Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will tell you that going to the ELAC is far more faster then your FO doing your paperwork. PM me if you want to know why?

Comment

• Here is why, you are dealing directly with HQ and they will push your paperwork through the process. Once you complete the ELAC, the only hurry up and wait, wait is when you get to the poly and medical.

Comment

• Originally posted by HawkPlt23 View Post

I agree with you. My gut is telling me to stick with my FO rather than doing the ELAC. I too feel there is less room for error. Plus, if you have any questions about the status of something you can always call the FO since they are processing everything. As soon as you go to ELAC its now in the hands of someone outside your local area and both you and your FO are in the dark until the information is forwarded.

Yes, the question I am referring to is one from the vacancy/eligibility questionnaire. There is one question on there that 2 recruiters at the headquarters told me to just mark "no" on because they didn't feel it applied to me. The more and more I think about it I should have just marked "yes". I plan on brining it up during the Super (if there is an opportunity), SI, and Poly. I tell you what, at the Poly I am gonna spill my guts like Chunk from the Goonies when he is getting interrogated by the Fratellis...They are gonna hear absolutely everything and I'm not about to let one thing from my application questions get in the way if I can help it.

Polar27, PM if you don't mind. I assume we got the same ELAC invite which means we might very well be in the same area.
        tried to PM, it says your account doesn't accept PM?

Yeah I hear you though. Better to be honest about "bad" things on the poly than lie and get DQ'd...

Last edited by polar27; 09-03-2017, 10:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 911fedz View Post
          Here is why, you are dealing directly with HQ and they will push your paperwork through the process. Once you complete the ELAC, the only hurry up and wait, wait is when you get to the poly and medical.
          Yeah, I would figure HQs handles you at the ELAC side. Still though, if you're about to have your SUPER and would have to reschedule and wait to go to ELAC, the only difference is the SI. I guess you could save maybe a month doing the ELAC in our shoes... it's obviously significantly faster if you haven't even done the SAEE yet.

Comment

• If you only have the SUPER, then attend the ELAC, after your SUPER, so you can get your FACTOR V done and get pushed through the process quicker. The process is about to come to a holt at a lot of field offices because of a special event, that about to take place every year in a next couple of months.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cda1994 View Post

I was given a piece of paper at the testing center stating that I passed. I have not received an email for USSS about my pass yet, and it has been more than 10 business days.

Same here... I received the same paper at the test center and today will be my 9 business day. Although today is a holiday don't know if should count that. Some people said about 10 business day they receive an email. Hopefully I get one.

Comment

• Would someone provide the information for the fit test or a link to it? From what I understand there is an agency fit test and an applicant fit test. I am trying to determine what the fit standards are when being considered for employment? I heard there is a point system also. I cant find the scale though.

Comment

• No fit test sir!! That's why you will not find it.

Comment

• dsw2013
                  dsw2013 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That would be a good reason! Thanks for the input.

• There is actually a fitness test (APAT I think) but they haven't done it in years from what I've read to applicants.

Comment

• dsw2013
                  dsw2013 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks for the clarification.

• Fit is supposed to be coming back at some point, hopefully soon.
                This is not directed at anyone in particular but if you want to work in law enforcement please be in shape, I'm tired of hearing about guys showing up to class and failing the PT. Fitness should be a way of life not something you train for to get through an academy. Getting off my soap box now.
                Last edited by Firefox; 09-05-2017, 09:37 AM.

Comment

• Home interview was scheduled for this Friday. As I have read here, pretty standard Q&A about the job right? Any additional info would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys!

Comment

• Solemncollector
                    Solemncollector commented
                    Editing a comment
                    How long after poly were you contacted for your next step? I'm still post poly.

• Spudnik1347
                    Spudnik1347 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    If you have a spouse have them ask a lot of questions. The HI is time for you to just go over everything that the agency entails and what the work load is going to look like along with travel. You can ask about the academy dates also. They should know them. Be ready to get "the Call" up to like 72 hours after your home interview. I'll be there October 12.

