Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got ELAC invite, see ya'll in Jacksonville.

36thID

Comment

• Does anyone know how they decide who does ELAC and who does the traditional process? I had my interview back a few weeks ago, still waiting to see what's next!

Comment

• Lone-ranger
        Lone-ranger commented
        Editing a comment
        From what I've seen, it seems to be regional. I applied in January and folks on the East coast were invited to ELAC in March. I was recently invited to the ones in the southeast in June/July. I'd imagine they make them regional because there are limited slots and they'd rather get folks in each respective area the best opportunity to be in the accelerated process.

If it's not regional then I have no clue lol.

• What's up everyone, is there around that has applied since April and heard anything? I had to re apply do to vision. Does anyone also know if using "illegal drugs" since attaining age 23, but not within the past 3 years is a disqualifier?

Comment

• Post has been updated
        Last edited by schwinpopo; 06-07-2017, 10:06 AM.

Comment

• I applied to both Uniform and SA recently, and I received an email stating I didn't meet the qualifications for the Uniform announcement, however I received another email stating I have been invited to the SAEE in Kileen. Oh well, it just seemed odd. Anyways, my main question has to do with their drug use policy. I have read and read it over and over. I last used marijuana when I was 22. No more than 5 times throughout my life. The issue is I was in the National Guard. No excuse for my actions, and it is the reason why I started my leo career at 26 rather than 23. Now, it says you can't be eligible if you used while having a government clearance. However, technically, I didn't have one due to I was enrolled in ROTC and big army wiped all of my information out. They even took away my CAC card and gave me the old green one. So as far as the government was concerned, I didn't have a clearance. Do any of yall think I should make the 6 hour drive to Kileen or would I be wasting my time? Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by MPguard89 View Post
            I applied to both Uniform and SA recently, and I received an email stating I didn't meet the qualifications for the Uniform announcement, however I received another email stating I have been invited to the SAEE in Kileen. Oh well, it just seemed odd. Anyways, my main question has to do with their drug use policy. I have read and read it over and over. I last used marijuana when I was 22. No more than 5 times throughout my life. The issue is I was in the National Guard. No excuse for my actions, and it is the reason why I started my leo career at 26 rather than 23. Now, it says you can't be eligible if you used while having a government clearance. However, technically, I didn't have one due to I was enrolled in ROTC and big army wiped all of my information out. They even took away my CAC card and gave me the old green one. So as far as the government was concerned, I didn't have a clearance. Do any of yall think I should make the 6 hour drive to Kileen or would I be wasting my time? Thanks.
            If you technically didn't violate the rules then you should be good. I would contact the field office....they're really good about returning phone calls with an email response.

Comment

• MPguard89
              MPguard89 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you for the response. I've asked an OPM investigator and a SA, and they said I should be good. It just seems like a long shot. Oh well, worth a shot.

• Originally posted by MPguard89 View Post
            I applied to both Uniform and SA recently, and I received an email stating I didn't meet the qualifications for the Uniform announcement, however I received another email stating I have been invited to the SAEE in Kileen. Oh well, it just seemed odd. Anyways, my main question has to do with their drug use policy. I have read and read it over and over. I last used marijuana when I was 22. No more than 5 times throughout my life. The issue is I was in the National Guard. No excuse for my actions, and it is the reason why I started my leo career at 26 rather than 23. Now, it says you can't be eligible if you used while having a government clearance. However, technically, I didn't have one due to I was enrolled in ROTC and big army wiped all of my information out. They even took away my CAC card and gave me the old green one. So as far as the government was concerned, I didn't have a clearance. Do any of yall think I should make the 6 hour drive to Kileen or would I be wasting my time? Thanks.
            The big thing is that you were honest about it. Id be willing to wager that you're good to go.
            ATF SA -
            Test Score: Passed
            Progress: Waiting scheduling PTT

US Secret Service SA - SA-NC001-17
            Progress: Passed ELAC, awaiting poly

DEA SA - BA2017-1
            Progress: Completed panel, medical, awaiting PFT and Poly

Comment

• Hey guys, I will be in Jacksonville,FL for the ELAC in June. Excited about this opportunity. If anybody has taken or will be taking the ELAC in the upcoming months what will you guys be using to study for the SAEE?? What they offer online is really a basic study guide and I know the SAEE will be 100x harder than that. Can you guys please post what you may be using to study or if anybody has taken the SAEE can you tell us what you used to study. Also, for anybody that has taken the SAEE can you please post an example question of how the logic-based reasoning part will be? Every helpful post will be greatly appreciated!!

