 12:01 AM.

• Patience is key!! I've been a forum lurker and appreciate all the helpful comments.

My timeline:
      Applied: January 2017
      SAEE: October 2017
      SUPER: December 2017
      Security Interview: January 2018
      Polygraph: ?????

I'm going through the process in Texas.

Comment

• MitnaSean
        MitnaSean commented
        Editing a comment
        Your timeline is very similar to mine as I just finished my SI last week (I'm processing out of Houston,TX). The recruiter told me I could take my poly in as soon as two or three weeks...did he/they tell you the same thing?

• jodeci88
        jodeci88 commented
        Editing a comment
        Same stage as you both, good luck.

• GolfingCPA
        GolfingCPA commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes MitnaSean, I was told to expect a polygraph in 15-30 days, but I haven't heard anything yet. They said they'd set something up as soon as they could get a polygraphist to the local office. Also mentioned the medical evaluation would be done locally.

Good luck!!

• Edited....
      Last edited by Rhinoceros; 01-18-2018, 10:37 PM.
      Rhinoceros

Comment

• HawkPlt23
        HawkPlt23 commented
        Editing a comment
        Someone done messed up posting that. That's suppose to be a hidden job posting that offices only send out when they have a legitimate candidate the want hired but there isn't a public posting. You pretty much get told to delete the link to the announcement as soon as you are done applying because it's not meant to be searchable on usajobs. That's at least how it all was put to me because this is how I applied...there wasn't a posting so they gave me a link to the hidden posting...
        Last edited by HawkPlt23; 01-18-2018, 08:29 PM.

• Rhinoceros
        Rhinoceros commented
        Editing a comment
        Gotcha. Well out of respect for the system I'll take that down.

• Sheridan1
        Sheridan1 commented
        Editing a comment
        So how did you get notified Hawkpit? How could they contact you initially? I don't think secret service is a schedule B hiring agency like the DEA and ATF, since they actually post their job postings.

• Received my actual testing date last night. Scheduled for next month.

Comment

Last edited by tbaandrew; 01-23-2018, 06:29 PM.

Comment

• Does anyone know the implications of the shutdown on those that have their airfare already booked?

Comment

• tbaandrew
            tbaandrew commented
            Editing a comment
            Last edited by tbaandrew; 02-28-2018, 09:04 PM.

• Urhero
            Urhero commented
            Editing a comment
            I actually got a call earlier toady, stating that my medical is still on.

• Graeli
            Graeli commented
            Editing a comment
            ………………………..…………….
            Last edited by Graeli; 08-16-2018, 07:53 PM.

• Same here, no issues surrounding the shutdown and my medical. I still find it odd that the going process involves the medical prior to the poly and how that runs in line with the background investigation.
          Rhinoceros

Comment

• My polygraph which was suppose to be today got canceled due to the shutdown.

Comment

• Hello,

I'm trying to locate the section that the USSS asks us to disclose download of illegal media. Could anyone assist? Is this on the SF-86 or on a supplemental form?

Comment

• GettingFED
                GettingFED commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you, OCN_1.

Specifically is it this section?

'Section 27 - Use of Information Technology Systems

We note, with reference to this section, that neither your truthful responses nor information derived from your responses to this section will be used as evidence against you in a subsequent criminal proceeding. As to this particular section, this applies whether or not you are currently employed by the Federal government. The following questions ask about your use of information technology systems. Information technology systems include all related computer hardware, software, firmware, and data used for the communication, transmission, processing, manipulation, storage or protection of information.

In the last seven (7) years have you illegally or without proper authorization accessed or attempted to
                access any information technology system?'

I'm trying to do a search on the revised edition from 04/2017 of SF-86 from the USSS website.

• HawkPlt23
                HawkPlt23 commented
                Editing a comment
                It's not on the SF86. I've spoken to several agents as well as intelligence officers in the army who deal with SF86s all the time and the information technology system pretty much deals with you illegally accessing a computer system or hacking software. If you have downloaded movies that's one thing not covered. You didn't hack it and you didn't fanangle a system to get it. You downloaded it. Actually hacking windows 10 or something and gaining access to systems (or denying access to systems to others) is really what that section means. Maybe you could justify it if you actually ripped the movies and uploaded them for others to use. Ypu are then granting access to others who didnt have access. You could maybe justify that...but being the end user you didnt do any of that. Now, when you get to your SI that is where you will get all of the stuff you need to fess up to and you can elaborate on everything. Illegal downloading is covered during that.

• Levithane
                Levithane commented
                Editing a comment
                Disclose it during the Security Interview, I don't recall the SF86 asking about illegally downloading music or movies.

• GettingFED
                GettingFED commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you all for your assistance.

• Does anyone have contact information for those who book our travel for the polygraph/medical? I am running into issues and need a solid phone number for them. Thanks for any info.

Comment

Last edited by 1811_To_Be; 01-31-2018, 09:04 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12313 users online. 232 members and 12081 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X