300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Up Guys,

I've been done with the process since October 26th. Just waiting on the call, but slighty starting to think my packet is either lost or sitting on someones desk.

I'm out of the Houston area, I know some of the dallas guys have been waiting awhile.

Everything was going so smooth and was informed I would hear something rather quick since I went to a ELAC... now 2 months have passed. HR says my file looks good but a decision hasn't
    Been made..

Any one else still following this thread took over 2 or 3 months to receive a call for hire??

Comment

• Hey all,

Poly scheduled. Any advice from you all? I hear its pretty rough.

Thanks!

Comment

• FLEO88
        FLEO88 commented
        Editing a comment
        Have you taken the poly for SS yet? I have taken a few before yes, but heard this one is unique and an awful experience.

• FLEO88
        FLEO88 commented
        Editing a comment
        April 2017 Announcement. Appear to be behind the curve compared to much others.

• MitnaSean
        MitnaSean commented
        Editing a comment
        I have not taken poly for SS yet. However, in my experience, they are all the same. I highly doubt this would be any different.. To each their own I guess lol.

• Shingkei
        Shingkei commented
        Editing a comment
        IMO it's not actually rough. It's intimidating yes but if you have nothing to hide like I did it's not rough. They are well trained and help you understand how everything works. Good luck.

• double post
      Last edited by zFinest; 01-04-2018, 05:41 PM. Reason: double post
      With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

Comment

• Rhinoceros
        Rhinoceros commented
        Editing a comment
        Did you read through the new hiring post? They snuck in additional wording stating they will have you sign paperwork agreeing to stay with USSS for an unknown amount of time.

• Anyone have their medical before poly and BI?

Comment

• Graeli
        Graeli commented
        Editing a comment
        *********************************edit
        Last edited by Graeli; 08-02-2018, 09:20 PM.

• Hey just looking for a little info. I applied for SA announcement, passed saee, and scheduled my SUPER. However, due to unforeseen circumstances I was unable to attend my interview. I wrote email to my FO and recieved an email stating my application was closed and could not be processed due to my failure to show up for SUPER. Now two days ago I recieved an email from ELACsupport stating I've been invited to attend ELAC next week in philly. Just a little unsure if this was sent in error or if I'm still able to participate in process. Anyone ever hear of this happening or have a similar situation. I wrote email asking for clarification but did not receive response and I have to make appointment by tonight.

Comment

• Shingkei
        Shingkei commented
        Editing a comment
        The ELAC invite is a bit of a mystery. I was sent one even though I was only applying for the UD position and no one gave me a good answer about if I needed to go so I just went. Your case is a little different but if you have time maybe just go then? Im also fortunate that I could schedule off for it and only live 2hrs away though. Try bugging your FO if it would be a big inconvenience to go for no reason. Good luck!

• Current active duty Army officer trying to stretch my legs and join the USSS. Just got scheduled for my Poly. Entered the process as a dual applicant for UD and SA. Its been odd because my Super was for both UD and SA, my COE email was for UD, my SI was for UD, but now I got a call for poly referencing SA. Never received a COE for SA, but hey...I guess we will see. Anyone else do Dual application? How did it work out?

Also, I applied for the 7 position, but after going back through my application I feel like I should have applied as a 9 based on my education and military experience. Has anyone heard of getting bumped up to 9 after you get the call? I know in federal jobs they can increase your step / grade if they desire based on your qualifications.

Here is my timeline so far:

Application: May
      SAEE: August
      SUPER: September
      COE: November
      SI: December
      Medical/Drug Screen: January
      Poly: February
      Home Visit: ??
      Offer:??

Comment

• 911fedz
        911fedz commented
        Editing a comment
        What Field office are you processing out of? I am processing out of the Dallas FO

• MitnaSean
        MitnaSean commented
        Editing a comment
        Former State Dept employee and current DHS employee. In my experience, the federal government will not promote you after you accept a position. You'd have to wait to ride the latter...It's only 1 year. But heck, have that conversation with HR if your so inclined. Just get your foot in the door bud.

