Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Secret Service SA hiring process

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Special Agent assigned to me called last week and said he would be busy with UNGA all of September, but he would try to get me reassigned to a different agent. My assumption is that pretty much everyone is busy and I'll be on standby until October lol.

    Does anyone know how likely it is to have any progress during September due to UNGA?

    Comment


    • Solemncollector
      Solemncollector commented
      Editing a comment
      The person who did my poly said I passed, but I haven't heard anything yet, its only been a week. However, another applicant i met at the office who did his in the room next to me has already been contacted to schedule one for the end of the month. Do they not process the poly's as they come into DC? or is it random?

    • Lone-ranger
      Lone-ranger commented
      Editing a comment
      Who knows. I'm just sitting back and relaxing.

    • Solemncollector
      Solemncollector commented
      Editing a comment
      haha I can't relax til I've heard from them for the next step.

    • Lone-ranger
      Lone-ranger commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol you just took the poly so you have to relax until your background is complete. You're gonna drive yourself crazy man

  • Has any one contacted their background investigator to inquire about the status? Mine was started about two months ago in a different state that the one I live in now. I completed my medical tests about a month ago. The SA that's conducting the BI in my current state contacted me about a month ago but haven't heard anything since. I call the SA support once a week and they indicate that my application is still being reviewed and that it looks like the next phase is the medical tests. Any suggestions?

    Comment


    • Solemncollector
      Solemncollector commented
      Editing a comment
      i was told i passed at the end of my poly and im waiting for contact for the next step. I'd say if you still have the number that called you to call it back.

  • Originally posted by 1811_To_Be View Post
    Has any one contacted their background investigator to inquire about the status? Mine was started about two months ago in a different state that the one I live in now. I completed my medical tests about a month ago. The SA that's conducting the BI in my current state contacted me about a month ago but haven't heard anything since. I call the SA support once a week and they indicate that my application is still being reviewed and that it looks like the next phase is the medical tests. Any suggestions?

    What is the number to SA support?? I never get through to anybody, all I go through is machine answered replies. Can never talk to anyone. Feel like I may be calling the wrong number.

    Comment


    • 2_Serve
      2_Serve commented
      Editing a comment
      202-406-5271 and press 0 to speak with someone

  • Can anybody advise what the passing score is for the SAEE? A little Worried about the Language usage section.

    Comment


    • Hello everyone, I took my SAEE on 8/21/17. I received a paper from the testing place that I have passed the exam and that I will be contacted by the USSS H.R for more information of the steps of the hiring process. I have not heard anything since then, not even a proper email saying that I have passed.

      My question is should I call my local field office to see the status or should I just wait a little bit longer? Also how long did it take for you to hear something back?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by David1984 View Post
        Hello everyone, I took my SAEE on 8/21/17. I received a paper from the testing place that I have passed the exam and that I will be contacted by the USSS H.R for more information of the steps of the hiring process. I have not heard anything since then, not even a proper email saying that I have passed.

        My question is should I call my local field office to see the status or should I just wait a little bit longer? Also how long did it take for you to hear something back?
        Same here. Took my test in August, passed and now waiting. I personally am going to wait to be contacted, as it seems USSS, or any other department for that matter, will correspond eventually. May or may not hurt to call HR, and I'm sure others who are further along can provide that info, but it doesn't hurt to just be patient; no news is good news.

        If you call let us know what they tell you.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Cda1994 View Post

          Same here. Took my test in August, passed and now waiting. I personally am going to wait to be contacted, as it seems USSS, or any other department for that matter, will correspond eventually. May or may not hurt to call HR, and I'm sure others who are further along can provide that info, but it doesn't hurt to just be patient; no news is good news.

          If you call let us know what they tell you.

          Comment


          • For sure I'll post any news I get and share. Thanks for the info.

            Comment


            • Received the call on Thursday and after two days of negotiations, I have accepted the position. If you guys have questions feel free to PM me. Goodluck guys! I hope to see some of you at FLETC!

              Comment


              • IronmanAthlete
                IronmanAthlete commented
                Editing a comment
                Congrats! Were you able to negotiate a step increase? Or location? are they flexible with both?

