Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any word on the next open announcement? PM me.

Comment

• Does anyone know if you can change the level that you are applying for after your application has already been accepted on USA jobs? I am currently referred for testing. I recently spoke to an agent who was prior military and he went in at the GL 9 level. I only applied for the GL 7 level. Just wondering if it's possible to change that now

Comment

• HawkPlt23
        HawkPlt23 commented
        Editing a comment
        So at no point through the entire hiring process are you able to change from applying for GL 7 GL to GL 9? If that is indeed the case do I have to completely reapply and wait for the next vacancy announcement?

• chipperjones
        chipperjones commented
        Editing a comment
        You wouldn't really qualify for the 9 unless you have masters or were prior gs 7 for a year. I don't have a master, but qualified for gs 9. I have been a gs 7 for over a year...

• HawkPlt23
        HawkPlt23 commented
        Editing a comment
        Well after speaking with the agent he felt I might qualify for the 9 level. I am currently a captain and have been serving in a position one pay grade higher for nearly a year as the operations officer in charge (S3) for my battalion. The agent mentioned that a lot of my duties with writing reports, planning, and etc that I put in my resume all pretty much fall into the 9 level qualifications

• chipperjones
        chipperjones commented
        Editing a comment
        Ahh in that case maybe, but I work with a guy that was anot O3 in the army and he's a 7 because no masters. But every place is different, but I think it's too late to upgrade it now, the only thing you can do is wait or try to ask for the gl9 if you get offered the job. Good Luck.

• Is anyone on this post starting FLETC 31 July? I received "the call" about 10 days ago. The agent said I was to expect a FEDEX package last Monday or Wednesday but I haven't received anything as of yet.

Comment

• Does anyone know if there is an ELAC in Jacksonville soon?? thanks
        17-10 APPLICANT
        TEST PASSED: AUGUST 15TH
        Conditional Job Officer: SEPTEMBER 15
        E-QIP: 10/26 SUBMITTED
        E-QIP: 1-4-18 SENT TO OPR
        Medical Exam: 3/10 CLEARED
        PFT 1: 9/25/17 PASSED
        SI: 3/16 passed
        POLY: 5/16 pending results
        BI: in progress
        DRUG: in progress

Comment

• Originally posted by JeJe View Post
          Does anyone know if there is an ELAC in Jacksonville soon?? thanks
          There was one at the end of June. Not sure of another.

Comment

• JeJe
            JeJe commented
            Editing a comment
            ah ok. I hope there is another one I just wanna do my Poly and get it over with.

• Lone-ranger
            Lone-ranger commented
            Editing a comment
            I thought that was done at your field office after the ELAC

• JeJe
            JeJe commented
            Editing a comment
            they do it at the ELAC. But Medical is done at FO

• Lone-ranger
            Lone-ranger commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice. They didn't even offer it to me. Just said to wait for a call/email.

• Anyone testing out of Chicago division? PM me

Comment

• Good Afternoon,

Did anyone else out there apply to any of the recent SA Postings for ICTAP and VEOA Eligibles? These are for re-employable former feds and veterans with preference. I applied to one for San Francisco that closed on 6/2/2017 and one for New York that closed on 7/7/2017. So far my San Francisco application has been referred to management, but there have not been any updates for New York.

I haven't seen anyone writing about these particular postings (there was also one for Los Angeles), so I was curious if anyone had made it any further in the process or had heard when the next hiring events might be occurring in the DC area.

