Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long time lurker here. Was part of the March opening. Just was invited to the ELAC(s) in Nor Cal, but due to work and cost I cannot attend. They did say that the written test would need to be completed prior to attending so guessing they will be sending out invites to that shortly (ELACs were in late August). They did say that you would know the score of your test and if you passed that day. It also appears that they use a third party testing company from the comments made (can any one confirm this?).

Comment

• Hey guys, I completed my polygraph Friday in Dallas. They told me I should hear something in 2-3 weeks. I just want to know is it bad if they asked me if I have stole something before in my life and I said yes? It was like a $20(at the most) little ring and a some flash cards $10(at the most) is that going to hurt my chances, since we are in law enforcement I would think they don't like people who have stolen, yet it was in the past. I just want to know, I mean I feel like everybody has stolen something even if it was a pack of gum.

Comment

• ShockTroopDevilDog
        ShockTroopDevilDog commented
        Editing a comment
        expect a warrant squad at your front door soon. you're going to do hard time in the slammer for that one

• Originally posted by ShockTroopDevilDog View Post
      expect a warrant squad at your front door soon. you're going to do hard time in the slammer for that one

Im being serious though. I just want to know will they no longer consider you in the hiring process for stealing something that little.

Comment

• So, I passed the SAEE in June and got the ELAC invite for the west coast...I thought the ELAC was for the SAEE as well? I guess its just the SUPER and SI for me then? and that takes 10-12 hours? anyone else do this and di it take that long?

Comment

• Lone-ranger
        Lone-ranger commented
        Editing a comment
        The whole thing is 10-12 hours. At my ELAC, those that already passed the SAEE went straight to SUPER. Someone on here said they do poly's at the ELAC. I didn't get that option, but was told I'd be contacted by the field office to schedule the poly later....I hadn't taken my SAEE prior to ELAC so maybe that's why the poly wasn't offered on site.

• chipperjones
        chipperjones commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh good to know. Thanks for the info!

• So I know the grades go 7, 9, 11, 12, 13. But when do you switch from the GL to GS scale? On the announcement it stated you start at GL 7 or GL 9 with promotion potential to GS13. Just curious how it all works.

Comment

• Spudnik1347
        Spudnik1347 commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't know how much you make but change is a little scary but in the long run I'm sure it will be worth it once you get that 13. I'm under the rest of the US pay scale and I would come in as a 9-10 vs my current 12-3 and they say they have to match your pay but in some areas its almost a 12k pay cut for me. I have no idea how they plan on matching it if its that much of a difference. From what I've been told they cannot drop me that low. But who knows.

• Lone-ranger
        Lone-ranger commented
        Editing a comment
        Spud, if you don't mind, could you please keep us updated on that pay topic? I was told that max entry level is 9-step 10. I'm a current fed employee too so if they'll match higher salaries beyond the 9-10 then I'd be happy to hear that.

• Spudnik1347
        Spudnik1347 commented
        Editing a comment
        Lone-ranger check your PM

• OhNo622
        OhNo622 commented
        Editing a comment
        Spudnik can you send me the same information as well... thank you.

• SA announcement opens up tomorrow through the 28th or the first 3000 applicants.

Comment

• Originally posted by LBJfan4life View Post
        SA announcement opens up tomorrow through the 28th or the first 3000 applicants.

Where did you hear that from? Or where did you see that at?

Comment

• Can someone message me and give me an idea on how the HOME INTERVIEW goes down? Who comes to my house and what is discussed/decided at that point of the process? Thanks for any info.

Comment

• Time Line Update. Medical Scheduled for August! Moving along.

Comment

• Solemncollector
              Solemncollector commented
              Editing a comment
              jealous haha, im still sitting here waiting to be contacted to schedule my polygraph.

• Spudnik1347
              Spudnik1347 commented
              Editing a comment
              lol don't stress it. Your time is coming.

• Solemncollector
              Solemncollector commented
              Editing a comment
              i was thinking of calling hq

• A question about the poly. If you fail the poly can you ever reapply or are you done?

Comment

• Assad
              Assad commented
              Editing a comment
              Don't take my word for it 100% but I believe if you fail, it doesn't disqualify you from ever applying. The only way that happens if you're docked for countermeasures. That's how it was for me doing the DEA process but I am not sure if its the same case with SS.

• Spudnik1347
              Spudnik1347 commented
              Editing a comment
              According to what I was told during my Security interview, If you fail anything in Phase II of the process, you were no longer eligible to apply for a Special Agent position with the secret service. That's what I was told idk how true that is but they made that perfectly clear to me.

• Just applied to the July 2017 vacancy. Can anyone tell me how long the process has been taking from application to FLETC?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jwebb514 View Post
              Just applied to the July 2017 vacancy. Can anyone tell me how long the process has been taking from application to FLETC?
              Exactly 267 days

Comment

• Originally posted by Jwebb514 View Post
                Just applied to the July 2017 vacancy. Can anyone tell me how long the process has been taking from application to FLETC?
                100% this is the dude that will get the job.

Comment

• I just applied for the July 2017 announcement. I only have a few posts on this forum and don't rate making new posts. Would it be worth making a new post regarding this announcement? If so, can someone be kind enough to do so?

Comment

• Originally posted by Galeo21 View Post

Exactly 267 days
                    Was hoping for 265 or less but thanks anyway.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10721 users online. 384 members and 10337 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X