300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Graeli View Post
    I squeaked by on my private doctor eye exam with 20/60 in one eye. Everything else is all good, and the other eye is no problem, it's just one eye I'm worried about. Will I be tested again during the medical exam, and if so, what happens if I end up testing as worse than I did at the private doctor? If they do test us again in the medical exam, what exactly is the purpose of having us go to a private doctor first?

Also, UrHero, looks like we're in the same bunch and moving at close to the same pace - I applied in October as well and have my security interview on the 20th.
    congrats on your eye exam. I too have one eye that is not quite as precise as the other.

I applied back in March or so, but was unable to attend the ELAC that expedites everything this past summer. I took the exam and interview last month and have just recently submitted the sf86...how long after you submitted the sf86 did it take to schedule the security interview?

Comment

• Graeli
      Graeli commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm doing my security interview on the same day I submit my SF86. I guess they're going to review it with me in the interview but I don't know considering its over 160 pages. They emailed me the day after they sent me the SF86 about setting up the security interview so I had to get everything filled out super quick.

• MitnaSean
      MitnaSean commented
      Editing a comment
      That's awesome, Graeli. My office is having me mail mine in.... I was expecting a date would be chosen to drop it off for review (like yours). Guess every office is different.

• Graeli
      Graeli commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you! I'm going through a very small field office that isn't processing very many applicants so that may have something to do with the differences in how things are going for us.

• Filling out SF86 ... where is everyone else in the process? Eager to hear some feedback.

Comment

• Graeli
      Graeli commented
      Editing a comment
      Right there with you. Scheduled to turn in my 86 on the 20th.

• jodeci88
      jodeci88 commented
      Editing a comment
      Finishing up my SF86, SUPER scheduled for this week.

• Urhero
      Urhero commented
      Editing a comment
      Waiting to be scheduled for poly, had security interview last week. Applied 10/2017

Comment

• completed sf86 and mailed to recruiting office. Waiting to have my SI scheduled.

Comment

• Turned in my 86 and had my security interview today. Wasn’t bad at all, so now it’s on to the poly. The SA i spoke with said that theyre trying to speed up the hiring process to around 120 days instead of the year to year and a half it used to be. It’s been around 70-80 days for me so not quite sure if they’ll make it happen in 120 but it doesn’t seem to be too far off.

Comment

• Graeli
          Graeli commented
          Editing a comment
          He said mine will probably be around the middle of January because so many people are taking leave for the holidays, and most posts I've seen on here say it'll be about a month after your SI, but yours may be faster given that your SI won't be until after New Years and they're trying this expedited hiring thing. The agents that did my SUPER interview said we don't have a PT test until we get to FLETC. Not really sure why they push it that far along, but that's one less thing to worry about for now so I'm not complaining lol

• MitnaSean
          MitnaSean commented
          Editing a comment
          sweet. Thanks for the info Graeli.

• Chuk1990
          Chuk1990 commented
          Editing a comment
          Did they say anything about you making any of the classes in April or May? I've scheduled my Security Interview for January

• Graeli
          Graeli commented
          Editing a comment
          *********************edit
          Last edited by Graeli; 08-02-2018, 09:20 PM.

• Originally posted by Usingcarmex View Post

Classes in April and 1st week of May
        If you have a security interview in January. Is it possible to make one of these April or May Classes?

Comment

• Question for those that have completed the security form.

Have done my eyes exam and have the form completed but Do I also need to go to the doctor for the medical papers that are in the security form or they do that once scheduled for the medical?

Comment

• Chuk1990
            Chuk1990 commented
            Editing a comment
            They told me that was for the medical.

Editing a comment
            Chuk1990 thanks just wanted to make sure, I will drop them off tomorrow at the FO.

• Anyone know why the PT Test is administered 3 times? Is it normal to fail it the first time or something? It looks fairly simple on the website or is there actually more to it?

Comment

• Greetings,

Are BI's completed and or initiated without notifying the candidate first? Or are you always notified first for introduction (the normal process)?

Comment

• Dallas people don't lose hope. Call finally came for me. Now i'm in the process of deciding which FO will be best.
              Last edited by 1811_To_Be; 12-25-2017, 03:44 PM.

Comment

• 1811_To_Be
                1811_To_Be commented
                Editing a comment
                Pretty much same locations as previous posters with the exception of Las Vegas and Reno. Those were not offered to me, instead I was given a couple locations in the midwest. All big metro areas.

• NWcountry31
                NWcountry31 commented
                Editing a comment
                Just to refresh my memory, when did you take the Poly?

• 1811_To_Be
                1811_To_Be commented
                Editing a comment
                @NWcountry 31... I've learned that timeframes don't really matter. Some have gone from application to hiring in 4-5 months, others waited almost two years. It's been more than 6 months since I took the Poly.

• NWcountry31
                NWcountry31 commented
                Editing a comment
                1811_To_Be Thanks for the info!

Last edited by tbaandrew; 01-23-2018, 06:26 PM.

Comment

• MitnaSean
                MitnaSean commented
                Editing a comment
                Moving quickly. Good news.

• QPP1911
                QPP1911 commented
                Editing a comment
                Have you already completed your background investigation?

• tbaandrew
                tbaandrew commented
                Editing a comment
                Last edited by tbaandrew; 01-23-2018, 06:27 PM.

• QPP1911
                QPP1911 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah me either! I took and passed poly last week so I’m just awaiting background and or medical. Those are my last two steps left

Last edited by QPP1911; 12-27-2017, 09:17 AM.

Comment

• Got SUPER scheduled for Wednesday. Ill have to cut vacation short and fly back a week early, but you dont see me complaining!

Comment

• Any intel on the next posting? Hopefully the hiring surge hasn't ended.

Comment

• Is the UD hiring surge over?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9895 users online. 219 members and 9676 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X