Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by tbaandrew; 01-23-2018, 05:24 PM.

Comment

• 911fedz
      911fedz commented
      Editing a comment
      What field office are you processing out?

• HeavyCargo
      HeavyCargo commented
      Editing a comment
      Polygraph schedule . Take it in two weeks

• jodeci88
      jodeci88 commented
      Editing a comment
      Didn't get my SAEE invite until last month. Awaiting call to schedule SUPER.

• I’m afraid I might be stuck in limbo. I took my polygraph towards the beginning of September and haven’t heard anything yet. I spoke to my field office and I got the vibe that they didn’t know anything about me (I went to the ELAC and took the poly at different locations). They took my information and called me back the next day to say that all they could see is that my application packet is under review in DC. They said “no news is good news at this point” and to wait to be contacted. That was a month ago and I have heard nothing but crickets. Has this happened to anyone else? If I failed the polygraph, would I have heard something by now?

Comment

• NWcountry31
      NWcountry31 commented
      Editing a comment
      skol87 I've been waiting since July 17th, 2017 (day of poly) and still haven't heard anything. There's a handful of us that processed out of the Dallas FO and it's been nothing but crickets. I called and spoke with a SA in which the consensus was that if you didn't hear a no go within a few weeks, they are still adjudicating your poly. The polygrapher told me 6-8 weeks up in DC and the SA told me a minimum of 120 days.

• ShockTroopDevilDog
      ShockTroopDevilDog commented
      Editing a comment
      Limbo? lol how about this one to show what a crock of $h1t the USSS is. I took my poly DECEMBER 1ST, 2016 and still had no word back lol complete morons working there

• Home visit scheduled for next week. Suit? Shirt and tie? Polo and khakis? I’m new to this, what’s the consensus on home visit apparel

Comment

• m4x0n
      m4x0n commented
      Editing a comment
      I wore a polo and khakis. They arrived in suits. It was a low key meeting. More to provide spouse or family with the same info they have advised you about the job and answer any questions you may have.

• Hookie1234
      Hookie1234 commented
      Editing a comment
      Jan class?

• Originally posted by OCN_1 View Post
    Home visit scheduled for next week. Suit? Shirt and tie? Polo and khakis? I’m new to this, what’s the consensus on home visit apparel
    I wore a suit and tie and didn't get the impression I was overdressed for one second. That's the uniform. Also splurged and got a box of coffee from Starbucks (I'm not a coffee drinker). It sat untouched. Still, probably best to not be THAT guy that didn't offer refreshments.

Comment

• OCN_1
      OCN_1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I appreciate the response. That’s been noted for sure

• Finally got the call. I've been a long time lurker but I want to thank everyone for their input here. It has been exceptionally helpful.

Good luck everyone. Don't get discouraged if you're not hearing anything. It'll be here before you know it!
    Last edited by iljariodosso; 12-04-2017, 01:52 PM.

Comment

• Lone-ranger
      Lone-ranger commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, that is a crazy circumstance but congratulations on that. The five months between SI and Poly is encouraging to those of us that have been waiting a while too.

Could you share which cities they offered you? I don’t need to know what you chose.

• iljariodosso
      iljariodosso commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you! Yeah waiting can be tough. Cities will be different for everyone.
      Last edited by iljariodosso; 12-04-2017, 01:54 PM.

• Lone-ranger
      Lone-ranger commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for sharing. I’m always curious to know what’s being offered.

• Hey y'all, I'm taking the test tomorrow morning. Any last minute info that I should know? Tips, tricks, etc?

Also, if you take it on a computer, do they give you scrap paper?

Thanks folks

Comment

• emaichbe03
      emaichbe03 commented
      Editing a comment
      Did mine at a Pearson and you got like a laminated dry erase pad. Get a good nights rest, good breakfast, try to channel any adrenaline to make your mind sharper, try to get the question down to at least 2 choices (use your pad to write down the 2 letter choices so you don’t have to keep going over all the responses), and don’t overthink it.

On the picture questions, I noticed per the practice guide they seem to focus on color, quantity, and proximity/distance relationship.

It can be a long test if you have to read the instructions before each section. Since I was familiar with each section from the practice guide, I just clicked through the instructions and was done with the test in 1.5 hours. The quality of your thinking will be much worse if you’re going into 3 hours on the test.

• Huskies03
      Huskies03 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the help, that helped a lot. Color, quality, and proximity was dead on.

