300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SgtScott31 View Post
    It seems from the usajobs website that they are hiring quite a bit. I don't think your education/experience will speed up the process, but the agents at the FO where I applied advised I would start at the GS9 level with my graduate degree and LE experience (before I got DQed on the medical). The GS9 level is higher pay and it also puts you senior above the GS5s and GS7s. With your education/experience, I'm sure you meet their quals. The process seems to be moving rather quickly. I think they are trying to get folks through the process within 180 days (6 mos) from initial app to job offer.
    180 days would be nice but for me it is taking alot longer. I am a year and a half into the process and still waiting for my panel interview. Spoke to SAIC and they said I should be getting a call anyday now. When all is said and done it will be over a 2 year process for me.
    USSS SA:
    2/08 Applied
    7/08 Initial Interview
    5/09 TEA Exam
    11/09 Panel
    6/10 BQA Letter
    07/10 Reapplied

USSS UD:
    11/10 Applied
    01/11 Submitted Requested SF86

FBI:
    1/08 Applied
    1/08 Phase I Test - Did not pass
    1/09 Resubmitted Application
    2/09 Phase I Test - Passed
    5/09 Phase II - Passed
    5/09 PFT - Failed - Tore Hamstring during 300m
    9/09 Passed PFT - 19 Points!
    10/09 BQA Letter

USCP:
    05/10 Applied
    06/10 Received COE Letter
    10/10 POST Test - Passed

Comment

• I am also wayyy over the 180 day mark. They recieved my application on 22 March 2008, moved very quickly through the process and I have an email confirmation from FEB 2009 that every step of my process is done and I am just waiting for a phone call. The waiting is killing me because there are no more steps....just 'the call'. Heck, if the process really is 180 days now maybe I should re-apply, it might be faster than waiting

Comment

• Originally posted by VT04 View Post
        I am also wayyy over the 180 day mark. They recieved my application on 22 March 2008, moved very quickly through the process and I have an email confirmation from FEB 2009 that every step of my process is done and I am just waiting for a phone call. The waiting is killing me because there are no more steps....just 'the call'. Heck, if the process really is 180 days now maybe I should re-apply, it might be faster than waiting
        Don't fret VT. You're going to get in. You might have to wait on me to catch up to you so we can go to FLETC together, but we will get there. I'm confident.

Comment

• what's going on gentlemen. I'm new on here and I'm in the process as well. What I have been told is that since everything went electronic, the process is supposed to be sped up a bit. Now SAIC's have deadlines, where as before they could shelve your application and get to it when they had time. Mine seems to be on track for 180 days (fingers crossed), but as long as I get the job, I'll be happy.

I have my panel next week, so I'm pretty excited about everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bham SA Hopeful View Post
            Don't fret VT. You're going to get in. You might have to wait on me to catch up to you so we can go to FLETC together, but we will get there. I'm confident.
            Thanks for the pep talk Bham, getting to the point where I needed one. I just can't wait to get back to FLETC and start eating good chicken 3 meals a day again

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadowdrop View Post
              I turned in my application on May 8 and their website says "Application received, you will be notified by email" but still no email, no call, nothing. Should I try and call my local field office or just be patient? I know the process is lengthy, but should I be concerned going on 2 months without hearing a word?
              Nah. Took them almost 2 months to contact me for an initial, and I know some people it's much longer. Don't bother calling your local FO until they have at least got ahold of you for an initial. You don't even know that they have your app there yet.

Comment

• 1811 - I PMed ya, didn't you get?

Anybody have any idea how long to hear after the fun filled poly?

Comment

• Does anybody know if marijuana use in college will eliminate an applicant? It was very mininmal use, 2-3 times, and I put "yes" on the Supplemental packet. Just curious if anyone knew or had past knowledge of other applicants.

Comment

• new process

Last edited by brickster720; 04-12-2012, 10:18 PM.

Comment

• Goose49 where are you at in Florida? I'm in the process here too and things have been delayed for almost two months since submitting my SF-86.

Comment

• I'm in St. Aug, applying through Jax. My process has been pretty smooth thus far like I said. Are you applying thru Miami? If so maybe it's because they are busier there than in Jacksonville. I missed the call from the AT scheduling me for the Panel and I haven't been able to get a hold of him since wednesday, so just waiting on a date for the panel. Where are you in the process right now?

Comment

• Originally posted by brickster720 View Post
                          I lucked out, I'm in the new process at the DC FO. I applied in april, got a thanks but no thanks in may, then called in June for the TEA. After we took it last week they had the HR people there to grade it and gave us our initial right away. If we passed that, they gave us a date for our panel near the end of august.

There is hope, Just gotta be patient. I asked the SA who spoke with us after the exam why I initially got a thanks but no thanks, but he just said that the switch to USAJOBS/career center has been screwy with everyone
                          I don't know if you meant this for me? I'm not waiting for an initial.

Comment

• Hey guys/gals I am about to graduate in a year with my bachelors in CJ and am highly interested in the SA position sometime down the line. Would it be more beneficial for me to get my masters in Accounting or to try and get on with a local or fed law enforcement agency right out of college. I was thinking about just going ahead and getting the masters now instead of waiting and possibly never going back. If someone could PM me with any of their thoughts or with what they did themselves to get into the USSS.

Comment

• Originally posted by DT1708 View Post
                              Hey guys/gals I am about to graduate in a year with my bachelors in CJ and am highly interested in the SA position sometime down the line. Would it be more beneficial for me to get my masters in Accounting or to try and get on with a local or fed law enforcement agency right out of college. I was thinking about just going ahead and getting the masters now instead of waiting and possibly never going back. If someone could PM me with any of their thoughts or with what they did themselves to get into the USSS.
                              Maybe you could do both? Work LE and pursue your masters part time?

Comment

• Hello everyone, my process has been pretty slow. It has been over a year since I put in my application. I had my BG and home visit last month. I was told to wait on “the call”. Does anyone know what time of the month they make “the calls”? A friend told me that they meet the same time every month to pick the people to call.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12284 users online. 473 members and 11811 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X