Comment

• jasdavis00
              jasdavis00 commented
              Editing a comment
              It might be another week or two before you are referred for the New York posting. I think it took about a month before I was referred for my initial app. And if you have been referred for one posting you may not hear anything for the latter. I could be wrong but essentially you'll be placed at the needs of the USSS. Once talent and acquisitions has you in the pipeline your other apps really don't matter. Once again I could be wrong. My verbiage is based on my experience and what I've heard. I start next week. Woohoo

• Just a time line update. Completed Poly yesterday in Dallas. I feel it went well but it was definitely an interesting experience (First time ever doing a Poly by the way) and was not easy. Fingers crossed. I was told I should hear something back from DC in 2-3 weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spudnik1347 View Post
              Just a time line update. Completed Poly yesterday in Dallas. I feel it went well but it was definitely an interesting experience (First time ever doing a Poly by the way) and was not easy. Fingers crossed. I was told I should hear something back from DC in 2-3 weeks.
              how long after your factor v was it before you were contacted to schedule it? I'm at 7 weeks now.

Comment

• Spudnik1347
                Spudnik1347 commented
                Editing a comment
                Between my Security Interview and scheduled Poly it was about 2 months.

• Does anyone know how the Grades go with the Secret Service? Is it 7, 9, 11, 12, 13 or do they actually go from a 9 to a 10 like FBI.

Comment

• JeJe
                JeJe commented
                Editing a comment

• Spudnik1347
                Spudnik1347 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for the info

• Who knows what the timeline looks like post polygraph? I know it's varied pretty widely for some, but what's a good average? And, is medical next while background is underway?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nieto2588 View Post
                Who knows what the timeline looks like post polygraph? I know it's varied pretty widely for some, but what's a good average? And, is medical next while background is underway?
                i took my polygraph 7 months ago and i think i saw a tumbleweed roll across my living room

Comment

• Nieto2588
                  Nieto2588 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Geez... have you called to see what's going on? That can't be normal. They were telling me that they are in urgent need of agents and the timeline from application to hire is typically 4-6 months.

• ShockTroopDevilDog
                  ShockTroopDevilDog commented
                  Editing a comment
                  "you are still in process"

• Spudnik1347
                  Spudnik1347 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I was told I should hear something about my poly in 2-3 weeks. If that holds up I'll let you guys know. just to shine some light for you guys. cool? My application process started in January of this year just in case you were wondering and I did my Poly last week.

• A380
                  A380 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I heard after the poly they start the BI. Depending how many times you've moved and jobs you changed etc that could severely delay the process

• Long time lurker, first time poster. Just wanted to give you guys some hope. I got the call earlier this week and the process from poly to offer was very quick for me. Good luck to everyone!

Comment

• Lone-ranger
                  Lone-ranger commented
                  Editing a comment
                  LOL, come on now, you know how this works. Timeline, location(s) they offered, location you picked etc...Congrats by the way

• 1811_To_Be
                  1811_To_Be commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Just so that I have an idea of what to expect... recently completed medical and lab work... so now I'm not sure what the timeframe was for you from when you did that to the next step which I'm guessing it's either a home interview or "the call"?

• So, it has been three weeks from my SI and they sent me an email from USSS stating that my application is longer being considered. I wish they would say why....
                17-10 APPLICANT
                TEST PASSED: AUGUST 15TH
                Conditional Job Officer: SEPTEMBER 15
                E-QIP: 10/26 SUBMITTED
                E-QIP: 1-4-18 SENT TO OPR
                Medical Exam: 3/10 CLEARED
                PFT 1: 9/25/17 PASSED
                SI: 3/16 passed
                POLY: 5/16 pending results
                BI: in progress
                DRUG: in progress

Comment

• ShockTroopDevilDog
                  ShockTroopDevilDog commented
                  Editing a comment
                  lol it's been 7.5 months since i took my polygraph and still haven't received any word lol

• JeJe
                  JeJe commented
                  Editing a comment
                  sometimes they don't even email applicants. trust, but i hope you will hear something positive.

• To those that applied in 2016 and/or 2017 and have been offered a position... so that I can have an idea of what to expect... what is the next step after the medical/labs are completed? Is it a home interview? Is it "the call"? How long did you wait to hear back from the agency once the medical/labs were completed?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4934 users online. 210 members and 4724 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X