Comment

• Post has ben updated
                Last edited by schwinpopo; 06-07-2017, 10:06 AM.

Comment

• Hello all. I applied to the SA-NC001-17 posting back in January, out of the Dallas office. I took the SAEE early April, and had my SUPER two weeks ago. I received the Jacksonville and Killeen ELAC invites this past week. Has anyone else received an ELAC invite after having the SAEE and SUPER? My understanding is the SAEE and SUPER would have been conducted at the ELAC. Thank you.

Comment

• ArmyRanger
                    ArmyRanger commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The same thing happened to me, I received the ELAC invite after my SI was scheduled. During my SI they told me to just ignore the ELAC invite.

• Originally posted by schwinpopo View Post
                  The study guide is a very useful guide for SAEE. It's all I used.
                  Yes I know it is helpful, but I'm sure the questions on the actual SAEE were extremely harder than the study guide correct?

Comment

• SASeeker
                    SASeeker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Use the study manual. Take the practice exam, look over your errors. Put it aside and come back and do it again a few days later. I thought the difficulty level of the SAEE was comparable to the study guide. Looking back I don't think any other study material is necessary, nor do I think it would have been helpful.

• Originally posted by cdubya View Post
                  Hello all. I applied to the SA-NC001-17 posting back in January, out of the Dallas office. I took the SAEE early April, and had my SUPER two weeks ago. I received the Jacksonville and Killeen ELAC invites this past week. Has anyone else received an ELAC invite after having the SAEE and SUPER? My understanding is the SAEE and SUPER would have been conducted at the ELAC. Thank you.
                  How hard was your SAEE?? And what all did you use to study besides the study guide they offer on their website?? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Comment

• 2_Serve
                    2_Serve commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I also used Peterson's Master the Special Agent Exam but didn't feel like a lot of it was applicable to the current SAEE. If you have the concepts down in the online study guide you should be good.

• Jrod26
                    Jrod26 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The SAEE was more difficult than the study guide that is provided. That being said the SAEE study guide is the only way to prepare for the SAEE. I too have Peterson's SA study guide but it's not intended to help you prepare for the SAEE. Good luck! (You'll need it...)

• For those who have taken the poly already. Were you guys contacted through email for your poly date or by telephone? Thanks.

Comment

• Good morning everyone, I just got a COE and was sent all the forms to fill out. For sections that you only fill out if you answered "yes" previously like dual citizenship, foreign passports, etc if your answer was "No" did you fill out everything with N/A or leave it blank?

Also a few sections like my phone number and social security wont let me type anything in, any tricks you guys used?

Comment

• SASeeker
                      SASeeker commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'm working on filling mine out, too. I am putting N/A for everything...it seems like a bit much, but the instructions say to.

• 2_Serve
                      2_Serve commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I emailed them to clarify the instructions and they said "You do not need to input "n/a" into all boxes that don't apply. Please only input "n/a" in entries that you have to complete. If you answer "no" to a question please just continue to the next question or section."

• Radar1991
                      Radar1991 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Don't stress over not being able to fill it all in. There are drop downs like "country" that you can't fill in. Print and hand write what you were unable to fill in. Otherwise, they'll review it all with you at your factor V. No judgment will be passed on you if you miss a few things since it happens all the time and they're well aware of the faults in the PDF's.

• Hey, for those who are not part of the ELAC process, how long after completing the SI were you notified? I completed mine last week and am hoping to hear soon. I applied in January. Never heard of ELAC until I started following this forum. Does anyone have any idea of the stats of applicants? How many are hired compared to how many apply? Or how many move on from phase 1 to phase 2 of the hiring process? I know it is a long process...but I am hopeful.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9349 users online. 445 members and 8904 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X