Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just wanted to throw it out there I'm not sure if someone had already posted this or not. Now don't hold me up to this 100% buttttttttttttt I made some contacts with my connections and did some digging. For those of you towards the end of the application process. Supposedly there are three more CITP classes that were "pre-planned" for the rest of FY 17. Dates are looking like 8/29, 9/7, 9/19. The length of these classes at FLETC are 83 days long. I don't know if they are filled already or not. My contacts didn't say. So I'm sorry for not knowing, I tried. Hope this helps.

Comment

• Solemncollector
      Solemncollector commented
      Editing a comment
      Crap, I am hoping to get in for September but no sign of my polygraph in sight. I wonder if they are waiting to have more people in my area at this step to do them all together.

• goldy
      goldy commented
      Editing a comment
      Solemncollector Told poly would be in around a month after I completed ELAC in June, hoping it won't be much longer now.

Last edited by m4x0n; 11-16-2017, 11:52 AM.

Comment

• Spudnik1347
      Spudnik1347 commented
      Editing a comment
      I just submitted my paperwork from the poly. They will be directly billed for the hotel and the airfare. The only transport expenses they will cover is Taxi service and uber service, if you get a rental like i did they will not reimburse you for that. There was a form i needed to complete that asked for miles traveled to and from the airport and from the hotel to the examination place. I don't know what part of that they will reimburse but once i get it approved and something back I will let you know. They also reimburse luggage fees.

• Nieto2588
      Nieto2588 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hmmm.. My airfare was prepaid, but the hotel and all other expenses were out of pocket and are pending reimbursement.

• You're ahead of the game a little since you still have the panel upcoming. However, I just completed the poly and travelled out of state for it. So, yes, they will reimburse your airfare, parking, lodging, and mileage if it comes to that. They won't reimburse meals or anything else.

Comment

• Solemncollector
      Editing a comment
      how long did you wait for your poly?

• Nieto2588
      Nieto2588 commented
      Editing a comment
      About a month after my security interview. I applied in March and am almost done with the process. Thankfully, it's been moving quickly.

• Solemncollector
      Editing a comment
      Jealous lol I'm sure you've seen me posting for a while. I'm nearing 3 months with no word.

• Anyone on here go a few months without hearing anything and then finally heard something? If so was is it good or bad news? :/

Comment

• I applied for the July 2017 announcement. However, I just got one-year active duty orders to deploy to Germany with the U.S. Marine Corps Europe/Africa Command. Does anyone know if I can continue through the process in Frankfurt, Germany? I.E. taking the SAEE and SUPER... I don't see my command letting fly back and forth to the U.S. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by OrtezK View Post
        I applied for the July 2017 announcement. However, I just got one-year active duty orders to deploy to Germany with the U.S. Marine Corps Europe/Africa Command. Does anyone know if I can continue through the process in Frankfurt, Germany? I.E. taking the SAEE and SUPER... I don't see my command letting fly back and forth to the U.S. Thanks in advance.
        the answer to your question is most definitely no.

Comment

• OrtezK
          OrtezK commented
          Editing a comment
          That's what I'm assuming. I went back in and changed my address to Stuttgart, Germany. There was an option for selecting Frankfurt as the closes location to where I reside. Crossing my fingers. I was more than halfway through the Border Patrol hiring process back in 2011 when I was deployed to Afghanistan. Never heard from them after the fact.

• Whoever has taken their medical already, I have a dumb question. Once the doctor fills out all of your paperwork are you supposed to mail it to your field office or to DC. Or do they fill it out and the doctors mail it out? Just curious the instructions weren't very clear.

Comment

• Just a quick question in terms of assignments in the Secret Service. Once you're assigned to a location, how long are you required to be in that location before you can request to transfer to a different duty location? I'd appreciate any information that can be provided. Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bruin85 View Post
            Just a quick question in terms of assignments in the Secret Service. Once you're assigned to a location, how long are you required to be in that location before you can request to transfer to a different duty location? I'd appreciate any information that can be provided. Thank you.
            The way it works is you are assigned an office and work investigations for ~4 years. Then you must relocate and work in DC for the protection phase for ~6 years. After that, you can go back to your old office or try to get a different one.

Comment

• Hey quick question for you guys that have finished the SF 86, for the relatives part, I have more then the allotted entrees, what did you do? add them at the end in comments?

Comment

• Spudnik1347
                Spudnik1347 commented
                Editing a comment
                Towards the end of the packet they have additional pages for some sections. You can add them there or if it's not that many extra, add them to the comment page towards the end of that section.

• chipperjones
                chipperjones commented
                Editing a comment
                thanks! much appreciated

• Hey all, Repeat question here but trying to see if it gets more response the second go around. Anyone had experience with the "have you illegally downloaded music, videos, or software in the past 3 years on multiple occasions"? I was deployed to Afghanistan in 2014-2015 and pretty much the only options were to download stuff/share movies from other peoples hard drives or buy the bootlegged videos sold on base. Called about 4 different agents/recruiters and they all said pretty much the same thing... They didn't care how recently I downloaded or what I downloaded, just as long as its not a habitual go home and download 20 movies a night type of thing, Im not selling them for profit, and I cease and decist all downloading activity upon application I should be good. Its been quite some time since Ive downloaded anything but it has been within 3 years. They all recommended I mark "No" on the application and then bring it up as soon as I conduct my interview and notify the interviewer of the guidance I was given. Has anyone else had a similar situation? Has it been an issue? If you mark yes its an automatic disqualification so I guess it wouldn't matter whether I marked no, explained, and then get released vs if I had said yes and got removed right at the beginning. Thoughts?

Comment

• A380
                A380 commented
                Editing a comment
                Go ahead and mark no. The agent said to me was they only care if you were trying to make a profit off of the illegal downloads

• Originally posted by mose904 View Post
              Hey guys, I completed my polygraph Friday in Dallas. They told me I should hear something in 2-3 weeks. I just want to know is it bad if they asked me if I have stole something before in my life and I said yes? It was like a $20(at the most) little ring and a some flash cards $10(at the most) is that going to hurt my chances, since we are in law enforcement I would think they don't like people who have stolen, yet it was in the past. I just want to know, I mean I feel like everybody has stolen something even if it was a pack of gum.

Hey guys didn't really get a response from anybody on this post. Can I get some advice?? Monday will be my 3rd week that I haven't heard anything about my polygraph results yet. Is this falling under the "no news is good news rule?" Or do you think I'm out of the hiring process?? Just want some answers.

Comment

• Spudnik1347
                Spudnik1347 commented
                Editing a comment
                No news is good news. You should be getting a call soon for your medical. Hang in there.

• ShockTroopDevilDog
                ShockTroopDevilDog commented
                Editing a comment
                im 8 months after poly with no word don't worry broseph

• My BI has started!

Comment

• Does anyone know if you have to retake the SAEE, if you passed it previously (2015 in my case). Planning on attending ELAC soon, but can't get confirmation if I need to retake.

Comment

• JeJe
                JeJe commented
                Editing a comment
                if you have your test scores take them with you and show them and they may let you slide.

• I was invited to ELAC in Jacksonville and there was an applicant that previously took the SAEE, and they just took him to the next step. So I was told once you pass the SAEE you are good.

Comment

• goldy
                goldy commented
                Editing a comment
                I was also at Jax Elac, have you gotten a call for your poly yet?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10498 users online. 387 members and 10111 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X