• MALAMBO83
                    MALAMBO83 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I was contacted 26 days after. And my medical was exactly 30 days later ( 4 days after the call).

• Solemncollector
                    Editing a comment
                    Oh dang. I suppose I don't need to worry if I don't hear back within two weeks of poly then. I wish it was sooner though. I was hoping for a October academy. Does the time it takes to be contacted for medical depend on HQ or your FO?

• For those who have had a home interview... how long did it take for "the call". Once you received "the call" how long did you have to report to training? We're some of you able to negotiate the starting date?

Comment

• Spudnik1347
                    Spudnik1347 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    it was like three or four days after my home interview I got the call. They try to give you like a week to two weeks to report (the usual) depending on your situation you might be able to make adjustments but it is not guaranteed.

• Got the call today, finally. Anyone interested can PM for details.

Comment

• Lone-ranger
                    Lone-ranger commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Congratulations

• FuriousPedant
                    FuriousPedant commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks! I was getting nervous there... my travel date to FLETC is actually my 37th birthday so it was cutting things pretty close. I'm happy with my birthday present, though.

• dsw2013
                    dsw2013 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    What are the FLETC dates?

• FuriousPedant
                    FuriousPedant commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Dates are up in the air due to the hurricane right now, but nominally I'm supposed to travel this Thursday, first day of class next Tues.

• What's the difference between the SUPER and SI ? Passed the SAEE today.

Comment

• FuriousPedant
                    FuriousPedant commented
                    Editing a comment
                    SUPER is the "job interview." SI is where they go page by page over your SF-86 to make sure it's accurate and you have nothing else to declare before poly and background investigation.

• HeavyCargo
                    HeavyCargo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks for the clarification. Just waiting to hear a date for the SUPER then . Passed my SAEE last week . So I know it's a waiting game

• FuriousPedant
                    FuriousPedant commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sure thing. Congrats on passing the test, best of luck through the next sections.

• HeavyCargo
                    HeavyCargo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks and congrats to you also .

• Alright I have a good feeling about Friday. Here's hoping I wake up to a medical scheduling email.

Comment

• Bman4130
                    Bman4130 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    "Not at the level they look for " is a fishing technique like oh dang what questions was i not at the level? Then they dig into you and get you to change/be inconsistent/second guess yourself which is deception and a fail. You're probably fine.
                    Last edited by Bman4130; 09-12-2017, 07:58 AM.

• Solemncollector
                    Editing a comment
                    Bman4130 oh really? She told me that for a few different sections then we redid them and it was fine. She ended it and said that one more time about the last section. It's almost been three weeks should I call my FO or D.C.? It seems to be taking long considering the guy doing it in the room next door from me got medical email two days later (though the date they gave him was the end of the month)

• Bman4130
                    Bman4130 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Is this your first poly? They don't get you failed from the test, they get you from inconsistencies and omissions. Your last question might have been about drug use so "the drug use question is still coming up a little funny...are you sure you never smoked pot?" Uhhhhhhh welll okay I tried it once but it wasn't for me.

Boom. Fail. The test itself didn't get you, you got yourself but the test was used as leverage. Did your answers really come back as deceptive, who knows? But you were inconsistent. This is all an example but I hope you get the point.

• Solemncollector
                    Editing a comment
                    Bman4130 yup its my first, and hopefully last. I see what you mean. Yea they had me go through the drug use one a few times. kept asking me if I was sure of the date I gave them during the poly was right, The form didnt ask for an exact date so I told them late high school was the period of my use of pot. Then during the exam they asked for an exact date where I know from then on I never touched it (she said this is different from what I put on the form. Thats why I wouldn't be deceptive here) I said well since i did late high school then id say August of 20XX when I started university would be 100% that I didnt touch from that date. Whenever we came back to it I had to think to make sure I wasn't mixing up the University start date but I didnt change my answer and held onto that date. Then we moved onto other sections and said I was fine on that section.
                    Last edited by Solemncollector; 09-13-2017, 12:51 AM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5886 users online. 336 members and 5550 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X