Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question. I'm doing sf86 and it wants foreign contacts in two sections, are they different? Or just put everyone I have in one section into the other? Additionally I spent a year abroad for education and as a result I have people I occasionally speak to from France Germany U.K. And Japan. Most of them I speak to very casually once in a blue moon, should I still list them? Also I have a couple people who do not wish to provide the private info the form asks for. What can I do for that? Just provide names?

Comment

• Originally posted by Solemncollector View Post
      Quick question. I'm doing sf86 and it wants foreign contacts in two sections, are they different? Or just put everyone I have in one section into the other? Additionally I spent a year abroad for education and as a result I have people I occasionally speak to from France Germany U.K. And Japan. Most of them I speak to very casually once in a blue moon, should I still list them? Also I have a couple people who do not wish to provide the private info the form asks for. What can I do for that? Just provide names?
      I would confirm with OPM or USSS, but I'd imagine if the form asks for the info then it's best to provide it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lone-ranger View Post

I would confirm with OPM or USSS, but I'd imagine if the form asks for the info then it's best to provide it.
        for now I'm waiting to hear back from my FO on how they wish for the packet to be given to them, and in some issues like check boxes not working and United States not being included in drop down boxes. But yea I plan to list like 40 people unfortunately some don't want to give me info so I only can give names.

Comment

• Has anybody from the NYC expedited announcement last August received "the call" or had their home interview?

Comment

• Can anyone tell me how long they had to wait between submitting their security packet and being scheduled for the Security Interview? Mainly applicants who were not in the ELAC process. Thanks!

Comment

• Contacted the next day, scheduled for the following week.

Comment

• Spudnik1347
                Spudnik1347 commented
                Editing a comment
                Sent you a quick PM. Thanks

• I'm an NYC ELAC applicant. The last thing I did was the poly back in January. Not a word since then. I called and they said I was "still in the process." Not many NYC ELAC applicants on here from what I can tell. One person on here from the NYC announcement is pretty much done. He/She posted a couple pages back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raskolnikov View Post
                I'm an NYC ELAC applicant. The last thing I did was the poly back in January. Not a word since then. I called and they said I was "still in the process." Not many NYC ELAC applicants on here from what I can tell. One person on here from the NYC announcement is pretty much done. He/She posted a couple pages back.
                did my poly december 1st told i passed poly and waiting to schedule medical. have not. I called they gave me the generic "still in process" and no movement what so ever. #clowns

Comment

• Florida people who haven't heard yet, Jacksonville ELAC invites are going out in late May. TPAFO says it should be the weekend of June 23rd to 25th but that's not confirmed yet.
                  ATF SA -
                  Test Score: Passed
                  Progress: Waiting scheduling PTT

US Secret Service SA - SA-NC001-17
                  Progress: Passed ELAC, awaiting poly

DEA SA - BA2017-1
                  Progress: Completed panel, medical, awaiting PFT and Poly

Comment

• Martz507
                    Martz507 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    How would one sign up for these events?

• CB67
                    CB67 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You don't sign up for it, you're invited. I got my email after I passed SAEE though I've heard some people did get to apply to ELAC specific JOAs and took SAEE there. I think that's all regional specific though.

• Settle down and live your lives fellas. If you haven't noticed, there's forums on here from ATF 2012 and USMS early 2016. USSS has one of the fastest hiring processes', but it's still the Feds. Best bet is to forget about your application and continue through the process as they contact you. Other than that, you're stressing yourself for nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nieto2588 View Post
                    Contacted the next day, scheduled for the following week.
                    My FO is trying to figure out how I should submit mine, They said there should be a button at the end to submit but there isn't one. I am ready to send it to them now though.

Comment

• Hey guys, I hope everyone is well. Quick question for anyone who has had a similar experience. I just got a email from USSS saying that I didn't qualify for the SA-NC003-17 at the GS-7 level. However, I'm currently in the process and have already qualified for the GS-9 level with the SA-NC2016-NYC announcement (did poly in January, and waiting on medical) . I applied for the second announcement thinking it would remind them of my existence and maybe get things moving again. This situation is strange because I have two MAs, qualifying me for the GS-9 level for the expedited NYC announcement, but now they are saying I'm not qualified for the GS-7 position with the March announcement. WTF?

Comment

• Originally posted by Raskolnikov View Post
                        Hey guys, I hope everyone is well. Quick question for anyone who has had a similar experience. I just got a email from USSS saying that I didn't qualify for the SA-NC003-17 at the GS-7 level. However, I'm currently in the process and have already qualified for the GS-9 level with the SA-NC2016-NYC announcement (did poly in January, and waiting on medical) . I applied for the second announcement thinking it would remind them of my existence and maybe get things moving again. This situation is strange because I have two MAs, qualifying me for the GS-9 level for the expedited NYC announcement, but now they are saying I'm not qualified for the GS-7 position with the March announcement. WTF?
                        lmao dude the EXACT same thing happend to me lol

Comment

• I believe they want to prevent SA applicants from having multiple active SA applications to streamline the hiring processes. If you are already in process with an app, then I believe any new app for an SA spot will be dismissed.

In the future, I wouldn't hesitate to contact the agency directly before reapplying under a different announcement. Some agencies wipe out your existing progress and make you start from scratch. Some agencies only retain elements of prior apps. Some agencies appear to allow concurrent applications because of changes in location availability. When you are looking at highly competitive 1811 jobs with 1-4 year hiring processes, you don't want to lose any ground.

Good luck and Godspeed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ocean2017 View Post
                            I believe they want to prevent SA applicants from having multiple active SA applications to streamline the hiring processes. If you are already in process with an app, then I believe any new app for an SA spot will be dismissed.

In the future, I wouldn't hesitate to contact the agency directly before reapplying under a different announcement. Some agencies wipe out your existing progress and make you start from scratch. Some agencies only retain elements of prior apps. Some agencies appear to allow concurrent applications because of changes in location availability. When you are looking at highly competitive 1811 jobs with 1-4 year hiring processes, you don't want to lose any ground.

Good luck and Godspeed.
                            That was my thought as well

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7119 users online. 377 members and 6742 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X