300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by USMC86 View Post
    Anyone on here go a few months without hearing anything and then finally heard something? If so was is it good or bad news? :/
    Hey Devil Dog... I was away and didn't look at the board but this happened to me last week.

initially I flew through, applied in Aug, did an ELAC first week of December, poly just before Christmas, medical and home interview by mid Jan and BI investigator submitted my packet the weekend of MLK day. Then dead silence.

Last week got an email that I was medically dq'ed due to sleep apnea but that I had 30 days to appeal with new info from my doc. Rushed to get it and sent it off on Saturday, Fed Ex confirmed delivery today.
    ​​​​​​
    I'm a little ****ed they waited so long to tell me, since I checked the box back in January that I had sleep apnea. I could've sent my appeal much earlier. Still, at least I know I'm still in process now.

So yes, you can go a long time without hearing anything, and it's probably even money as to whether it's good or bad.

​​​

Comment

• chipperjones
      chipperjones commented
      Editing a comment
      For sleep apnea? Maybe I don't understand enough about sleep apnea or the job, but why does that even come close to mattering?

• Lone-ranger
      Lone-ranger commented
      Editing a comment
      I could see their concern....it's a sleep disorder and a job that openly deprives you of sleep. Maybe they feel that if the little bit of sleep you do get will be inefficient, then it could affect job performance. However, if a doctor signs off on it, then they'll probably let it slide.

• FuriousPedant
      FuriousPedant commented
      Editing a comment
      I sort of get their concerns, along the lines of what Lone Ranger said. What was surprising to me and my provider was that the DQ letter stated that my condition was likely to be aggravated, which seems like a stretch.

Anyway, I'm generally compliant with CPAP, I travel a lot and haven't had a problem, etc, so I'm hoping they accept my appeal. All in all, though, I wish I hadn't gone to the sleep study 2 months before I applied, haha.

• Applied in March
    SAEE - June
    Passed - July
    Interview - August

..... Slowly but surely.
    Last edited by Fail2Launch; 08-08-2017, 02:11 PM.

Comment

• March - Applied
      June - ELAC - Jacksonville- SAEE/ INTERVIEW/ SECURITY
      POLY - ???
      MEDICAL - ???

Comment

• Lone-ranger
        Lone-ranger commented
        Editing a comment
        Same boat with July ELAC

• I heard back and have been scheduled for my poly end of the month. Anyone have an idea of the timeline of poly to the call?

Comment

• Solemncollector
        Solemncollector commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! now that I've got it scheduled I am pretty confident in making it to the academy! at least I hope so lol.

• ShockTroopDevilDog
        ShockTroopDevilDog commented
        Editing a comment
        don't hold your breath. you're not out of the woods yet.

• Spudnik1347
        Spudnik1347 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Shock Dog have you heard anything yet?

• ShockTroopDevilDog
        Editing a comment
        Spudnick... a close family friend of mine is a gs13 with the USSS and is causing waves to get some word because it has been a lonnnggg time and nobody has the slightest clue on where i am in the process or anything

• Who can I email regarding the results of my polygraph. I talked to my field office and they said headquarters hasn't sent in my results yet. Anybody know any emails for headquarters or anything ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Spudnik1347 View Post
      try emailing [email protected]

Thanks spud !

Comment

• Spudnik1347
        Spudnik1347 commented
        Editing a comment
        No Problem, hopefully they will get back to you.

• Anybody getting some progress with the hiring process besides my dawg spudnik?? lol I'm still waiting on my results from my polygraph. I emailed sasupport about my polygraph results and they replied saying "my application is still under review". Don't know why they called it application, anyways, but I'm still patiently waiting.

Comment

• ShockTroopDevilDog
        Editing a comment
        that response is like a copy and paste response to everyone lol i took the poly 8 months ago and i continue to get that same answer every time i email them lol

• Just got "the call" today. Was given 4 field offices to pick from. They said the FLETC will begin 08/24 and I should fly out before then. Will sign paper work tomorrow. Good luck to all! If anyone else makes in through message me -- I would like to acquaint myself with somebody prior to training.

Comment

• Solemncollector
        Editing a comment
        Congrats. I'm hoping to get the call next month after poly but who knows lol

• Lgtimlisner
        Lgtimlisner commented
        Editing a comment
        Congratulations! Which offices did they offer you?

• Do you hear that????? Nothing but crickets on this forum now. Anything New? Whose ready for football season?

Comment

• Spudnik1347
        Spudnik1347 commented
        Editing a comment
        You know I've been called by my friends and co workers that they met with a background investigator but no one has contacted me about a background. So what's the deal with that? What is the deal with the background investigation? is the BQA your background? I've never heard of these new ACRONYMS lol.