              • Spudnik1347
                Spudnik1347 commented
                Editing a comment
                I tried to negotiate a paid move but got denied lol. Other than that we were able to agree on pay and location.

              • dsw2013
                dsw2013 commented
                Editing a comment
                Congrats, was the location you received on the "wish list"?
                How long has it been from your poly to the final offer?
                What are the FLETC dates?

              • Chuk1990
                Chuk1990 commented
                Editing a comment
                How were you able to negotiate a step increase. Are you already a federal employee? Can you do this without being a federal employee?

            • I believe they said 70%. They didn't tell you your score after you took it?

              Originally posted by HeavyCargo View Post
              Can anybody advise what the passing score is for the SAEE? A little Worried about the Language usage section.

              Comment


              • HeavyCargo
                HeavyCargo commented
                Editing a comment
                I haven't taken it yet. I take my test on Thursday

              • m4x0n
                m4x0n commented
                Editing a comment
                It's 70% but you won't ever know your score. You'll only receive and email saying you passed or failed.

            • Still haven't received an email saying I passed. How long it took for you to get an official email?

              Comment


              • m4x0n
                m4x0n commented
                Editing a comment
                They say up to 10 business days. Mine came in 8 business days.

              • HeavyCargo
                HeavyCargo commented
                Editing a comment
                My test site told me I passed and gave me a paper.

            • Deleted...
              Last edited by HawkPlt23; 09-05-2017, 04:21 PM.

              Comment


              • Lone-ranger
                Lone-ranger commented
                Editing a comment
                I suggest keeping the SUPER schedules at your field office and doing the ELAC. When you make it to ELAC, they'll send you straight to the Security Interview. Some folks have mentioned taking the poly at ELAC, but there was no mention of that at mine. Either way, ELAC is accelerated and I feel it's best to go that route.

                As for your initial application, the whole point of the Security Interview is to clear up any discrepancies or mistakes. That's your last chance to make any adjustments before the poly so you'll be good if you need to change anything.

            • Originally posted by David1984 View Post
              Still haven't received an email saying I passed. How long it took for you to get an official email?
              I was given a piece of paper at the testing center stating that I passed. I have not received an email for USSS about my pass yet, and it has been more than 10 business days.

              Comment


            • I am in the same boat as a few of you guys. I'm scheduled for a SUPER this week but just got an ELAC invite. My gut is telling me to stick with the SUPER and process out of the FO in my region. Less room for error that way, less commotion, etc. I suppose if I didn't already take the SAEE I would consider the ELAC more. Ultimately, I doubt it really matters that much.

              Regarding passing SAEE stuff, just hang in there. I took my sheet of paper that said I passed and scanned it for my records just in case. I was emailed 8 days after SAEE to schedule my SUPER. I think if somewhere between 3-4 weeks go by and you don't hear anything (and you know you passed) I would email SA support.


              Originally posted by HawkPlt23 View Post

              Also side note... While having random thoughts something came to mind that changes one of my answers on the initial application and I'm sure it will be asked during the SI and Poly... Anyone think it will be detrimental that the initial application has one answer and at the SI and poly I will give a different answer?
              Are you referring to the vacancy/eligibility questions when you say "initial app"? If so, i don't think it's detrimental at all to add new things. It would be detrimental if you weren't truthful/didn't answer the question to the best of your knowledge on the SI/poly since they matter way more than the vacancy questions. I wouldn't worry about that at all. Most of us are shotgunning 1811 apps left and right and I don't think they will fault you during the SI/poly for genuinely forgetting something on the vacancy questionnaire.




              best of luck to all of you!
              Last edited by polar27; 09-03-2017, 09:39 PM.

              Comment


              • Deleted...
                Last edited by HawkPlt23; 09-05-2017, 04:20 PM.

                Comment

                MR300x250 Tablet

                Collapse

                What's Going On

                Collapse

                There are currently 11107 users online. 429 members and 10678 guests.

                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                Welcome Ad

                Collapse
                Working...
                X