Found out almost immediately I passed, so Im pumped about that.

• I received the call this morning. Good luck and god bless to everyone in the process and I will see you down the pipeline.

Applied April 4 Announcement
    SAEE: June 2017
    SUPER: July 2017
    COE: July 2017
    SI: August 2017
    Poly: September 2017
    Medical/Drug Screen: November 2017
    Home Visit: November 2017
    Offered: December 2017

Comment

• Lone-ranger
      Lone-ranger commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats and good luck. You mind sharing what cities you were offered? You don't have to say what you picked.

• 911fedz
      911fedz commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats!! WHAT OFFICE!!!

• HeavyCargo
      HeavyCargo commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats . Are you in the January Class ?

• MitnaSean
      MitnaSean commented
      Editing a comment
      That's really quick. Congrats! Did you already have a TS?

I currently have a TS and had my SUPER interview this past Monday; they advised me they were still going to have to conduct their own background regardless of my current TS clearance.

• Seems like everybody that process out of the Dallas Field office is in limbo. Agree or Disagree?

Applied April 4 Announcement
    SAEE: June 2017
    SUPER: July 2017
    COE: July 2017
    SI: August 2017
    Poly: Waiting
    Medical/Drug Screen: Wishing
    Home Visit: Dreaming
    Offered: Nothing

Comment

• cdubya
      cdubya commented
      Editing a comment
      Poly was in late August. Have heard nothing since.

• OCN_1
      OCN_1 commented
      Editing a comment
      cdubya you haven’t heard anything about your background investigation? What field office are you processing out of? I had my poly on 11/9 and I have my home visit next week, background investigator notified me that he would be done this weekend apparently. I find it odd how some applicant’s processes can take ages while others seem expedited

• cdubya
      cdubya commented
      Editing a comment
      OCN_1 I'm processing out of Dallas. Have heard nothing about the poly (whether I passed or didn't) and nothing about my background investigation. I've noticed a few timelines on here show folks who applied months after I did, and they're already starting FLETC. Luck of the draw?

• OCN_1
      OCN_1 commented
      Editing a comment
      cdubya sounds about right. Could just be a matter of how slammed each FO is with applicants and scheduling at the moment. I guess after your poly, no news is the best news. I would definitely reach out and inquire about your process, though. I started the process in late June and I was told to expect a January academy date.

• At what point do we take the PT test?

Comment

• PITT17
      PITT17 commented
      Editing a comment
      Your first day at FLETC, prior to starting FLETC, during SAITC.

• Shingkei
      Shingkei commented
      Editing a comment
      PITT17 Why is it done 3 times?

• USSS #1 Ranked Worst place to work in federal government, yet another year in a row.

http://bestplacestowork.org/BPTW/index.php

Comment

• Huskies03
      Huskies03 commented
      Editing a comment
      Eh still better than sitting at a desk all day

• Yeah I guess standing all day in one spot with no relief is better.

Comment

• Lone-ranger
      Lone-ranger commented
      Editing a comment
      This comment is hilarious

• DHS is a huge department. This ranking does not necessarily mean that SS is terrible. I worked at the State Dept. when their rankings were in the top three in 2015 and 2016...and I must say the office I worked in was not in any top three!

Point is...take these rankings with a grain of salt.

Comment

• Firefox
      Firefox commented
      Editing a comment
      The Service is pretty bad, poor management, under staffed, and bad morale.

• Bout time I can post!

question for those who completed poly.....how long after your security interview were you scheduled for poly?

I believe I'm moving really quick in this process and I just applied in October.

10pt vet
    bachelors
    5 year leo

Comment

• NWcountry31
      NWcountry31 commented
      Editing a comment
      I was scheduled for my poly two months after the Security Interview. Most folks on here I've seen just a month though.

• Does anyone know if 30% PTSD is a disqualifier?

Comment

• I squeaked by on my private doctor eye exam with 20/60 in one eye. Everything else is all good, and the other eye is no problem, it's just one eye I'm worried about. Will I be tested again during the medical exam, and if so, what happens if I end up testing as worse than I did at the private doctor? If they do test us again in the medical exam, what exactly is the purpose of having us go to a private doctor first?

Also, UrHero, looks like we're in the same bunch and moving at close to the same pace - I applied in October as well and have my security interview on the 20th.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6416 users online. 432 members and 5984 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X