Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guys, it's not the size or scope of the protectee or the family that is the main issue. Except for SES members, all GS agents are by law salary capped at Level IV of the Executive Schedule, which is currently $161,900. That means that no GS agent can exceed that amount on an annualized basis, or about $6227 per pay period. Agents receive LEAP plus scheduled overtime (SOT) , so it's very easy to hit the cap. A GS-13 Step 10 doesn't hit the cap on salary or LEAP alone, but a GS-14 Step 5 and above does. I retired as a GS-15 Step 8 and hit the cap with no LEAP, so all of my overtime for several years was unpaid.

Comment

Last edited by Futuristic1811; 08-25-2017, 12:25 PM.

Comment

• Spudnik1347
        Spudnik1347 commented
        Editing a comment
        PM'd you. Thanks

• Solemncollector
        Solemncollector commented
        Editing a comment
        I requested to subscribe. seem I have to do that before PM.

• Took and passed SAEE, now in a holding period. I was originally an applicant to the April announcement.

Comment

• I just passed my SAEE and am curious when the fitness test comes into play? I have been reviewing this thread and have not seen a lot of talk about the initial Physical Abilities Test. I have noticed that it is stated that you "may" have to take the test and that the information I have been able to find basically mentions that it is not a pass or fail test but that it is used to make the selection process more stringent when they want to. To my understanding the fitness test only has a passing score while in the academy. I know for the UD it is given at the ELAC. Can anyone give any information on this in regards to the SA process?

HSI Agents don't have a fitness test, is USSS now doing the same?
        Last edited by Trispengel; 08-24-2017, 12:12 AM.

Comment

• If you are asked to take a PT test during the hiring process it is pass fail. Most recent applicants have not been asked to PT but that could change any day.

Comment

• Have any June ELAC applicants received their poly call?
            Last edited by goldy; 08-24-2017, 05:48 AM.

Comment

• Home Interview Scheduled for Monday

Comment

• m4x0n
                m4x0n commented
                Editing a comment
                Congratulations!

• Originally posted by Spudnik1347 View Post
              Home Interview Scheduled for Monday
              Can you share the rest of your timeline, when you put in etc? Good luck Monday!

Comment

• Spudnik1347
                Spudnik1347 commented
                Editing a comment
                Ummm Lets see if i can remember
                Applied in 2015 and Passed the SAEE in 2015
                Was contacted again in 2017 if i was still interested and continued the process
                SUPER in Feb 2017
                SI May 2017
                Poly in July 2017
                Medical in Aug 2017
                Home Interview Aug 2017
                Background I think started after the POLY

There you go.

• Can someone clarify when you get notified of your first Duty station? I received a conditional offer via email. Do I go through the entire investigation and poly before I find out my first duty station? Just curious since usss handles this different than other agencies.

Comment

• Lone-ranger
                Lone-ranger commented
                Editing a comment
                When you get a final offer

• Dirtdiver27
                Dirtdiver27 commented
                Editing a comment
                It's a conditional offer, means nothing more than them being able to ask you the good stuff. Way to early to be thinking of duty stations right now. Good luck!! It's a hell of a ride

• Home Interview went well very informative (feel free to PM me if you have questions). Short and sweet. Anything new for anyone?

Comment

• Just had the poly. Only 2 hours and it didn't go well so I'm expecting my letter in the mail soon!

Comment

• Spudnik1347
                  Spudnik1347 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  oh man I'm sorry to hear that. What happened? you never know though stay positive and maybe they will have you retake it.

• 1811_WannaBe
                  1811_WannaBe commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Told I reacted to one of the questions. I'm surprised I was super nervous for weeks about it because it was my first poly but was surprisingly calm yesterday and today. If I had something to give them I would have but everything I confessed to wasn't what they were looking for soooo idk!

• ShockTroopDevilDog
                  ShockTroopDevilDog commented
                  Editing a comment
                  drug use? what did you tell them?

• rathos
                  rathos commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Every polygraph operator I have talked to has told me they will say you reacted to any question that they don't believe. Usually it is to try and get you to confess more or see if you held anything back. Hopefully that was the case here. Good luck!

• opened in error

Comment

• Has anybody from the July announcement heard anything back?

Comment

• Does HQ often disagree with the poly examiners finding? Like if they pass you is unusual for HQ to say otherwise?

Comment

• Hello everyone,

I finally was able to complete the login process. I would like to post my time line as it has helped me so far reading about other people and all the info that this post contains.

Application: April 4
                      ELAC: June 11 Ft. Mead, MD
                      Poly: August 1 (FO Richmond received call on July 17)
                      Medical: Sep 1 HQ DC (Recived call Aug 29)
                      Drug Screening: Aug 30 (Received email Aug 30)
                      BI: Started by FO in Richmond ( I am assuming these past days)
                      Home visit: ??

So let´s keep praying!!!

Mo

Comment

• Lone-ranger
                        Lone-ranger commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Congrats on your progress so far. Definitely keep praying for the best.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8347 users online. 264 members and 8083 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X