300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panel Interview

I received a call today to schedule me for my panel interview. The agent gave me the option for two days in the next week or so to have it scheduled. Well I am excited about the next step, I am reluctant to schedule this right now. Reason being... I am leaving this week for Phase II for the FBI. I have already asked for two days off from work and my boss was more than supportive. However, asking for more time off for the panel so close in proximity to this stretch of time, I do not feel appropriate. Have any of you come across this? Also would the USSS be put off if I asked to have this scheduled when I have my two week vacation in August which I already have scheduled?

Comment

• Originally posted by topgun24fan View Post
      Panel Interview

I received a call today to schedule me for my panel interview. The agent gave me the option for two days in the next week or so to have it scheduled. Well I am excited about the next step, I am reluctant to schedule this right now. Reason being... I am leaving this week for Phase II for the FBI. I have already asked for two days off from work and my boss was more than supportive. However, asking for more time off for the panel so close in proximity to this stretch of time, I do not feel appropriate. Have any of you come across this? Also would the USSS be put off if I asked to have this scheduled when I have my two week vacation in August which I already have scheduled?
      My 2 cents, for whatever that's worth, and it may not be worth much: do it on one of those two days. Those are the days that they have 3 qualified agents in the office and prepared to do panels. Likely they are doing several panels in those two days. Unlikely that they would happen to be set up to do a panel on the particular days that are convenient for you. At best, you'd be delaying your process, and perhaps significantly if they couldn't do it during August. At worst, you might jeopardize your process entirely. Not worth it, imho.

On another note (not directly to you, topgun, but to all) I have my poly scheduled for July 22. So...yay

Comment

• my panel is officially scheduled for this friday!!

Congrats 1811chick on your poly! Is this the first thing after your panel? What's your process looked like thus far?

Comment

• Originally posted by Goose49 View Post
          my panel is officially scheduled for this friday!!

Congrats 1811chick on your poly! Is this the first thing after your panel? What's your process looked like thus far?
          Thanks, Goose, and good luck to you on your panel. Yes, the poly is the next step following the panel. I applied in January 09 under the old system (not usajobs). Initial 3/2/09, TEA 4/1/09, Panel 5/13/09.

Comment

• Originally posted by Up_On_Base
            Good luck, the USSS poly is tough.

Be honest and leave it all out there.

You have a great timeline, maybe the 180 day rumor is true. Guess the USSS needs more people, the campaign was a killer for my old UD classmates.
            Thanks, Up On Base. I know it will be a long day, but at least I already know all the answers to this test.

Comment

• i originally applied under the old system right at the deadline for UD, but the AT that interviewed me told me to just go ahead and apply for SA and to do it through the new system that it would be much quicker.

Is the Medical/Physical and the drug screening on the same day?

Comment

• Today I applied for an internship at my local FO. Two questions: They said they will do a background check on me. As a young college student, I have used alcohol and there are pics on facebook of me using it. I have never gotten into trouble with the law so will this hurt me in the background check process? Also for the interview (if I make it that far) how should I dress? A suit? I am only a soph in college so I didnt know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goose49 View Post
                  i originally applied under the old system right at the deadline for UD, but the AT that interviewed me told me to just go ahead and apply for SA and to do it through the new system that it would be much quicker.

Is the Medical/Physical and the drug screening on the same day?
                  No. At least, not as explained to me by the ASAC at my FO. Remainder of the process (for you) should be panel, poly, med- which has two parts, a blood draw and then a physical exam, two different days, background investigation, home interview and drug screen is the last step before your packet is submitted to the DC hiring panel. Have you already submitted your SF86 and other paperwork? I had to do that prior to them scheduling my panel, but it seems to vary by office.

Comment

• Originally posted by dalcowboys13 View Post
                    Today I applied for an internship at my local FO. Two questions: They said they will do a background check on me. As a young college student, I have used alcohol and there are pics on facebook of me using it. I have never gotten into trouble with the law so will this hurt me in the background check process? Also for the interview (if I make it that far) how should I dress? A suit? I am only a soph in college so I didnt know.
                    Are you 21? And yes, a suit; for the rest of your life, wear a suit to ANY job interview. Well, maybe if you're applying at the Orange Julius in the mall, you can skip the jacket, but otherwise, suit up.

Comment

• Thanks, and no I'm not 21. Will that hurt me?
                      Last edited by dalcowboys13; 07-06-2009, 10:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dalcowboys13 View Post
                        Thanks, and no I'm not 21. Will that hurt me?
                        Well, it won't help. It just depends on what they ask you to disclose and what they uncover in your background.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1811Chick View Post
                          On another note (not directly to you, topgun, but to all) I have my poly scheduled for July 22. So...yay
                          Um, WOW. Congrats! You are now on your way. I'm so happy to hear that 1811. I know you have been waiting for several weeks.

Comment

• Yeah, well I mean I have never gotten into trouble with it such as DUI's or PI's or anything and I'm def not some kind of addict or anything. Anyway, thanks for the help.

Comment

Last edited by skunkworks; 11-06-2009, 10:30 AM. Reason: Location

Comment

• good luck skunk!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12274 users online. 403 members and 11871 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X