• On the most recent posting, there appears to be a continuing service agreement. Does anyone know how long it will be?

Comment

• took the SAEE back in Nov and haven't heard sheeet since

Comment

• Long time creeper on this site. Call finally came in for me. Applied to the 003-17 announcement. Below is my timeline for anyone else who is left from this announcement.

Applied: 4/3/2017 (Announcement NC003-17)
          Referred: 05/19/2017
          Invitation for ELAC: 05/25/2017
          ELAC FT Hood (SAEE, SUPER, SI, Credit Check): 07/8/2017
          Poly: 9/19/2017
          Drug Screening: 9/28/2017
          Medical Labs: 10/5/2017
          Medical Exam: 10/19/2017
          Home Interview: 10/20/2017
          Background Complete: 10/24/2017
          Call: 1/2/2018

Comment

• Lone-ranger
            Lone-ranger commented
            Editing a comment
            Congrats. I was at that ELAC too....still no poly yet lol. Good luck.

• MitnaSean
            MitnaSean commented
            Editing a comment
            Congrats! Do you have an academy start date?

• user2
            user2 commented
            Editing a comment
            Last edited by user2; 01-10-2018, 03:47 PM.

• Graeli
            Graeli commented
            Editing a comment
            *********************edit
            Last edited by Graeli; 08-02-2018, 09:19 PM.

• Anyone attending ELAC in PA?

Comment

• I’ll be in attendance. Looks like the ELAC for Security Interview / Credit Check as far as I know?

I’ve already passed SAEE and SUPER.

Received conflicting instructions from FO on where to send security packet, emailed them back letting them know about the PA ELAC, no response.
            Last edited by Bdmet2491; 01-09-2018, 05:53 PM.

Comment

• Anyone know the standards for the PT test at FLETC? I see the ones on their website but I dont see scores associated with anything. Anyone know details about it? Just want to see where I am at.

Comment

• PT is scored by total points. You can get a max of 4 in each category: 4 being excellent, 3 being the next step down, etc. You get 0 points for poor. You need to have a 10 total points (combined from 4 events: pushups, sit-ups, pull-ups, and run), with no zeros, at fletc so you don't have breakfast club PT at 0430 3 times a week. I would recommend getting at least a 12 though. Better to be safe. PT at JJRTC gets a whole lot harder!... Still have nightmares about the tire mile...

Comment

• HawkPlt23
                  HawkPlt23 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Well we do PT in the Army every single day so I'm not a complete noob at PT. I'm on the smaller side but that's cause I just cant gain weight easily (blessing and a curse) but I'm pretty sure I don't have an issue getting 11 or 12. Just doing self testing I get excellent (4) in 2 categories and good (3) in 2 categories. A tire mile sounds awful...I mean just plain awful... I assume you and a teammate flip a tire a mile?

• You'll be fine coming from the military. Most of the prior military and police were good to go, for the most part.

Tire Mile Workout: team of 5 required
                - 2 people flip the tire for a 1/4 mile
                - 1 person carries (2) 24kg kettle bells farmer style for a quarter mile, then they can drop them and jog back to help flip the tire
                - 2 people sprint a 1/4 mile then stop and do 25 burpees, then they can go back and help flip the tire.
                * rinse and repeat for a full mile, switching up roles every 1/4 mile

It was one of the worst workouts. Sled push was probably the worst of all though...

Keep in mind everyone, as long as you get a 10... You get a badge and a gun. If you want to exceed and get in phenomenal shape to go on the CAT team a few years later, you can do that too. The way I saw it was that I had about 8 months to get in the best shape of my life, and get paid for it.

Comment

• I'm kicking myself for not applying to the 2017 SA openings. That workout sounds like a blast

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12740 users online. 420 members and 12320 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X