• rathos
        rathos commented
        Editing a comment
        Guessing BQA is better qualified applicant by the info that was given.

• CTA2017
        CTA2017 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup, GL to all.

• Solemncollector
        Editing a comment
        Are they meeting with people you had on your form? or others?

• USSS is so lost in the sauce. Have a few friends who are in and they said they are all over the place. I always am found qualified, but not among the best qualified. No harm no foul, though I am currently 6c FLEO and was just hired by another 1811 agency, and am pending a call from another. But I threw in again recently.

This time, even though I am qualified (though again admittedly not among the best qualified), I received an email saying I was not qualified at all. Which is non-sense. But again, no worries, on another track now. Despite being told I was removed from the process, I then received an email to schedule my entry exam a few days later. Then just this week, I received another email today saying I am among the best qualified group.

So yeah. Hope you guys are having a smoother application than I am, though I am declining testing. Good luck to all. My friends who are in now like the job, but please have a serious talk with your significant others. My wife's best friend was my buddy's wife, and they relocated for USSS. She told my wife on the phone recently she is always lonely, as he was gone 3 out of 4 weeks a month right out of FLETC. Not trying to discourage, but is is the reality. But the job is exciting and he has traveled all over the world already fresh out of training. Great pay and benefits as well.
      UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
      "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• ShockTroopDevilDog
        Editing a comment
        i took my poly 9 months ago and they told me i am "still in process" loll

• jj858
        jj858 commented
        Editing a comment
        You're not among the best? That's crazy since your already an 1811.

• JeJe
        JeJe commented
        Editing a comment
        I applied and by the time I submitted my SF86 they said no thanks. USSS hiring process is a total mess.

• Solemncollector ... don't quote me but I'm certain that in order to have a thorough... unbiased investigation they'll go beyond the people listed on the forms you turned in. For example if you listed a neighbor... they'll talk to the other neighbors. If you listed a friend... they'll prove for other people who may know you. The assumption is that the people you listed will speak highly of you anyways.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1811_To_Be View Post
        Solemncollector ... don't quote me but I'm certain that in order to have a thorough... unbiased investigation they'll go beyond the people listed on the forms you turned in. For example if you listed a neighbor... they'll talk to the other neighbors. If you listed a friend... they'll prove for other people who may know you. The assumption is that the people you listed will speak highly of you anyways.
        Ah, I figured that was the case. No worries then. How long are USSS BI's running these days?

Comment

• Poly scheduled

Comment

• dsw2013
            dsw2013 commented
            Editing a comment
            Where did you apply out of?

• Not sure how much of this is true, but I read that the USSS doesn't have enough money to pay their agents due to trump's frequent travel and large family.

Just thought I'd share what I read

Comment

• Spudnik1347
            Spudnik1347 commented
            Editing a comment
            well the new budget should come through in October so we shall see how much gets approved. Fingers Crossed!

• rathos
            rathos commented
            Editing a comment
            If you read the article they are at the max listed for salary and overtime and not supposed to receive any more for that those specific agents. if they pay them for the extra hours they would not be able to pay for the other agents they have in the budget. I guess it would be possible for them to bump some spots to pay those agents, but I am guessing they will just pass an amendment in congress to allow for extra money.

• Spudnik1347
            Spudnik1347 commented
            Editing a comment
            @rathos

They will get the money from another agency. Don't stress it.

• rathos
            rathos commented
            Editing a comment
            not stressed at all, quite the opposite. Was trying to provide some calming facts, apparently it wasn't very calming...

• Originally posted by USMC86 View Post
          Not sure how much of this is true, but I read that the USSS doesn't have enough money to pay their agents due to trump's frequent travel and large family.

Just thought I'd share what I read
          Yea I'm kinda worried. How likely is it that some of us are bumped due to budget issues?

Comment

• Spudnik1347
            Spudnik1347 commented
            Editing a comment
            There has been budget issues since the Obama administration. There's always budget issues when it comes to the government because no one can agree on anything. So don't stress it. If they freeze anything, we will all be on a freeze until its fixed and then we start right back up where we left off. Breathe easy my friend. Also keep in mind they always try to put the blame on someone else. I'm sure Trump being president is a little bit of an adjustment for everyone because a multi millionaire has never been president before (at least I think) so they just adapt and over come. There's always money hiding somewhere lol.
            Last edited by Spudnik1347; 08-21-2017, 11:25 PM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5054 users online. 299 members and 4755 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X